Sign in to follow this  
stampee

save seat position and eye view

Hi awl: How do I save my cockpits seat position, eye view, zoom details, virtual cockpit settings etc after flight?It is a pain having to reset all these items each time I fly the same flight again. I am now using dual monitors and can tweak things to look great during a flight, but... after exiting flight sim on restart I am back to the default settings which I do not like.Any help would be appreciated.-stampee

stampee;If you are having to adjust eyepoint location in the VC then adjust it in (each) aircraft.cfg until it is right: that is the only permanent fix for "incorrect" location.Starting zoom levels are picked up from the default flight. Either save each flight as you end it as default or adjust those zoom levels in your "default" flight.The Initial Zoom in a camera definition is the "reset" value and NOT the value it starts with.And even though I fly chase outside 99.9% of the time and save the flight that way, it always starts fromt he VC. So why does it bother saving outside as the "current" view in the saved flight? Beats me; just one of "those things" we learn to live with.The group that designs the next Flight Sim is welcome to fix such little annoyances...Loyd

The easiest way is to buy EZDok. You can set seat positions, cameras and effects with just a few clicks.http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcamIt really is a must have add on. You will not realize how much you need it until you use it for a few weeks. After you get the hang of the interface, there is no turning back.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Another option would be to purchase the Ezdok camera addon, which lets you set up your default view and other internal/external views for every aircraft. It's a nifty tool, though there's a bit of a learning curve involved.Edit: I've been scooped.

The easiest way is to buy EZDok. You can set seat positions, cameras and effects with just a few clicks.http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcamIt really is a must have add on. You will not realize how much you need it until you use it for a few weeks. After you get the hang of the interface, there is no turning back.
Per the forums, appears that many have difficulty with the interface and setting up the program. Or is it simply that they didnt read the manual first?

Per the forums, appears that many have difficulty with the interface and setting up the program. Or is it simply that they didnt read the manual first?
Maybe a combination of both. Setting up the cameras in my opinion is very easy and only takes a few minutes. Importing the effects from a similar sized a/c is also very easy. The part of the program that the documentation is lacking in, is what the vast number of knobs that control all the settings. Most of the intricate stuff in the effects generators isn't really discussed in the manuals. While you can get things up and going very well just using the default settings, you can fine tune it much more if you know how all the other stuff works. I fly mostly airliners in FSX and it works well for me, but I just mainly use it for a little bit of shake and vibration while rolling down the runway on take off and on landing, My in air settings are very minimal since I dont like getting bounced all over the cockpit in a 767.All in all, I think the majority of users are very happy using just the default settings, which are easy to set up. For the more advanced users who really want to achieve a specific effect or fine tune the effects, it takes a little bit more work and experimentation. The good thing however, is that you can tweak it on the fly without having to reboot FSX every time you change something. I will be very happy when more documentation comes out so I can fine tune my settings a bit.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

stampee;If you are having to adjust eyepoint location in the VC then adjust it in (each) aircraft.cfg until it is right: that is the only permanent fix for "incorrect" location.Starting zoom levels are picked up from the default flight. Either save each flight as you end it as default or adjust those zoom levels in your "default" flight.The Initial Zoom in a camera definition is the "reset" value and NOT the value it starts with.And even though I fly chase outside 99.9% of the time and save the flight that way, it always starts fromt he VC. So why does it bother saving outside as the "current" view in the saved flight? Beats me; just one of "those things" we learn to live with.The group that designs the next Flight Sim is welcome to fix such little annoyances...Loyd
How do you go about changing the default flight zoom levels if you are using the standard default FSX flight? I cannot seem to find the proper folder/file to change?

Eric 

Try using WheelCam. You can adjust any camera view to your liking, whether it's a cockpit or window seat view. Then when you have all your views set up to your liking, and you are ready to save your Default Flight, the camera angles will stay that way when you fly again with the same aircraft. For example, in the A318, A319,and A320, the Pilot view is a little to far to the right and to far forward. You can scoot yourself to the left and sit back in the seat a little more. Same with Window seating, you can choose window seat forward and aft of the wings.