Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

How to set AA in FS9 and FSX for Nvidia's 2xx.xx drivers (now with working Transparency AA!)

Hi Ryan,What is the best way to update to Nvidia Inspector 1.93 from the earlier version. Also have you some screenshots of the new program with settings?ThanksAndrew Dixon
Sorry Ryan should have read the post properly, so disregard.Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Thanks for the update Tabs, one thing I noticed that was missing in your edit to the original post: you forgot to mention that with the override mode now inforce, the user should go into FSX and uncheck the ingame AA checkbox.

I was just having what appeared to be a bunch of driver issues so I decided to download the new ones (I had 197.somethin installed still) and try these settings.FSX looks like a whole new sim! The AA is way nicer looking and most of my shimmering and glitching are gone. Huge thanks!!! :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Thanks for the update Tabs, one thing I noticed that was missing in your edit to the original post: you forgot to mention that with the override mode now inforce, the user should go into FSX and uncheck the ingame AA checkbox.
It actually doesn't matter as far as I can tell - override is just that, it overrides whatever's there, checkbox or not.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

First thanks Ryan for instructions , works nice on 260.99. :( But I use FPS limiter and I heard I should set my FPS on FPS limiter about 1/3 of my monitor refresh rate. My max refresh rate of my 22” monitor is 60Hz. So I should set it to about 20FPS on limiter? Is that correct?Thanks

FOR anyoneI have the spanish version of Micosoft FSX and I don`t kmow where is the AA box to check/uncheck.Thanks in advance,Francisco Mateos

Hi RyanI have just updated the drivers of my GTX460 to 260.99 and tried to follow your 'updated' first post on using Inspector 1.93. I don't know what the problem is but in some of the Inspector settings like 'Antialiasing Setting' I can't find anything like 8xS (Combined: 1x2 SS + 4x MS)there is nothing there that even resembles it - no 'Combined' options at all in the list ?Also I have noticed in the title bar at the top of the settings page mine says Driver Profile Settings (Elevated), yours doesn't say Elevated.Any idea why I'm not getting the correct options to choose.EDIT : Ignor the above, I have just read on NickN's guide the nvidiainspector.exe must not be seperated from the xml file. I didn't realise that when I dragged the .exe onto the desktop. When clicked from within the folder it works fine :( Glen

Glen

FOR anyoneI have the spanish version of Micosoft FSX and I don`t kmow where is the AA box to check/uncheck.Thanks in advance,Francisco Mateos
Hi Guys,Some answer?

EDIT : Ignor the above, I have just read on NickN's guide the nvidiainspector.exe must not be seperated from the xml file. I didn't realise that when I dragged the .exe onto the desktop. When clicked from within the folder it works fine :( Glen
Posting your mistake has probably / hopefully saved a lot of people a headache like you originally had, thank you for posting this Glen

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I have a GT8800 card (an old graphics card for today standards...). Is it worthwile to install nvidia's 258.96 drivers and the posted tweaks with Nvidia Inspector? I currently use nHancer to get the settings (Nick's) in the card.Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

I have a GT8800 card (an old graphics card for today standards...). Is it worthwile to install nvidia's 258.96 drivers and the posted tweaks with Nvidia Inspector? I currently use nHancer to get the settings (Nick's) in the card.Thanks
I don't have your particular card, but one that's not too far off. I have a 9800GTX and can tell you the drivers, tweaks and Inspector helped immensely. Hope that helps you a bit.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

for Ryan mate do you still have to go into the main nvidia control paneland do the setting before going into inspector or is it like nhancer now I have inspector 1.94.1cheers mark

hey everyone. i tried out the settings and they work great, fs9 never looked so good. However i was wondering if anyone can help me out, because with these settings, i get stutters when panning around outside but my frames (locked at 25) are at constantly at 25, so its not a framerate issue as far as i can see. Ive got an Nvidia 9600GSO 768mb with the latest drivers.