Sign in to follow this  
BobP

EZdok Camera is frustrating... (at best)

My old Mammy used to say to me "Son, when you in a hole, stop diggin'" :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

And did you stop then? Can't see ya from above it seems. :wink:My current tenors are: be constructive, try to precisely state what annoys you on this soft and what exactly could be improved and maybe: let out that offending stuff. Also: state the gathered stuff over at the dev's place.Your tenor (including the marvelous post of yours) is: CoolP, please be as "funny" as we are, stated in big and small letters together with some spicy sarcasm.So, while you are digging, do you see the light down there?I really doubt that this thread will make it that long with the current attitude shown and those inciting posts holding it back from normal values.

I really enjoy on using Ezca the only trouble is the need of using it, in windowed mode and with ezca studio open.First for change views and second for stop or active effect.I know I can map on POV and create shorcut but it's not pratical.I wold like to have the studio open in full screen mode like it is Squawkbox window.In any case i can't live withoutit now.So thank's to Marniftarr for this incredible software

Guest nzch2010
<<I'm sorry, I did what? Hijacked the thread? Black%20Eye.gifWith my will to help and e. g. a suggestion to gather some more precise points on wishes towards this neat little program? Well, lets hope for some more hijackers around then. Nobody was censored too, so I really wonder which thread you are referring to.>>Now where did I put my Enigma machine ?***************************************************<<It doesn't help to read my posts, search for the most annoying sentence there and refer to it. The context gets lost then and if you take my last post for example (or the ones from the other helpful guys), you will find some constructive context while I'm just reading bash after bash now, regard my attitude on forums. Drop this stuff to my inbox, I will even read it, I promise. But you are currently filling this thread with pointless explanations of a strange community (yours?), your sight on humor, your sight on foreign guys but nothing on the actual "problem", a maybe not so intuitive UI from EZCA. I'm not the one who gets off topic here. I've expected some user with a need for help and got .. some users with a big, strange and very off topic view on their community (well, seems like another need for help though). Is it so hard for you guys to stay polite and describe issues with not offending words?>>What is wrong with choosing the most annoying sentence ? It was annoying and insulting. ***********************************************************************************************<<So apart from stating that you are "funny" too, what's your input on e. g. EZCA or any improvements there? Sorry for asking, seems to be on topic for me.>>Please show me where I stated I wasy funny too ? **********************************************************<<My suggestion (and nothing more) is repeated. If this thing can't be on topic, it's surely "off" and therefor I don't see the point in letting it go further and further into bashing waters.If there was or will be a problem with EZCA, feel free to open threads which describe your sight and point out some constructive suggestions. I was told that this it was adults normally do, in every country. Nobody will slow down your efforts on trying to be funny in the meantime. :(>> Repeat, I was not trying to be funny!!!! I am simply pointing out, that this is a general and technical forum, and of course FS related, but to go beyond the parameters of technical assistance is allowed and doesn't require a postmortem everytime someone posts beyond those parameters. I have noticed in recent times that some are very quick to jump down a members throat if they think they don't conform to there way of thinking, and seeing more and more of that latley. Don't be fooled by my join date on this forum, I have been involved in the FS comminty since FS was released on floppy disk, so I have seen and heard it all. I may be an old fart, but I'm not stupid. let me know if you want to borrow my enigma machine......it's old but it works :(*******************************************************************************************

Bob - Your post is just fine. It's great, and it's humorous! Sorry CoolP - I've been to the forum, and it just gets more confusing - and it's to the degree that it now sits in the Hangar - along with two Pitts bipes, UT2 and the FS Limiter (which crashes FSX when launched) and I have several vices around the workshop - that I would cheerfully use on that dratted EZCA thingy. One minute it's fine - we shake, rattle and roll down the peri track, rumble into the air and then gently wallow in the currents of the FSX atmosphere. But the next flight - I change to (for e.g.) the BirdDog... I'm now sitting a foot higher and in the back seat and the zoooom is bonkers! I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get this to work solidly, reliably and consistently - with all aeroplanes while using TIR. One minute it starts ok and works fine. The next flight - TIR isn't working: the next flight EZCA starts, TIR starts - but I neither shake, rattle or roll... the next flight - I'm facing the tail!! Naaah.. too much effort, for me mate. Too old or too stupid. I don't know which. I don't want any "views" - the ruddy "S" key was just fine, and the POV was fine. I just want a consistent experience. and While we're on the subject - I also don't want to go through v 1.0, 1.1, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 1.14, 1.14a.... and so on. Anybody else besides Bob feel like this? :( :( :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest nzch2010
I don't want any "views" - the ruddy "S" key was just fine, and the POV was fine. I just want a consistent experience. and While we're on the subject - I also don't want to go through v 1.0, 1.1, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 1.14, 1.14a.... and so on. Anybody else besides Bob feel like this? :( :( :(
I do Paul, that's why I uninstalled it. You pretty well summed it up for me. One of the most anoying aspects of the proggy was ending up outside the virtual cockpit without a parachute. Now that i am back using the default views I'm happy. It would take a major change to the ezydok interface to make me click the install file again. Plug and Go, no, plug and hope, yes.CheersJulian

I don't think anyone in New Zealand would need a shake, rattle and roll program just lately, Julian! LOL.gif

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest nzch2010
I don't think anyone in New Zealand would need a shake, rattle and roll program just lately, Julian! LOL.gif
Actually Paul, living right on the epicentre, the safest place to be is in a plane, unfortunately, a virtual one dosen't cut the mustard :(

This is both a funny and yet extremely informative thread. CoolP you obviously have no idea how hilarious your seriousness has become, like the straight man in a comedy duo. I guess you just don't get how much fun everyone is having with you being so...contrary, and out of sinc with the common mood.Anyhow, I am really glad I did not invite such chaos into my FSX soup by buying this version of EZdok. Combined with my compulsion for mastering complexities, it would have driven me around the bend by now. However, being strickly an observer without a dog in this hunt at all, I just want to say that you all have helped me lighten up, even if some others can't.No offence intended but kind regards, and Happy New Year.

Thanks for the wishes, Stephen. I don't see any offensive stuff in your words, why should I? I appreciate your work on various hardware related topics by the way.This thing here went off all limits for me as some guys started making jokes about not native English spoken people. I hope that this tendency doesn't represent a bigger group around as it shows a very bad attitude (and a weak mind in my eyes). I just don't get the humor out of this and, I must admit, I'm kinda proud that I don't get it. Funny sidenotes are self-made statements like "I'm not stupid" or the even more common one "I'm so long around in forums", as if these stressed phrases would prove anything but the opposite in some cases. Self-revelation at its best. Even if the phrases were true .. how would the arguments be affected then? Just asking.You are right, this "common mood" must have trapped me around here. I just can't find some things funny, especially on that level and as I really tried some approaches on getting on topic statements out of some complaining people, I seem to have failed. Mea culpa.So if my insisting on some adult like work, without bashing, dumb complains only and offensive statements was entertaining, well, so be it. I can't let go on this policy, so maybe another round is opened. Who knows? You will maybe have recognized my resistance to those tendencies on other topics or even other forums.As those other topics always went back to be in line, I hope this happens here too. Once again, the polite and constructive guys like you are more than welcome in my eyes.But frankly, if another "funny" thing about foreign speaking guys comes up, I definitely won't get a smiling face. That thing is for sure. Such attitudes really don't receive any tolerance, sorry, guys. Public forums are run here and your mind should be big enough to keep them running.There were and still are some comments from people in this thread, just stating their experience (on topic, can you image this?) and I really appreciate such input as I see it as a vital part of a discussion. But it seems like this humor(?) bashing or whatever thing is the overlay and therefor superimposed. Sadly, this forms the picture of the thread by a large margin.Anyway, should one be glad or just be amazed by the amount of people joining in and reporting that they don't get EZCA to work or struggle hours or days? I don't know. If the amount is that big, the devs should know about it, that's my viewpoint from post #1 on.I don't say that EZCA is good or that's bad, I just want everybody around to state his point of view in some polite and not offensive manner, even towards the devs. I just repeat that because Paul opened his post with "Sorry, CoolP" as if I was defending the program or something which isn't the fact.The rest of his post clearly states some personal experienced downsides so I'm pretty much ok with it and ask some others? Why not always like this? Open-ended question, huh?And for the guys wondering if I always post such epic things. Feel free to check my profile to get the answer.In the meantime, lets return to topic. My big sidenote is hopefully done by now. :(

Guys really its not that difficult once you watch a few videos 15 minutes max and you're rolling. I thought EZdok was garbage at first also, but now with 1.7 I love it! Not going to lie and say you're not going to have to tweak it to your personal tastes, but after that you're rolling um er flying :)

Guest nzch2010
This thing here went off all limits for me as some guys started making jokes about not native English spoken people.But frankly, if another "funny" thing about foreign speaking guys comes up, I definitely won't get a smiling face. That thing is for sure. Such attitudes really don't receive any tolerance, sorry, guys. Public forums are run here and your mind should be big enough to keep them running.
Please CoolIP, please tell me if I mentioned anything about " foreign speaking guys" in any of my posts and I will aplogise unreservedly . I don't care where you come from, or what language you speak. I have read this whole thread TWICE and nowhere has anybody including myself said anything dis respectful to person or persons from non english speaking countries. In fact you seem lost in translation, and please be assured, the day I resort to racial commentry, I will ban myself from this forum. Now please get over this and enjoy flight simming, isn't that the reason we are here. Here is a smiley just for you :(

What Marniftarr created is great, and I think it's the best utility for FSX. The numerous updates were due to simmers asking for more and more features. Marniftarr could have passed on most of them, but he wanted to meet as many expectations as possible. The program consistently works fine for me (but I'm not a Track IR user). Hoping this thread doesn't discourage others from buying it, because it really adds a lot to the immersion of flying.

To go back to the OP: If anyone doesnt see the humor in this, they need to install funnybone V2.0.... or....they have never been frustrated by a computer......" I am at the point of saving the installer to an old USB drive, placing it in a bench vise and s l o w l y tighten the vise. I feel it will be enjoyable watching the plastic slowly deform then fracture while knowing the little bits and bites are being crushed! I don't care about creating cameras in the bathrooms, the wheel wells or looking down the Feeltheres ERJ flight attendent's blouse. "Personally I have never (until now) considered the vise, but I have thrown a few bits and parts across the room on occasion. BobP, if you have any more suggestions for fixing 'puters, please continue to post!

Jay