Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SidekickUBT

MS Flight - Cloud based sim, no disks?

MS Flight will be on the cloud. So...increase your bandwidth at home, fiber baby!All content will be updated virtually.Tim
Hopefully people won't be pulled into this .. its so  obvious this post is written to try to stir things up.  Especially since this is your second post of the exact same comment. 

MS Flight will be on the cloud. So...increase your bandwidth at home, fiber baby!All content will be updated virtually.Tim
Proof of this please?:(

Don't ask silly questions!!

Quite right too.Simulator!Clouds!Ho Ho and mucho HO!aNDY

MS Flight will be on the cloud. So...increase your bandwidth at home, fiber baby!
Off course there will be clouds (and thunderstorms, rain etc.) B).
All content will be updated virtually.
Yeah, that's right. There will be no real updates. All updates are virtual and Microsoft will send hidden frames through your monitor to make you think :( that they are real.In fact, I have inside information :( that MS Flight will send brainwave patterns to our minds so we all will think it is the greatest and latest. It will even stimulate erogenous zones :( when you make a perfect landing.

It will even stimulate erogenous zones Big%20Grin.gif when you make a perfect landing.
They should have called it a Flight Stimulater!:( First post.....yay

Don't ask silly questions!!
That was a silly response. You'd have to be an idiot to believe this information without some sort of proof....:(

Guest jracer

I don't know why people think this couldn't happen. iRacing is doing the same thing and it works really well. I could see buying a yearly subscription which now will give you real time updates and you can pay for addons as you go.

I don't know why people think this couldn't happen. iRacing is doing the same thing and it works really well. I could see buying a yearly subscription which now will give you real time updates and you can pay for addons as you go.
The confusion is because we’re all referring to different things as if they were one thing :)‘Cloud computing’, ‘browser games’, ‘server-side games’, ‘downloadable content’, ‘episodic content’, ’add-ons’, ‘subscriptions’, etcSome of those things apply to iRacing , but not all of them :)So you’re right, but also kind of wrong :)

Guest jracer
The confusion is because we’re all referring to different things as if they were one thing :)‘Cloud computing’, ‘browser games’, ‘server-side games’, ‘downloadable content’, ‘episodic content’, ’add-ons’, ‘subscriptions’, etcSome of those things apply to iRacing , but not all of them :)So you’re right, but also kind of wrong :)
If it's 50/50 then it's a good day for me because I'm usually wrong....lol

Q: What is "Microsoft Flight?" A: "Microsoft Flight" is a new PC game from Microsoft Game Studios. The new title will be available on the Games for Windows – LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight. The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs while connecting you to a global base of users, content and endless exploration. Microsoft Flight builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simulation and is redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.
That was a silly response. You'd have to be an idiot to believe this information without some sort of proof....:(
Q: What is "Microsoft Flight?" A: "Microsoft Flight" is a new PC game from Microsoft Game Studios. The new title will be available on the Games for Windows – LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight. The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs while connecting you to a global base of users, content and endless exploration. Microsoft Flight builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simulation and is redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.

Q:  What is "Microsoft Flight?"  A:  "Microsoft Flight" is a new PC game from Microsoft Game Studios. The new title will be available on the Games for Windows – LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight. The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs while connecting you to a global base of users, content and endless exploration. Microsoft Flight builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simulation and is redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.Q:  What is "Microsoft Flight?"  A:  "Microsoft Flight" is a new PC game from Microsoft Game Studios. The new title will be available on the Games for Windows – LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight. The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs while connecting you to a global base of users, content and endless exploration. Microsoft Flight builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simulation and is redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.
this dude is into double posting .. even his original post is a double post ..  :(

Q: What is "Microsoft Flight?" A: "Microsoft Flight" is a new PC game from Microsoft Game Studios. The new title will be available on the Games for Windows – LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight. The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs while connecting you to a global base of users, content and endless exploration. Microsoft Flight builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simulation and is redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.Q: What is "Microsoft Flight?" A: "Microsoft Flight" is a new PC game from Microsoft Game Studios. The new title will be available on the Games for Windows – LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight. The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs while connecting you to a global base of users, content and endless exploration. Microsoft Flight builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simulation and is redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.
That's just sad...

If it's 50/50 then it's a good day for me because I'm usually wrong....lol
LOL.gif Ha, me too.. :)So, I’m hoping some tech savvy person will explain what they mean by ‘cloud computing’ with respect to Flight.The idea as I understand is to offload all the hard work from your client PC to a network of server machines.While that works for word-processing, I don’t know of any commercial 3D games that do this yet.The connection to stream good graphics in real-time to a PC just doesn’t exist for the majority of people.So it’s all kind of academic for now.I used to play a 2D browser game called Tribal Wars...it’s a server side game (as far as I know).So this technology is starting to coming along.I really think if MS had said Flight was going to be on Steam there wouldn’t be the same suspicion.MS wants a future in PC gaming - thus GFW-Live.

Guest veeray

Unless you are into IT you don't need to know what cloud computing is...

Unless you post on a flight sim website which has nothing to do with IT.

Lol, AVSIM is a forum about things ‘you don't need to know’ :)We still discuss them...hopefully to learn a thing or two.

Lol, AVSIM is a forum about things ‘you don't need to know’ :)We still discuss them...hopefully to learn a thing or two.
Absolutely!I agree If this cloud stuff may possibly have a baring on FS use,then we have every right to enquire as to what it is.I would like to know about it anyway, just because I am an awkward devil.So there nah ne nah!PS Has it anything to do with the cloud appreciation society?Can't beat a nice Cumulus. Andy

Guest veeray

I'm sure others are doing their own thing but this is what Microsoft's plans are :http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/Flight will be using this instead: You can get your gamertag right now, or you can wait until Microsoft forces you to when you buy Flight. Either way they can sell you addons or they can sell you some other game like Steam does. Either way it's a distributed networkhttp://www.microsoft.com/games/en-us/live/pages/livejoin.aspxHope that clears things up but there is a line between a distributed network and cloud computing, but then again there are a lot of similarities and in both situations they're definitely running the Windows OS.

I'm sure others are doing their own thing but this is what Microsoft's plans are :http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/Flight will be using this instead:
No, it will not... Azure is intended to be used by organizations who's applications need to maintain a centralized data repository without having to maintain their own hardware server farm.

Guest veeray

Bill : ok there.. if that's what you think I said....

Bill : ok there.. if that's what you think I said....
Azure != LIVEThat's all I'm saying. They are completely separate paradigms.

Guest simmer9304
Q: What is "Microsoft Flight?" A: "Microsoft Flight" is a new PC game from Microsoft Game Studios. The new title will be available on the Games for Windows – LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight. The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs while connecting you to a global base of users, content and endless exploration. Microsoft Flight builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simulation and is redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.Q: What is "Microsoft Flight?" A: "Microsoft Flight" is a new PC game from Microsoft Game Studios. The new title will be available on the Games for Windows – LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight. The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs while connecting you to a global base of users, content and endless exploration. Microsoft Flight builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simulation and is redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.
I think this was supposed to read something like this:Q: What is "Microsoft Flight?"A: Microsoft's solution to removing those pesky people who enjoy flying airplanes on their computers. It is actually not an upcoming game, but instead a series of releases of information that will be wildly interpreted it. From statements like "builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simlatuon" people will quickly conclude it is going to be a browser based 2D subscription shooter for Xbox. They will then become terrified and post on their forums about the terror that awaits them in the coming years. As these rumours spread, major flight simulation websites will struggle under the increasing traffic of people posting their thoughts on the terror. Soon, all these websites will slow to a crawl and finally collapse the day before Microsoft claims "Flight" will be release, thus ending flight simulation.Or at least that's the press release I remember reading... :(