Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Qualitywings 757

Looks like a typical 757 airport to me.If you can turn the lady on that small plate, you can even try to takeoff there. Just%20Kidding.gifHere's another
landing thereI'm just joking. I'm sure he mixed up the letters or something. Don't get me wrong, no offense intended.
That should have been in the 'other' list, sorry bout that, I was in a hurry

Jay

My true disappointment is with QW 757 is that when I installed several repaints, my main landing gear disappeared, the nose gear stands 90 degrees from aircraft heading, flaps are fixed at full extension and spoilers are fixed in the up position, and no gauges are available in the cockpit. Has anyone experienced this collection of problems? Otherwise, I would almost favor this 757 over CS 757 which did not come with retrofit instrument panel.Thank you!Keith

Keith Guillory

My true disappointment is with QW 757 is that when I installed several repaints, my main landing gear disappeared, the nose gear stands 90 degrees from aircraft heading, flaps are fixed at full extension and spoilers are fixed in the up position, and no gauges are available in the cockpit. Has anyone experienced this collection of problems? Otherwise, I would almost favor this 757 over CS 757 which did not come with retrofit instrument panel.Thank you!Keith
Keith, I had that issue with a different aircraft. Can't remember which - possibly one of the PMDG beauties.It must have been a bad installation because a reinstall sorted it.

Keith, I had that issue with a different aircraft. Can't remember which - possibly one of the PMDG beauties.It must have been a bad installation because a reinstall sorted it.
Thank you Phil.I did get corrected models on reinstallation, but as soon as I added some liveries everything went out of control. I had this issue initially with just one repaint for Northwest Airlines 757-300 but now all of the aircraft are messed up and non-flyable. I'll repost my issue with QW on their forums.Keith

Keith Guillory

read all the other comments in this thread :-)
I certainly have and that is why I asked the question.For £30, I would expect a 99% simulation as in the LVLD (Which cost the same) but a lite version is just not worth that amount of money. The most I would expect to pay for this would be £20 maximum.I have to admit though that the visuals of this progect are stunning but flying is not about that.PMDG and LVLD have raised the bar in FS so MAKING DO with lesser mortals are now not what Avsim readers are demanding any more. With the name of Quality Wings (with respect) I would have expected more.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I certainly have and that is why I asked the question.For £30, I would expect a 99% simulation as in the LVLD (Which cost the same) but a lite version is just not worth that amount of money. The most I would expect to pay for this would be £20 maximum.I have to admit though that the visuals of this progect are stunning but flying is not about that.PMDG and LVLD have raised the bar in FS so MAKING DO with lesser mortals are now not what Avsim readers are demanding any more.  With the name of Quality Wings (with respect) I would have expected more.
So you already knew the right answer for yourself.  However, when I read the threads,  I see lots of folks that like the QW757 and they think its worth the value.  Clearly these folks are avsim readers .. so not all think that only PMDG and LVLD delivers a value product.

I certainly have and that is why I asked the question.For £30, I would expect a 99% simulation as in the LVLD (Which cost the same) but a lite version is just not worth that amount of money. The most I would expect to pay for this would be £20 maximum.I have to admit though that the visuals of this progect are stunning but flying is not about that.PMDG and LVLD have raised the bar in FS so MAKING DO with lesser mortals are now not what Avsim readers are demanding any more. With the name of Quality Wings (with respect) I would have expected more.
Sheez. How I hate it when people post this kind of post. Let me make a few points about it:- For 30 pounds, there are hardly any aircraft that can give you what you demand. Please look at the prices of the aircraft you mention: for 30 pounds you can get the FS9 version of the LDS767, but you do not get the FSX version. Also, you only get the 767-300ER. No -200 or -400. For 35 pounds or so, you do get the FS9 and FSX version of the QW757 and many more models, which brings me to my second point:- The QW gives you civilian all models produced, with a great VC and even a retrofit cockpit. Plus, many of the vital systems are simulated, so you can not call this lite. This is a medium addon that truly gives you the "ultimate 757 collection" in a way hardly any addon does. Also the FMC does quite a lot, leaving out those functions many people anyway don't really tend to use. However, you can do more advanced stuff such as Hold, SID/STAR operation and the like. it is no lite FMC!- You seem to think that YOUR opinion is EVERYBODY's opinion, which is simply incorrect! If there's anything I hate, than it's that somebody takes me for granted, assuming I'd be probably think the same as he does. I'm sorry sir, but that's not the way it works.- Consequently, you seem to be very misinformed regarding what people want. The QW757 has been a very successful addon, because it is precisely what people want!. The guys that want LDS767 systems are a small but vocal minority.- You say "flying is not about the model". You are right in a way, but this YOUR opinion. Many people DO want a good model.Sir, you are a very specific client. What you want is not what the majority wants, although you seem to think the opposite. The majority of people want to simply fly. Ramp up that engine an take off, because they don't have much time to fiddle around with buttons or reading a 300-page manual. You, sir, are part of a small and vocal minority.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

- You say "flying is not about the model". You are right in a way, but this YOUR opinion. Many people DO want a good model.Sir, you are a very specific client. What you want is not what the majority wants, although you seem to think the opposite. The majority of people want to simply fly. Ramp up that engine an take off, because they don't have much time to fiddle around with buttons or reading a 300-page manual. You, sir, are part of a small and vocal minority.
I am assuming what your saying is that ALL of PMDG customers Quote;are part of a small and vocal minority? As an Avsim reviewer, you really should no better. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

I am assuming what your saying is that ALL of PMDG customers Quote;are part of a small and vocal minority? As an Avsim reviewer, you really should no better. :(
Why would you make such an outrageous and unwarranted assumption when Benjamin said exactly what he meant, which was, YOU, sir, are..." This is just as bizarre as assuming that flying is (or should not be) about visuals just because that is your personal taste, or that you get to define what "Quality" is for the entire add on market, or that you know what all Avsim readers are demanding. QW clearly segmented and defined what "Quality" meant in their marketing strategy, and they hit their target, which from prior threads obviously includes a significant % of Avsim users.They also raised the bar in some areas, sounds for example, which to many FS users are important, so I hope those "lesser mortals" will improve their quality of sounds in future releases accordingly, since "everyone knows that's the most important part of flying." :wink:Regards,Roy

Roy Holley

Guest 413X3

For less than half the cost of Ariane you get a better quality airplane. That's all that needs to be said. CLS is around the same price and has the same features.

I certainly have and that is why I asked the question.For £30, I would expect a 99% simulation as in the LVLD (Which cost the same) but a lite version is just not worth that amount of money. The most I would expect to pay for this would be £20 maximum.
LVLD is not the same price, to get both the FS9 and FSX versions of LVLD 763 would cost £60.80compared to the FS9 and FSX versions of the QW757 at £28.15.Compare the PMDG 747 FS9 & FSX versions £68.77 , PMDG MD11 (combo) £75.04 So why is it you expect 99% simulation for less than 50% of the price ?Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Ernie, At no time have I asked for a simulation of the B757 for both sims, I was of course, referring to a single simulation. That is what the Level D was, at that time for FS9 only. You devs keep telling us that FSX is the way forward. PMDG aren't interested in FS9 any more.All most people want is a top level sim of the '757' for FSX. What I have seen by reading the PDF manual is anything but top level. The bar is raised now by PMDG and LVLD (and others, Feelthere for example) and those are the devs that are producing as real, to the actual aircraft as one can get.Even PSS did a fantastic simulation of that aircraft which is still not beaten by anyone, and how long ago was that? Why take time to develop a 757 which, as you know, is not depiction of reality?You mention the superb sound set and I am not saying it isn't, well done, but TSS are filling the gap mostly with sound sets for those who want them. Another poster accused me of assuming everyone is the same as me? I was merely giving my opinion of the majority of people I know (I have been here a long time) want. PMDG and their forum are full of these characters and the ones that are getting there.Chris Palmer of AoA is doing a superb job in actually helping those to understand the finer points and his instructions are really worth while, you only need to check out his 'Aviator 90' stuff?To conclude, perhaps I am wrong and I assume that all of Avsim is like minded as I am. For that I am sorry.For me though, the only way to enjoy flight sim is to learn how to do it properly on a sim that caters for this. Unfortunately, 'QW' doesn't do that for me. Ernie, you have been around for years mate, and I wish you every success? Maybe one day you and your company will be up with the big boys, I sincerely hope so?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Ernie, At no time have I asked for a simulation of the B757 for both sims, I was of course, referring to a single simulation. That is what the Level D was, at that time for FS9 only. You devs keep telling us that FSX is the way forward. PMDG aren't interested in FS9 any more.All most people want is a top level sim of the '757' for FSX. What I have seen by reading the PDF manual is anything but top level. The bar is raised now by PMDG and LVLD (and others, Feelthere for example) and those are the devs that are producing as real, to the actual aircraft as one can get.Even PSS did a fantastic simulation of that aircraft which is still not beaten by anyone, and how long ago was that? Why take time to develop a 757 which, as you know, is not depiction of reality?You mention the superb sound set and I am not saying it isn't, well done, but TSS are filling the gap mostly with sound sets for those who want them. Another poster accused me of assuming everyone is the same as me? I was merely giving my opinion of the majority of people I know (I have been here a long time) want. PMDG and their forum are full of these characters and the ones that are getting there.Chris Palmer of AoA is doing a superb job in actually helping those to understand the finer points and his instructions are really worth while, you only need to check out his 'Aviator 90' stuff?To conclude, perhaps I am wrong and I assume that all of Avsim is like minded as I am. For that I am sorry.For me though, the only way to enjoy flight sim is to learn how to do it properly on a sim that caters for this. Unfortunately, 'QW' doesn't do that for me.  Ernie, you have been around for years mate, and I wish you every success?    Maybe one day you and your company will be up with the big boys, I sincerely hope so?
Just when I thought people on Avsim were civil.    Up with the BIG BOYS is a condescending statement.   Remember that by you your own admission .. perhaps not everyone is looking for what YOU are looking for.  I personally like the PMDG and CW aircraft ... So it is perhaps, by design that QW goes after the segment of the market that likes the QW level of simulation... nothing to do with not being a BIG BOY.

Dave,A sincere apology for misunderstanding your "assumption." I have been helped by many of your posts and extensive knowledge and share your hopes that QW advances the realism of what I believe is already a solid product for their target market. I am one of those people who no longer has time for the hard core flying, but certainly hope to return to it in the future. In the meantime companies like QW provide a great opportunity to keep flying and appreciate some of the "lighter" aspects I had not appreciated in the past. I do hope as you that they keep advancing the hobby.Regards,Roy

Roy Holley