Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

VRS FA-18E superbug

My biggest question is if new customers will be able to purchase today after the patch gets released. I can only hope so, she looks sooo fantastic, I can't wait to try my hand at some carrier landings!
According to Sim Outhouse VRS issued a patch today but had to pull it after they discovered a conflict with FSX service pack 2.New patch is due for release tomorrow.I wish them the best of success with this product (I really do) but I hope this is a lesson that proper Beta testing is a must instead of leaving potential customer almost a week after release aimlessly clicking F5 on their browser windows.RegardsBryan.

I was up last night waiting and got the news then, from what I gathered they'll be finishing up with the patch today (Thursday the 15th) So hopefully no other issues crop up and we'll all be off and running. But I'm with ya, I've been watching the thread religiously for the past 3 days. So hopefully today is the day!

Hello again guysI guess i can't pretend that's it's not been an unfortunate launch for this product. However, being one of the lucky few to be flying this flawlessly, please don't be put off by that unfortuate launch.It's pretty damn spectacular!(and no, I'm not afilliated with ANY company) :(

Patch is out... new customers still can't purchase, not until they are comfortable with the current release, so if something goes wrong, we're stuck waiting again. I wish they'd just let us purchase, I'd rather have it and be able to read the manuals and what not even if there are a few problems, rather than wait wait wait.

Guest BlueRidgeDx
Patch is out... new customers still can't purchase, not until they are comfortable with the current release, so if something goes wrong, we're stuck waiting again. I wish they'd just let us purchase, I'd rather have it and be able to read the manuals and what not even if there are a few problems, rather than wait wait wait.
No. For once, somebody did the right thing and shutdown the store when it was apparent that there was a show-stopping bug that snuck through testing. Can you imagine the outcry if they had continued selling a seriously flawed product? All too often we complain loudly at the slightest perceived injustice, yet we're suspiciously silent when a company does the right thing.Hopefully I speak for the silent majority when I say "well done" and "thank you" to the VRS guys. As soon as they open the store up, I'll be purchasing this one based on principle alone. I don't really have the money to do it, but they earned it. This kind of behavior should be rewarded, and I'm voting with my wallet.

For once, somebody did the right thing and shutdown the store when it was apparent that there was a show-stopping bug that snuck through testing.
Well said !! I feel sorry for the guys that purchased and then couldn't use it, but at least VRS did the right thing and stopped selling. I think this one will be going on my list of add-ons to get !!G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I absolutely can't say enough about the level of service the VRS guys deliver. Somehow, with literally 2-3 main guys, they manage to put out a product that entire studios can't match. I've always had unparalled support from them and expect nothing less for anyone else that purchases from them. These guys know how to do it right. I've literally emailed support at 5:00 AM on a Saturday and gotten multiple responces within an hour. A word to all those waiting for delivery.. Give em a few days, let them do it right, and you'll be amazed with what you get. There's no rival for what they produce. After all, Varmint has spent the last 6 years of his life for this product!!! Who else would do that?.

Hold on to your hats ppl its worth the wait hehe. Extract from their main page so hopefully sales back up tonight or tommorow morning.

The VRS Web Store will reopen to new customers some time on Friday April 16th.

Hold on to your hats ppl its worth the wait hehe. Extract from their main page so hopefully sales back up tonight or tommorow morning.

The VRS Web Store will reopen to new customers some time on Friday April 16th.

No, sadly it wont....

Attention New Customers: The VRS Web Store will remain closed until we can fully deal with current issues involving throttle response on some controllers. VRS does not have the staff to both support customers 24 hours a day AND fix problems. We will not add fuel to the fire for the sake of money. Please be patient and when the throttle issues are satisfactorily resolved we will reopen the store.Bummer............looks like we get to wait a little longer while they get things sorted. Good things come to those that wait.

Doh i didnt see that lol, i just saw for sale button lol. Only trying to help -).

Well was ready to buy tonight, guess they are in way too far over their head at this point. :( Especially considering just a few hours ago they said sales would resume today . . .Could be a lot better in how they handled the release, seems like they need to step up a little better if they want to run like a big dog. I know I will be criticized, but, if you are going to compare them to a PMDG, then they need to perform like one. Oh well . . .

Joe Lorenc