Sign in to follow this  
northridge

What is "RC5"?

AI-Traffic Callsign? Sorry I don't know what you mean?Subs
Will RC use recording wavs to communicate with AI Traffic aircrafts?

Will RC5 work with FS9?-Steve Canham
The team has members testing with both FS9 and FSX. I for one only use FSX, but others are just the opposite.Bob

Will RC use recording wavs to communicate with AI Traffic aircrafts?
RCv5 has a similiar setup/method to v4.3 in the way it looks for and finds callsign wavs to play. In v5 you can always record your own wav, add it in the datafiles, and hear it in RC - just like you did now with v4.3.Subs

But I've added Alitalia Express' callsign ALIEXPRESS for RCv5 so you'll be able to hear it.
Sorry gents, but for real world ATC, there are no "Alitalia Express" flights; all flights are "Alitalia", even if performed by Alitalia Express airplanes, so the only callsign used is "Alitalia". Thus it would not be realistic to use the callsign ALIEXPRESS in RC.

James Goggi

RC5 continues to use FSUIPC as its interface to FS9 and FSX for aircraft state (speed, position, control), reading FS weather, ai status and control, etc. As long as a version of FSUIPC supports FS9 RC5 will be in business for it per jd's last comments on this.For the most part a version of FSUIPC appropriate to the FS version offers a common interface for add-on applications that use it allowing one add-on version application code to work with both platforms.

Sorry gents, but for real world ATC, there are no "Alitalia Express" flights; all flights are "Alitalia", even if performed by Alitalia Express airplanes, so the only callsign used is "Alitalia". Thus it would not be realistic to use the callsign ALIEXPRESS in RC.
Fine by me, there's one less wav to record :)Subs

I think that for a great V5 RC must have those features included:1) handling SIDs/STARs according with weather and traffic conditions and runways in use, only ATC must manage them! You can let the user can also manage the SID/STAR but it's not real.2) upgradable Navigraph AIRAC database (useful for new SID/STAR, MISSED APPROACH or HOLD AT specific FIX, so new FIXES introduced or modified). I know you, Beta Team, said RC V5 will not have them, but in my opinion this is an error. Every one who is interested in AIRAC cycle and mainting it up-to-date will buy the new cycle, but if you want you can buy only one or more cycle and is not mandatory keeping the database up to date. Users that have payware add-on don't have problem with this database. Other matter is the huge data provided and difficulty in writing and handling the code. But if you will not provide an upgradable database we will always have an hold database and new sid/star or modified sid/star will not take into account.3) noise frequency during comunications, something similar in Proflight Emulator4) handlig VFR flights5) improvements in voices, if it's possible. I know this is a big problem, but from 2003, when fs2004 came out, up today is it not possible to reproduce a sound like default FS ATC? Have you never thought at text-to-speech format (I don't love it but it could be a way.....), this would reduce the amount of space needed in voice recorded and the time to record every single phrases or word/number. And for different language there are different nuances, see here. Using text-to-speech is useful for ATC to pronunciate the SID/STAR name or FIX name, or for giving specific instructions without recording and assmbling every single phrase and mumber, this is the principle of VoxATC.6) taxi pattern instructions like in default Microsoft ATC (progressive taxi light is not real, but is a feature that can help the newbie, but IMHO is not important)7) correct handlig of ground AI traffic and proximity AI airport traffic8) let it be ATC decide if I must follow a STAR or is better to vector me to the specific runway, according to traffic and weather conditionsI hope you take care of those features, even if I know it hard to reproduce an environment similar to reality.Riccardo

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I was thinking, since FSX gives you taxi instructions, I don't know how it does it, but since you guys are saying you are working on it, I'm confident you do, but in relation to controlling the AI in such a way so as not have any conflicts, could the solution be as simple as...You know the path that each aircraft has been assigned and I think there's a program that you can use to change the taxi speeds of aircraft (both taxi speeds and their speeds for cornering depending on the type of angle in the corner or at least there was for FS2002), so really, you should be able to quite easily calculate if on a basis between two nodes, whether two aircraft will appear between any two given nodes at the same time in which case, you should halt one of them until the other one passes. I think at least for aircraft crossing each others paths, this to me appears to be a simple problem (Default FSX ATC tried to do this but it gets all confused if you have two aircraft heading towards each other which means that people designing airports are placing too many nodes or maybe there needs to be more of different types of nodes... not sure if thats possible with FSX though. Having one taxiway leading from the runway though... well I suppose that one taxiway, probably has no intermediary nodes in which case, you would halt another aircraft before the start of that longer stretch until the one that gets on there first passes. Anyway, hopefully I was clear enough with my explanation and hopefully it wasn't something that you guys have looked at in the way of possible solutions, but chances are, you have but just throwing it out there.

Just wondered if there is any very approximate time schedule for v5 release (i.e. in c. 2 months time, or 12 months; or impossible to give any information on this at all..)? I have not bought Radar Contact 4 as it is apparently incompatible with one of my favourite FS9 programmes (FSHotSFX - AI jet sounds) but since this latter will not install it seems onto my new Windows 7 64-bit PC, I have no reason to hold off on Radar Contact any longer. I think I will wait for the new version to appear though (hence my question re. its release).Thanks,Martin

Just wondered if there is any very approximate time schedule for v5 release (i.e. in c. 2 months time, or 12 months; or impossible to give any information on this at all..)? I have not bought Radar Contact 4 as it is apparently incompatible with one of my favourite FS9 programmes (FSHotSFX - AI jet sounds) but since this latter will not install it seems onto my new Windows 7 64-bit PC, I have no reason to hold off on Radar Contact any longer. I think I will wait for the new version to appear though (hence my question re. its release).Thanks,Martin
Martin, folks seem to ask all programs when is their next release, with the same response "when its ready". In our case we have lots or work still to do. When we get close we will let you know, until then just stayed tuned.Bob

My suggestion for martin: Go ahead and buy RC4. It is already a superb add-0n and will get you "All Set" for RC5 when it comes out. Even better:... buy RC4 and It's Your Plane. The two work perfectly together and really cuts back on keyboard use.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

The v5 is couple of years late. V5 I presume will take couple of years more to develop. Meanwhile try the rcv4 or as I start to look at other options out there, if any.

Guest Temp

Yes, the RC5 is at least a couple of years late. I purchased my RC4.3 about three years ago and RC5 was being talked about then. At that time is was speculated to be about a year for release but due to the complexities, it just seems to drag on and on. I just downloaded the latest Makerwys and there is a file in there called f5.csv which according to release notes is for RC5 which states...This lists all COM frequencies and associated names, including the airport name, for Radar Contact 5 or later.I thought RC5 had been released.