Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

Not sure any of this could be done, but it would be cool. Through the FMC ACARS System, connect to Vatsim, send/recv messages, flt plns etc. Eh, pipe dream, I know. But it would be cool. Also be able to control the doors through the FMC as in the MD-11.

...and when the dream becomes reality please also include IVAO...:(

Richard Åsberg

I don't believe any vatsim functionality can be included because it is a paid product. The vatsim rules state that everything associated with the network must be freeware. I'm not sure about IVAO though.

Noah Bryant

Guest wims

They are talking about ACARS, so you could receive clearance, fp ammendments etc via the ACARS system instead of receiving via voice like its done now

PMDG will release a SDK with the 737. It should be possible to implement ACARS after release. I don't fly online, but I always thought that PMDG aircraft supported transponder functionality for VATSIM/IVAO (e.g. Sqawk Ident).

PMDG will release a SDK with the 737. It should be possible to implement ACARS after release. I don't fly online, but I always thought that PMDG aircraft supported transponder functionality for VATSIM/IVAO (e.g. Sqawk Ident).
Pretty much all payware support Ident etc but not fully integrated ACARS or FANS for Oceanic. The next best thing at the moment for Vatsim is below, I have the MCDU running on a seperate machine like the third FMC on the 744, linked up to the performance data from TOPCAT, a lot of the Big VA's use it for dispatch.http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/prg/air/http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51232

Rob Prest

A number of 3rd party aircraft have an ACARS option on the FMC/MCDU but it is inop. Would be good if this ACARS by hoppie could be launched by clicking the LSK for 'ACARS'.I guess if the MCDU ACARS option is more than just a text display then clicking the LSK could trigger a flag or something that FSUIPC could pick up and then cause the ACARS to launch.Here's hoping.

Guest Darth

I just saw a few youtube videos of the Ifly 737, and I have to say I'm impressed. As a long time PMDG fan, I certainly hope the new NG will match the (visual, at least) quality that I saw on the Ifly 737... Come on, PMDG! Show us some full screen shots of the cockpit :)!

PMDG is still working hard behind the scenes, But like most we've been waiting for over 2 years for the NGX to take "flight".:(

Please don't make me wait long for the next update, I need cheering up as my team is loosing the AFL Grand Final at the moment. :(

Please don't make me wait long for the next update, I need cheering up as my team is loosing the AFL Grand Final at the moment. :(
No need to ask you who you go for, it was the third draw in the history of the game. You have to go through it all again next weekend. Ryan please please get RSR to do the update this weekend, it's killing me to wait like thisMike Kendall

Yes, Now two things are killing me, the wait for the NGX and the wait for the grand final result, :( feel a bit depressed tonight.For those who don't know who I go for, it's St Kilda. Don't want to be associated with collingwood!The only bright spark In my life at the moment us that on Tuesday I will be flying in a real life NG :)

That's why i asked for an ACARS API... that would make it possible for external people to develop something which can be used with VATSIM/IVAO and PMDG wouldn't have the need to do it... it just needs to be robust enough to ignore any wrong input so peopla don'ìt start asking for help from PMDG when in fact it's some external component going nuts :-) And by the way, it's not forbidden to produce payware which opens some interfaces to VATSIM... (and i suppose IVAO too) :( Just think about Active Sky which uses VATSIM meto data, or Vroute which has a payware option using VATSIM data streams.... In this case it would be a chance to create some external component which could send info to the plane via ACARS, it would be interesting for VAs mainly.. and if it get's used it could be used for something more like ATC lcearances on VATSIM/IVAO.