Sign in to follow this  
MdMax

AirSimmer A320 Basic Edition Update 1.2

I have the AS A320 and in the last month i have done a reformat and installed fsx. Now, i gotta say i've always had faith in these guys or i would'nt have aquired this A320 in the first place,i think it looks great and has the prospects of a top notch simulation, but like i said, i've only installed fsx and im hanging in there, so...Come on Airsimmer, get fs9 cracked and give fsx a cracking A320 too!!P.s, this is'nt an fsx v fs9 thing.Chris.

Chris Howard

I think AS could come out of this in a very positive way if they keep up the development. I like their product, but there were issues that rendered it more of a burden than "fun". I like the fact that they are continuing development despite the flak they have taken in recent months. They could have run with their tail between there legs but instead kept working on their aircraft. While their bus was no doubt released in a state that was not ready for prime time, I do appreciate their continued efforts and respect them for driving on.
The way they responded to the fiasco was poorly done. They should have been upfront with what was going on (developer qutting/fired/leaving and so on, what ever). Explained the delay to all the customers and tried to reach an understanding with them instead of finally speaking up on a public forum on the knock off site after a former employee aired some dirty laundry. They posted nothing for six months and they got lots of flak they deserved for that bad choice. They also left a bad taste in many people's mouth's and lost many potential customers in the process.I am glad they continue to work on this as they should have. I'm not talking about poor engine performance models and so on, the CTD's were rampant with many people. It should at least "work" even if it isn't realistic in some opinions.That being said the last patch has made it flyable now at least.

Hey Dillon,I'm (almost) thinking about re-purchasing since the 1.2 update. When I first purchased it I had a few (not too many) CTD's but my main concern was FPS. Is editing out the scs.gau really improving the frames? Just curious, might try it again.Cheers,Pete

The 'if' is a mute point in my book. For the most part this thing works now (if flown in the VC from start to finish). I've done many successful flights not doing anything fancy with the FMC just standard route entries (I don't bother with SID/STAR info in the FMC as I let default ATC handle my vectors for the most part). I will enter in my takeoff and landing runways so I can see the active runway on the ND screen. After editing out the "scs.gau" entries in the panel config (loosing things like cockpit fan noise and flap handle sounds) my framerates are great (I may do some third party sound edits to bring some of this back until a fix is found by AS). The "scs.gau" is something that still needs to get ironed out so I can live with that as I have no more framerate issues. Patch 1.2 has made this aircraft flyable for the most part which is now something I can enjoy. There's now light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully we don't have to wait another 6 months for the next update.

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Hey Dillon,I'm (almost) thinking about re-purchasing since the 1.2 update. When I first purchased it I had a few (not too many) CTD's but my main concern was FPS. Is editing out the scs.gau really improving the frames? Just curious, might try it again.Cheers,Pete
The edit improves things a bit although I'm still seeing a slight performance degradation when using this bird compared to my PMDG 737 for example. The bird is stable for the most part in flight from start to destination but those extra sounds that's lacking because of the edited out gauge really take away from the experience. The bottom line is there's more work to be done but the bird is flyable now...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The edit improves things a bit although I'm still seeing a slight performance degradation when using this bird compared to my PMDG 737 for example. The bird is stable for the most part in flight from start to destination but those extra sounds that's lacking because of the edited out gauge really take away from the experience. The bottom line is there's more work to be done but the bird is flyable now...
I would think even when 100% finished it'll hit frames harder than the PMDG 737's - there is a lot more going on in an Airbus's systems IMO.

They should have been upfront with what was going on (developer qutting/fired/leaving and so on, what ever).
Just out of curiosity, who was that?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

its still a heap of junk... installed the patch.. my fps dropped even lower...."sigh"so still flying my SMS A319 with wilco merge.. no problems with fps or CTD"s.. and to be honest... the SMS modell looks great anyway...cheers.SWERIB

I would think even when 100% finished it'll hit frames harder than the PMDG 737's - there is a lot more going on in an Airbus's systems IMO.
If gauges/textures are optimized correctly in FS9 FPS should never be a problem at this point. I point to PMDG (737, 744, MD11, etc) because there's allot going on under the hood with those birds but their still able to pull off great performance in FS9. That's the marker as to what can be done especially when you look at the 744 and newer MD11. Seeing the Airsimmer 'Basic' model is no different in functionality than the Feelthere version it should not be taking anything from performance in FS9. You may be able to somewhat make a case when the 'Advanced' model becomes a reality but certainly not the 'Basic' version. The 'Basic' version has far less going on than Eaglesoft's Citation X or Beechjet (look how stellar they perform in FS9) so there's really no excuse for the issue outside of an unfinished product.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

its still a heap of junk... installed the patch.. my fps dropped even lower...."sigh"so still flying my SMS A319 with wilco merge.. no problems with fps or CTD"s.. and to be honest... the SMS modell looks great anyway...cheers.SWERIB
What are your systems specs?I never had performance issues with the original AS A320.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

P4 WIN 7 ultimate4GIG RAMATI 1GIG RAMplenty of HD space...this is not the issue here......all other addons runs great...freeware and payware.. all but this piece of junk.had it since november,, never opted for refund... they promised us patch to fix stuff... and since then its been downhill all the way...i told them way back in nov/dec , that its clearly a gauges problem, that suxs memory and fps.. my AS been grounded ever since update V1,1 and i dont expect it to ever fly again.not even bother posting at AS anymoore ... just keep gettin posts and comment deleted.**** them ,, i say... i,ll spend my money on the IFLY 737 and the upcoming BAE/avro .

P4 WIN 7 ultimate4GIG RAMATI 1GIG RAMplenty of HD space...this is not the issue here......all other addons runs great...freeware and payware.. all but this piece of junk.had it since november,, never opted for refund... they promised us patch to fix stuff... and since then its been downhill all the way...i told them way back in nov/dec , that its clearly a gauges problem, that suxs memory and fps.. my AS been grounded ever since update V1,1 and i dont expect it to ever fly again.not even bother posting at AS anymoore ... just keep gettin posts and comment deleted.**** them ,, i say... i,ll spend my money on the IFLY 737 and the upcoming BAE/avro .
Ok so explain to me why myself and others dont have FPS issues, or CTD issues or half the stuff I keep hearing on the Airsimmer forums? I'm not saying there coding is as efficiant as the top end guy's and I'm not saying your making it up but I have silky smooth frame rates, it's the same as any other addon I have in FS with all settings maxed and in dense scenery. It's something specific to the setup of your OSThe only other thing I can think of is perhaps the people with major issues have had many add-on aircraft installed in the past, perhaps there are guages or modules etc that aren't compatible. For the past four years I have only had the PMDG 744/MD11 installed, I'm fully aware that Airsimmer need to make this work with all setups but I cant understand why it works perfectly for some and others get a CTD as soon as they touch a button..

Rob Prest

ok.. so how come i have smooth fps on every thing but the AS A320?.i,m not alone.. alot of other customers have the same problem..fyi. i run other games.. like Mass effect 2. NFS shift... and all is silky smooth.i,m really happy u guys can fly it... wish i could. but i had this problem since day one.. and hoping the patches would fix it.. but with every patch.. problem just got worse. down to 3fps now in the A320.. with others 25fps. (locked at 25 fps.. cos u really dont need to use moore then that)and.. i did a reinstal on WIN7 ultimate and A320 V1,2 and nothing else, still a no go.. explain that. hehe

3fps? I'll say it again something is up with 'your' configuration. Well I'm sorry it doesn't work for you but your comments can be very misleading, If I had read your post I wouldn't of bought it when in fact I've been happily flying this thing around Europe for the past week.

Rob Prest

yeah ... off course.. me and alot of other people have the same config problem. lol.. i dont think so... this is THE only plane/scenery acting up like this. so i,d say my config is spot on. but really... no big deal, i,ll never buy anything from AS again.. the worst company ever.. customerwise i mean,their logo is "no compromise" lol.. first thing they did was compromise! realesing a product wich wasnt even in beta stage.. lol.. way to go AS.=P

yeah ... off course.. me and alot of other people have the same config problem. lol.. i dont think so... this is THE only plane/scenery acting up like this. so i,d say my config is spot on. but really... no big deal, i,ll never buy anything from AS again.. the worst company ever.. customerwise i mean,their logo is "no compromise" lol.. first thing they did was compromise! realesing a product wich wasnt even in beta stage.. lol.. way to go AS.=P
Alright, well this is just dragging the same garbage over from the Airsimmer forums which get's boring after 5 minutes. Sorry dude guess you lucked out, at least there are few other companies in development.Cheers

Rob Prest