Sign in to follow this  
MdMax

AirSimmer A320 Basic Edition Update 1.2

Just got back in....will try test flight now....

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

All the gold which is under or upon the earth is not enough to give in exchange for virtue. - Plato

Honestly some of you fellas must have the patience of Job to persevere with this pile of junk :( What a bloody shambles!Cheers,Dave

Honestly some of you fellas must have the patience of Job to persevere with this pile of junk :( What a bloody shambles!Cheers,Dave
I still believe if they can get things worked out this will be the Airbus to have in FS9.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I still believe if they can get things worked out this will be the Airbus to have in FS9.
If they can, then yes. It would seem to be quite a big if though. I hope they pull it off in the end.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Well they are working on it, that's clear now. It now seems that many people do get their planes working, so if AS continues this way, we'll get a working Airbus. I think I might wait for a bit, though. I want to know more from people that updated their to v1.2 and then I'll decide.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

If they can, then yes. It would seem to be quite a big if though. I hope they pull it off in the end.
The 'if' is a mute point in my book. For the most part this thing works now (if flown in the VC from start to finish). I've done many successful flights not doing anything fancy with the FMC just standard route entries (I don't bother with SID/STAR info in the FMC as I let default ATC handle my vectors for the most part). I will enter in my takeoff and landing runways so I can see the active runway on the ND screen. After editing out the "scs.gau" entries in the panel config (loosing things like cockpit fan noise and flap handle sounds) my framerates are great (I may do some third party sound edits to bring some of this back until a fix is found by AS). The "scs.gau" is something that still needs to get ironed out so I can live with that as I have no more framerate issues. Patch 1.2 has made this aircraft flyable for the most part which is now something I can enjoy. There's now light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully we don't have to wait another 6 months for the next update.

FS2020 

The scs.gau gauge is supposed to be completely rewritten, so there is good hope that performance problems due to the scs.gau gauge will be cleared.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

The 'if' is a mute point in my book.
So, the point can't be heard? Or do you mean moot? (sorry, pet peeve)And five years of development and they have successfully released a product that people have to comment out some of their gauges before it works? If I'm paying money for an aircraft it should be a lot more than just barely flyable after two patches. Maybe they've done the right thing by setting the bar so low that when they actually make one of the broken functions work, people are thrilled about it. I'm more of the opinion though that a product that I'm paying for should provide the basic functions of what it is intended to do right out of the gate.

- Aaron

So, the point can't be heard? Or do you mean moot? (sorry, pet peeve)And five years of development and they have successfully released a product that people have to comment out some of their gauges before it works? If I'm paying money for an aircraft it should be a lot more than just barely flyable after two patches. Maybe they've done the right thing by setting the bar so low that when they actually make one of the broken functions work, people are thrilled about it. I'm more of the opinion though that a product that I'm paying for should provide the basic functions of what it is intended to do right out of the gate.
As I wrote over on the Airsimmer forum it does work for a lot of us. They need to fix issues with individual systems because we all have different setups but it does what it say's on the tin for me and many others. Some people here are making out that the patch has not done anything which is completely misleading.

Rob Prest

Now that this 1.2 update seems to be getting pretty good reports, I would actually reconsider purchasing this Add-on if AS made the A319 and A321 packages also available for purchase.Are these two other aircraft no longer being released for the "Basic" package?

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

You have to understand the big elephant in the room 'slait' is we have little options as far as FS9 is concerned for a decent Airbus series. If we had the options that will soon be available for FSX then we'd have room to criticize/nitpick. As it stands now we don't. This package has allot of promise and since I don't see any other developer outside of one jumping to do a detailed version of the Airbus (for FS9) I embrace the efforts being done here. Even on the FSX side there's no plans let alone official projects slated for an Airbus series on this level being considered (PMDG may or may not do it, we'd see a 777 first). :(

FS2020 

You have to understand the big elephant in the room 'slait' is we have little options as far as FS9 is concerned for a decent Airbus series. If we had the options that will soon be available for FSX then we'd have room to criticize/nitpick. As it stands now we don't. This package has allot of promise and since I don't see any other developer outside of one jumping to do a detailed version of the Airbus (for FS9) I embrace the efforts being done here. Even on the FSX side there's no plans let alone official projects slated for an Airbus series on this level being considered (PMDG may or may not do it, we'd see a 777 first). :(
Hi Dillon,I thought FSLABS announced they were working on a A320, and judging by the work they have done on the Concorde, I would expect a pretty complex simulation (remember Lefteris was part of PMDG in the past)Regards,John

Hi Dillon,I thought FSLABS announced they were working on a A320, and judging by the work they have done on the Concorde, I would expect a pretty complex simulation (remember Lefteris was part of PMDG in the past)Regards,John
Sounds great, I guess there is another one for FSX and hardcore at that. Now is there another option for FS9 somewhere? If not we'd better be happy Airsimmer's trying to stay in the game.

FS2020 

Honestly I couldn't care less if they stay in the game. They don't produce anything usable from where I sit, so they are far from indispensable. Wilco, although having plenty of issues themselves, at least put out a usable product that to this day is probably the most feature rich. (For FS9 as well)So for me it takes a little more than being the only game in town to sell me a product, and as a consumer, I always have the right to criticize/nitpick.- Aaron

- Aaron

I think AS could come out of this in a very positive way if they keep up the development. I like their product, but there were issues that rendered it more of a burden than "fun". I like the fact that they are continuing development despite the flak they have taken in recent months. They could have run with their tail between there legs but instead kept working on their aircraft. While their bus was no doubt released in a state that was not ready for prime time, I do appreciate their continued efforts and respect them for driving on.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3