Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

Guest acezboy561

Joe-No Problem. This isn't the only forum I have with people that will not be quiet about release dates, etc. Its begining to annoy me, alot. Besides, I for one, cannot wait for the NGX - to me, it will be special, but then again (and with all respect) it will just be pixels on the screen. The only airliner with a PROPER FMC is the Captain Sim 767 - so the 737 will be my first "accurate" simulation. So im pretty excited.

Guys - I agree with the people who said the thread was getting out of hand with the innuendo and stuff, that was a bit much and I've deleted those posts. We're trying to put this airplane into beta testing, forgive us for the lack of updates too will you? You're going to get all the updates you can handle when we let the testers talk and take screens.
I knew something was up; there has been a noticeable absence of forum mods lately. Thanks for getting this topic back on track.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

We're trying to put this airplane into beta testing, forgive us for the lack of updates too will you? You're going to get all the updates you can handle when we let the testers talk and take screens.
Hey, Ethan was right!
Here is my therory on why we are not seeing an update. My guess is that they want to announce beta with the next update and that theyre holding off until that happens.

Matheus Mafra

Wow the testers will be allowed to talk and take screens? Cool!

Noah Bryant

Yeah, that's a first isn't it? That will be great! Speaking of show and tell, I remember that sometimes pilots would let me enter the cockpit of the NG preflight and I could watch them as the performed checklists, programed the fmc, etc. They seemed willing to talk because they could see that I knew what was going on and wasn't just another normal passenger. This was post 9/11 even, but now, and I fly ALL the time, I am always ushered on by the F/A and don't have a chance to even THINK about getting a quick peek at the FD. I fly 90% on SWA and the rest on primarily AA, DAL, COA, UAL, and rarely USAW. I have tried, but to no avail. I've tried on foreign airlines too. KLM (NG) was the same, as was BA (737-500). I understand I'm not going to get to see the FD when I'm boarding my triple 7, after all I would have to walk all the way through the first class, but was there some regulation that is fairly recent regarding preflight visitors? The FD door is open but if I step aside and kind of linger like I want to see, the F/A says that I'm not allowed to stand there.

Yeah, that's a first isn't it? That will be great!
Um, we've always allowed this after a certain point in the testing process.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ahh hehe, the key phrase there "after a certain point"

Noah Bryant

How do the beta testers get selected, I have always wondered about this. Anyone have any idea?

How do the beta testers get selected, I have always wondered about this. Anyone have any idea?
This is a quote from Ryan in an earlier thread about this:
Our beta team members who are not real life pilots or maintenance engineers on the aircraft in question don't really get a spot through any set "process" per se, sorry. Occasionally someone who's very helpful or knowledgeable on the forum will catch our eye and we may invite them, but for the most part our team now is made up of people who intimately know the real life aircraft.

Hey Ethan, why don't you try to get an authorization from the airline to fly jumpseat? Just don't ask me how to get it. My father has a friend who works for an airline here in Brazil as a FA and I'll (someday) ask him how to get this authorization, because I also like to visit the FD, but never had the opportunity to stay there the entire flight.PS.: If someone has already got such permission, please post how did you get it.

Matheus Mafra

Hey Ethan, why don't you try to get an authorization from the airline to fly jumpseat? Just don't ask me how to get it. My father has a friend who works for an airline here in Brazil as a FA and I'll (someday) ask him how to get this authorization, because I also like to visit the FD, but never had the opportunity to stay there the entire flight.PS.: If someone has already got such permission, please post how did you get it.
That's actually a good question. I can't imagine that all the YouTube jumpseat videos are taken by deadheading pilots. You'd think that some of them would be by non pilots who got permission to ride there. I have a good mate who's a SWA captain, but ever since I moved from Dallas I don't see him much. He's based out of DAL and flies to all of SWAs destinations. Not in one trip of course. Lol

Yup, pre 911 I used ask to jumpseat for landings and the pilots used to let me. Times have changed. :(

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest SK8RBOI7478i
Yeah, that's a first isn't it? That will be great! Speaking of show and tell, I remember that sometimes pilots would let me enter the cockpit of the NG preflight and I could watch them as the performed checklists, programed the fmc, etc. They seemed willing to talk because they could see that I knew what was going on and wasn't just another normal passenger. This was post 9/11 even, but now, and I fly ALL the time, I am always ushered on by the F/A and don't have a chance to even THINK about getting a quick peek at the FD. I fly 90% on SWA and the rest on primarily AA, DAL, COA, UAL, and rarely USAW. I have tried, but to no avail. I've tried on foreign airlines too. KLM (NG) was the same, as was BA (737-500). I understand I'm not going to get to see the FD when I'm boarding my triple 7, after all I would have to walk all the way through the first class, but was there some regulation that is fairly recent regarding preflight visitors? The FD door is open but if I step aside and kind of linger like I want to see, the F/A says that I'm not allowed to stand there.
I've had a different experience. I don't fly SWA much (maybe once or twice a year) but fly Delta a lot and some United, all mainly long-hauls. I'm guessing that the SWA flight crews are so busy trying to turn the jet around in under 20 minutes that they simply have no time for visitors. That's my suspicion, anyway.Delta and United have both been very gracious in allowing me to visit the flight deck pre-flight - I've sat in the jump seat behind the co-pilot's seat on Delta 777's many-a-time for 5 minute stretches, and left the F/D of my own accord (as I didn't want to wear out my welcome and bug the guys up from too much!). A Delta captain has let me sit and get my picture taken in the left seat of a 767-400 at Venice, Italy (all the while cautioning me to 'duck' while taking the seat as "the overhead panel can take a nasty chunk out of your head"!).A United captain and I in Taiwan got to chatting so much pre-flight that we were both searching for the builders plate on the bulkhead of the cockpit to determine the age and build number of A/C - his first officer upon learning of my love of Flight Simulator uttered one of the best lines ever to me while visiting a F/D: "Well, what you need to do then to 'get the complete experience' is to sim sitting in a closet, with a sunlamp in your face, for 10 hours straight w/ someone occasionally passing a cup of burnt coffee through a slit in the door!" I loved it!I'd keep trying when you fly other than SWA - the handful of times I've flown them, a quick glance in the cockpit showed 2 very busy pilots!Cheers!

If you know a member of the CC or the FC is really what you need to get into us, I've had quite a few of the CC's kids up with us on the FD andsome of the boy-friends. It always brightens our day to have an enthusiastic guest up on the FD, especially on a long haul flight,8 hours with only your F/O can really drag out, especially if their not talkative. If their is a delay on the ground somtimes we let up people then unless it's a technical problem with the A/C, in that case we can be a bit busy and flustered...Just make sure you know when to be quiet or we'll give you the kick in jig time... Shame%20On%20You.gif

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg