Sign in to follow this  
7107delicious

A new 757 for FSX?

Anybody knows what happens to the company Level-D and their project of the 757?

As of an ambiguous post made in their forum a few months ago, it is 'still in development'...

Inactive

I think they are working 1 pixel at a time. I say 2015 we'll see it. But I lost interest already.

Paul Gugliotta

no they are doing a 777 and a dash8-400. Level-D are supposed to be working on a 757

a Q400? majestic got that covered.

Instead of commiting to an entirely new product PMDG could very well offer the 737 Extended Range variants that will cover the gap left by the discontinued 757 in the real world.At least this would be the next logical step given if it is enough marketability for these to be made in the not so distant future.Boeing 737-900ER is a very nice candidate for your needs and it will be much more convenient for the team to offer it for us than investing in a new project that will obviously take more time.

I actually think Boeing's gonna end up doing a new narrowbody still (797?) to truly replace the 757 - the A321s and 739ERs aren't actually capable of fully doing what the 757 could. Lots of airlines are having trouble doing westbound transcon flights in the US with them for instance depending on time of year and the winds.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

As of now I think that 737-700ER with its 5.500nm capability is the only one that can compete with the 757.

As of now I think that 737-700ER with its 5.500nm capability is the only one that can compete with the 757.

The 757 can carry between 200 and 260 passengers depending on the seating configuration. The 737-700ER can hold up to 126. Not really comparable.

Richie Walsh

But the 737-700ER doesn't have comparable passenger capacity or short field performance.  The difference between a 757-200 and an A321 or 737-900ER is that when it comes to the A321 and -900ER, when they do things that the 757 does, they barely do it. Plus, the super stretched other smaller narrowbodies don't have a larger variant for increased single aisle route capacity like the 757-300 provides.  

Inactive

Yellowstone narrowbody, make it capable of replacing both 737 and 757, win-win for Boeing.

I think a 767 is the next best step. Level D's is basically dead as far as competition products, as well as the other 767 by a company I quite can't remember the name of.. Something with a C.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I wouldn't worry guys. Obviously PMDG has to keep making airplanes to pay the bills.

It will all come in time....

Peter Osborn

On 7/25/2014 at 8:44 AM, Tabs said:

I actually think Boeing's gonna end up doing a new narrowbody still (797?) to truly replace the 757 - the A321s and 739ERs aren't actually capable of fully doing what the 757 could. Lots of airlines are having trouble doing westbound transcon flights in the US with them for instance depending on time of year and the winds.

Came across this post by chance.

Ryan... how'd you guess? :D

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2014 at 0:44 AM, Tabs said:

Ryan (aka Tabs),

At ISTAT in San Diego last week (or maybe the week before), the NMA or MoM (797) was discussed heavily.  Randy Tinseth (Boeing VP) mentioned it, as well as United, have stated the concept as it stands right now is a twin isle aircraft; meaning not a narrow body. (See https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/united-very-interested-in-boeing-mom-concept-434905/)  there was concept Boeing did a few years ago that was a flattened wide body oval, there is heavy speculation it could be something similar to that.  I think Boeing HAS to do a NMA/MoM, the A321neo/A330neo are eating Boeing's 757 lunch.  Those do not truly match a 757 as you mentioned and since Boeing killed the 787-3; it will have to do something because the MAX 10 will not do the job either.

I had an issue with my Level-D 767 and installing it on a Win 10 version of FSX.  I contacted Daryl Shuttleworth on their forum and I got the feeling Level-D had given up on Flight1's wrapper issue as well as their DLLs.  I don't have the email anymore but his words were it is was a decade old product and the devs had not actively discussed the 767 or 757.  He has not posted anything on the 757 since 2015.  Unless something has seriously changed in the last year, I'm not sure Level-D is even still working on Anything!

On 26/05/2010 at 2:51 AM, plodgeface said:

Level D are currently producing a 757, doesn't look like too long before release.

7 years later;

Nope!  Still not released.  Lets see if we can have it in our hangers within the next decade! :P As a matter a fact - their forums are pretty lifeless without much interaction going on in it.

1 hour ago, Boeing777300 said:

7 years later;

Nope!  Still not released.  Lets see if we can have it in our hangers within the next decade! :P As a matter a fact - their forums are pretty lifeless without much interaction going on in it.

I think it's fair to conclude that this is a long gone dead duck. I think most came to that conclusion several years ago, but it would have been nice for them to state that it's vaporware, rather than their spokesman speaking in riddles and stringing enthusiasts along for years with the "it's not their full time job" mantra.

David Porrett