Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

What would you think is most realistic, flying the 737NG with a Saitek Yoke, or using a pro 500$ joystick? Many are gonna say Yoke, I know, but if a Yoke isn´t precise enough, if it´s not smooth on it´s entire moviment, then I´d rather not have it, cause it´s not realistic at all. With the Joystick I´m gonna be able to do the slightest corrections with precision, have the control all the time.So, what do you think??

Alexis Mefano

Anyone ever played Stunt??? it was my first game on my first computer, a 386!!!!! hehehhe how far we come!!!

I remember tuning the cassette player on my Commodore 64 and later 128 to play Spy vs. Spy :(

First games? I hate to say Asteroid and Pong. I remember guys lined up at the arcade downtown to play PacMan.

first games? Wolfenstein and Aces over Europe (loved that game).
Aces over Europe and Aces over the Pacific were great...good old Dynamix...I will never forget my dad picking me up from school one day and dropping the massive spiral bound AotP manual in my lap as a surprise...And dont forget about US Navy Fighters and Chuck Yeager's Air Combat...where else could you fly a P51, F86, and Mig 21 in the same game (other than MSFS of course)?Only took something like 8 floppy disks to install and you were ready to go!

Not so much flying but its classic: Transport Tycoon DeluxeWhich you nowadays can play without problem on Windows XP/Vista/7 and for free by downloading OpenTTD from www.openttd.org :D

Something i saw early on in this thread...

The HGS has 4 top-level modes:PRI - the primary general purpose mode you see in our collimation video and in that youtube video that was linked on page 2.IMC - this is a mode that's designed for use with AP coupled approaches, it shows the glidepath angle, flight director cue circle and some other things that aren't on the primary mode. Hides a lot of the PRI stuff that would clutter up the view during an approach.VMC - this is the visual approach mode - similar to IMC but doesn't have any FD or raw data navaid cues.AIII - the mode that's in the screenshots, designed for handflown CAT II or CAT IIIa approaches. This is the only mode that shows you the runway outline and the flare cues etc.The PRI mode has a few submodes that are for ground operations (takeoff roll and landing rollout) - we're getting those operational now. (astute observers might have noticed that the mode in the video is actually the flight mode, not the ground one)
This is amazing... All these modes are incorporated in the ngx? Applause.gifAlso how do you chose between these modes. I.E is it automatic or does the pilots choose the mode?Thanks And Merry Christmas!!!Big%20Grin.gif

Not so much flying but its classic: Transport Tycoon DeluxeWhich you nowadays can play without problem on Windows XP/Vista/7 and for free by downloading OpenTTD from www.openttd.org :D
I've got Locomotion on my computer.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Great game that one! Timeless classic! It looks simple, but when you start realising all the things you can do with rail lines it's outright amazing.

I remember tuning the cassette player on my Commodore 64 and later 128 to play Spy vs. Spy :(
ahh them were the days.... :(

Craig Sells

ahh them were the days.... :(
Quite agree!Midnight resistance and shadow warriors for the C64 too! Most sophisticated Flight Sim I had for C64 was F-16 Combat pilot.

All these modes are incorporated in the ngx? Applause.gifAlso how do you chose between these modes. I.E is it automatic or does the pilots choose the mode?
There's a panel dedicated to HUGS controls, allowing mode switching and entry of crucial data. Of course we may expect the modes to be implemented.sig.gif

Where exactly is this panel?
It's on the center pedestal, the exact location will depend on airline, but I would think usually closer to the captain. The FO will also have a indicator panel directly below his clock in order to show current HUD mode indications so he can know what the captain is seeing.Cam Jones