Sign in to follow this  
ahaka

NAV display shows runways in true heading

Hi guys hope some one can find a fix since for some strange reason i got the same problem now with pmdg 747 and the md 11, rwys are offset when lined up also when landing on auto land it will land to the left of the rwy.Just noticed today for some strange reason so anyone, i got rxp radar but i had this for a while the only difference is that i have just upgraded my pc to w7 64 bit recently and i have just reinstalled everything, including the xp wx500 radar and i really havnt landed on auto land till now or i didnt take much notice of the rwy aligment when lined up and hadnt any troubles till now the only addon on put on was the concorde x but i removed it to see if it had solved but it didnt any ideas much appriciated till then have to land manually which doesnt worry me but i liked to have things working as they shud thx againmmm ok i just did the reg repair tool from flight 1 i had a quick look in fsx to see if it worked b4 i went to bed and good news is that the rwy is ligned up correctly but havnt tested the landing yet cause its late and have to get to bed will post on the outcome tomorrow when i try to land and to see if the problem comes back again tomorrow hopefully i got this sorted out thx dan for ur post about the flight 1 toolhi again just did a a test flight took off from yssy rw34l and returned to land on rwy ils 07 with full auto land with no problems at all everything worked as they should now the test. To see if when i reinstall the concorde x to see if the problem will recure again if it does than i now its the concorde x was the addon that started my troubles with the offset rwy and off set autoland landings on rwys will let know the results later

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ok just did a reinstall of the concordex and the rwey offset hasnt returned so by doing the reg rapair tool from flight 1 has fixed the earlier problem so hopefully it wont return again :(

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nothing works, I hope this will not be repeated in NGX

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Hey Jim. I read through all the posts a couple times and see you ran the reg tool but did you run it as admin? Also did you reboot before starting FSX?I never had this issue but from reading all of these posts just out of the blue like this makes me think of what happened recently that could effect so many people around the same time... FSUIPC update possibly, Windows update, everyone coincidentally bought some other addon that hosed something in their C++ or .Net libraries? Normally when strange things occur out of the blue I reinstall the later two since it doesn't hurt anything and at the very least eliminates a possible issue.I also noticed that both you and Antti are running your rigs > 4ghz. In fact most of the peops in this thread that had the issue are. Probably nothing but an observation none the less.I would have to ask what you've probably already run through your mind and that's what have you installed lately? What have you recently patched? Did you install the latest FSUIPC? Do you have Windows updates on? Did you run the repair as admin with nothing else running (especially virus crap) and reboot? Again if it were me it would be an automatic install/repair of C++ and .Net. I hate to think of someone reinstalling everything to fix a problem. What fun is that? ;)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks for the reply's, I don't know how I did it, but it is aligned now.But at VHHX, it looks like the runway is aligned with the offset localiser (088 degrees?)

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

After trying all methods, I think i have fixed the issue, I Renewed the magdec.bgl from a backup copy (I always back up my raw FSX files to an external HD)I had,inMy Drive\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\BASE\Scenery,I hope all will stay good.

I fixed the VHHX runway in the ND, Don't expect any support from PMDG.Edit,I went by the Fly Tampa BGL for the Rwy headings. I am going to increase the headings 3 degrees to match the PMDG MD11 cyan heading marker.

Well,the issue is back again, Could someone from PMDG please tell us what file positions the two runway lines on the ND,and how we can fix this issue for good? because this effects how the aircraft follows the NAV track. The a/c fly's to the left of the airway,and if the airway jogs to the right,the ac momentary fly's to the left,just before the way point.

As has been mentioned a few times here, the "not following track" observed in the MD11 and B744 sometimes is nearly always fixed by running the registry repair tool. For some reason I cannot explain, the path to the FS9/FSX.exe is corrupted in the registry. The Flight1 tool (free) allows you to reset that path. I had this issue once in the MD11 in FSX. I ran the tool on my XP system and all was fine after system reboot.I see you run FSX on Win7 UX64. You will need to run the tool as admin (right click on the .exe, select "Run as administrator...")You have to run this under Win7 as admin or the necessary repair will not occur.Hope this helpsAndrew

I have tried all past fixes,with no luck.

Jim,You're positive that 1. You're running the registry fix tool as administrator? (right clicking it) and that 2. Your windows user account is an adminstrator account? (those two things are different)The cause of the misaligned runways *IS* registry corruption - the plane's gauges read the FS location out of the registry in order to locate the FS magnetic variation file. There is nothing else that can cause the issue.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan, Yes I right click the executable and run as admin,As far as me being the admin,I installed the operating system,with a user name and password myself,so I should be the admin correct? Or is there a method to verify this?Edit, I also use this program,http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Well,I figured I would try one more thing,I placed the flight1 executable on my desktop,and ran it from there,and it worked.Please don't tell me that's what I should have done from the start,As there were no directions with the file.

Well,I figured I would try one more thing,I placed the flight1 executable on my desktop,and ran it from there,and it worked.Please don't tell me that's what I should have done from the start,As there were no directions with the file.
I run all .exe program initial installs and utilities from the desktop as an administrator, which I believe is a good practice in general.