Sign in to follow this  
usaf2222

PMDG L-1011

Well, the J-41 is hardly ubiquitous, and PMDG made one of those, and CS held a poll to see what people wanted, the vote winner was the 737-200, which is fairly rare these days in real life. There are no Constellations at all in commercial service, but simulated versions are popular.That's the advantage of simulation, you can make what is popular rather than what is practical in the real world if you choose to do so. anyone who knows anything about airliners knows the L-1011 is a great aircraft, and I reckon people would want to buy a decent sim version. I bet Captain Sim know this too.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

L1011??? pls no...I'd rather you focus your time (PMDG dev time I mean) on an Airbus A330 or A340 or an A380 - all modern aircraft that are flying the skies today. No disrespect to the L1011 - I always remembered this bird from the movie The Langoliers (I thought it was an MD11) - but commercially, they need to sell lots of copies to make any $$ and thereby pay for the dev's mortgages. :) But hey...thats just me.

Yep, I would love a pmdg A340-600! There's no good A346 sims at all! It's a fantastic plane

L1011??? pls no...I'd rather you focus your time (PMDG dev time I mean) on an Airbus A330 or A340 or an A380 - all modern aircraft that are flying the skies today. No disrespect to the L1011 - I always remembered this bird from the movie The Langoliers (I thought it was an MD11) - but commercially, they need to sell lots of copies to make any $$ and thereby pay for the dev's mortgages. :) But hey...thats just me.
I understand what you're saying, but you're basically narrowing all simmers down to modern airline simmers, when to be honest they're not. There is a huge community of people who love the classic fleets just as Chock posted directly above your post. Now I understand that PMDG probably wouldnt make a tristar but it sure would be nice for PMDG to make one as it would be top

Gavin Price

Sorry.

There is more of a market for modern airliners, e.g the 747 and 737, which is why pmdg create modern sims. And there not going to BUY a L1011 to make a sim. That would officially bankrupt them. Sorry to say but a pmdg tristar is a definate no. Maybe CS will have a crack.
Not buy, they will however have easy access.

I agree. Not only that but getting beta testers that are actual ten-eleven pilots or even have experience is a dieing breed. I am not sure how Digital Aviation is doing but I think the CRJ would be a great plane. LOTS in use. Just about every airlines uses them somewhere in their system. I am sure RSR with his contacts has access to them. But for now I think PMDG has a quite a bit on their plate with the Dash8 and 777. Lets look forward to those. I am looking more forward to the Dash 8 more than the 777. I think the 737 will keep our interest for a long time. So long that the others will be released before we know it. Jack C
I'd love to see us do a CRJ Jack...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, if you guys choose to create a CRJ series package, I would surely buy it... And it would also help me as I want to fly them for AC Jazz in the future. biggrin.gifBTW, the CRJ has already been requested and I'm sure they know how much we'd love to see them make one. Regardless, they have 2 hidden projects in development as of now and will announce them "when the time is right."

Erik L.

Guest 413X3

So much heavy metal out there. why not do a full simulation PMDG style, no light version, of the 1900C and D. And model the cargo versions too.

The MD-11 is not quite as agreeable (I don't think it's bad, just different) - the smaller stabilizer makes it a bit touchier, particularly in pitch. The initial ground spoiler deployment on the -11 is virtually worthless (they only partially deploy until the nosegear is on the ground to prevent a tailstrike) - I don't recall the DC-10 being so light on the gear after touchdown. The aircraft feels like it's ready to hop back into the air at the slightest provocation.
Like this???

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Unfortunately, both pilots died that day.
I didn't mean that in a joking way or lighthearted manner and I apologize it came off as such. I know very well that the pilots didn't make it. I had always wondered if something had failed with the spoilers in that incident. I had never heard that the spoilers weren't as effective as they should be and wasn't sure if that could have prevented that crash or at least the end result. I know wind shear played a big role as well. It seems as if they could have kept the plane solid on the ground from the first contact the eventual rollover would never have occurred.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

I didn't mean that in a joking way or lighthearted manner - I know very well that the pilots didn't make it. I had always wondered if something had failed with the spoilers in that incident. I had never heard that the spoilers weren't as effective as they should be.
No no no, I didn't say that to make you look like an &@($*...........I understand that you were just showing that video as an example. I was just staying that for anyone who didn't know. You kno, kind of like a "lets remember them" kind of way, or a "hang your head in remembrance". I apologize if you think I was singling you out friend, that was not my intent.

Thanks for the clarification, Tim.

Corey Meeks

I dont know about some of you guys here. I was a L-1011 Pilot for delta since the L-101 entered Deltas fleet. I flew every single model that delta had and i flew the second L-1011 to enter the fleet and retired the second last. The L-1011 was a state of art. Way, Way ahead of its time. True the L-1011 was pretty much really gone, but it still fly's for haj Flights, Raf, Globe jet, and other charter carriers, even Las Vegas Sands. PMDG i know has a big name in simviation. I am positive that if they made the L-1011 that they WOULD NOT Lost profit. The L-1011 was everybody's favorite plane, has a unique shape, perfect systems, Over all a out standing plane. I think PMDG should make the L-1011. Its a classic like the MD-11, maybe not so much of a classic, but it is, The L-1011 should be successful, IF it is made perfect and really good quality. I as a captain would love the fly on my sons simulator the L-1011 again from PMDG. The A330 is a piece of junk, the 767 is good enough from level D. Come on PMDG. lets get the Tristar on the roll. Also at least make it FS9 Capable. Its more realistic than FSX.