Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

RTWR 2011 Registration and Recruitment

( Callsign ) Buzz / BuzzBee ( Flightsim ) FS9 (sometimes FSX)( Experience ) Several Years racing experience - Props Jets ( Timezone ) UTC-07:00 Colorful ColoradoLooking forward to taking a few days off work for the race.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

( Callsign ) Rob( Flightsim version ) FSX ( Experience in Flightsim ) No Balloon( Timezone =/- UTC ) -5Z

(Callsign) MM (Mike)(Flightsim Version) FS9 & FSX(Experience in Flightsim) Wizened old vet...frightened of wings that move(Time Zone) UTC-5 (Chapel Hill, NC, USA)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I would like to join once againi was there in i believe 2004/2005
Welcome back, Leon! (If that's your first name, I seem to remember someone named Leon Schuiling, though to be honest that could be from somewhere else :( )

Welcome back, Leon! (If that's your first name, I seem to remember someone named Leon Schuiling, though to be honest that could be from somewhere else :( )
Well i think that is me then Leon Schuiling is my full name. i was thinking of buying a plane for the race would the a2a spit be a good one? they just released a marvelous piece

Well i think that is me then Leon Schuiling is my full name. i was thinking of buying a plane for the race would the a2a spit be a good one? they just released a marvelous piece
Welcome Leon, nice to have you aboard.The A2A Spit is without doubt a superb bird, particularly with the Accusim modelling, and worth getting anytime. Check out this video review of the prop modelling:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psYL7thQj6MBut probably not the best buy for the race. A race bird needs about 650 NM and about two hours fuel range, a range which as far as I know the spit falls short by close to half.As it happens another A2A bird (actually an old Shockwave bird) fits the bill so well that it is the aircraft of choice for most of the teams. It is so popular in fact that the race committee has had to limit its use in recent years. The bird in question is the P51 Mustang and the D and H models are most popular.http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=11The P51 D and H set was made for FS9 but you can install them in FSX if this is your sim. You'll probably have to replace the HSI on the popup autopilot panel but hopefully that won't be too difficult for you.The other guys may have their own views, of course, and may point you in another direction.In any case welcome to the team Leon, and I look forward to flying with you online.

Mike Beckwith

Welcome Leon, nice to have you aboard.The A2A Spit is without doubt a superb bird, particularly with the Accusim modelling, and worth getting anytime. Check out this video review of the prop modelling:
Mike is absolutely correct, just bought it and took it up for a couple of test flights... I'm now on my third engine! (Yes, when I said couple of flights, I meant two... :( ) How was I supposed to know that all that steam coming out the side of the engine was because it was overheating, and that accidentally engaging the parking brake would throw my prop into the ground... A2A is working on a new P-51D of the same quality as the Spitfire, so I don't know if I would buy one of the old ones. Lionheart creations have a pretty nice and fast Epic LT, some company I can't remember the name of right now has a nice P-38. Bry posted a link to a freeware F7F Tigercat that's apparently quite fast, though I haven't tried that one myself yet.

Hi Leon , and a warm welcome back . I too got the A2A Spitfire with Accusim on Friday . I hold Jeff entirely responsible for another dent on my fragile bank balance :( Only joking . It is a truly fantastic development , and brings a new dimension to flying warbirds . I agree that it is a little down on power compared with other warbirds used . Especially if flying by the book with accusim engine damage on ( the only true way to fly it ). I tried turning the engine damage off to see how it can handle full performance and is still way short of the speeds we look for . I see a range of about 500 miles at altitude , a little more if autoleaned . Am I glad its in my hangar . YESWill I use in the race NO But as a benchmark for future A2A developments with this new system (P-51) it is truly stunning . Still getting used to all the possibilities with this plane , every flight is unique :) The accusim really adds a new dimension . OOOPs I didnt set my oxygen altitude correctly and my pilot has just gone Hypoxic again :( HeheheI would say to get some of the great Freeware "approved" aircraft , SOH F7F is a great start . If you really want to spend on a payware then , as DC and Mike suggest , only really the old P-51 D/H from A2A and the Lionheart Epic if you are running FSXGood to have you back and feel free to grab a practise Baton leg to give all the systems a good check :)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Hi Leon , and a warm welcome back . I too got the A2A Spitfire with Accusim on Friday . I hold Jeff entirely responsible for another dent on my fragile bank balance :( Only joking . It is a truly fantastic development , and brings a new dimension to flying warbirds . I agree that it is a little down on power compared with other warbirds used . Especially if flying by the book with accusim engine damage on ( the only true way to fly it ). I tried turning the engine damage off to see how it can handle full performance and is still way short of the speeds we look for . I see a range of about 500 miles at altitude , a little more if autoleaned . Am I glad its in my hangar . YESWill I use in the race NO But as a benchmark for future A2A developments with this new system (P-51) it is truly stunning . Still getting used to all the possibilities with this plane , every flight is unique :) The accusim really adds a new dimension . OOOPs I didnt set my oxygen altitude correctly and my pilot has just gone Hypoxic again :( HeheheI would say to get some of the great Freeware "approved" aircraft , SOH F7F is a great start . If you really want to spend on a payware then , as DC and Mike suggest , only really the old P-51 D/H from A2A and the Lionheart Epic if you are running FSXGood to have you back and feel free to grab a practise Baton leg to give all the systems a good check :)
If I may add to this the freeware P-180 Avanti is also very very nice to fly (as is fast!). Have to watch the overspeed on descent but other than that it is a good bird! Welcome back to the team Leon! This will be my third race! Cheers!

Travis.png?dl=1

Hi,I'd like to join the AVSIM team for RTW 2011. New to the race but been flight simming for decades!( Callsign ) CavalierDuck( Flightsim version ) FS9( Experience in Flightsim ) Everything fixed-wing, been doing some practice in ALPHASIM P-51D.( Timezone =/- UTC ) UTC 0, GMT (UK).

Hi,I'd like to join the AVSIM team for RTW 2011. New to the race but been flight simming for decades!( Callsign ) CavalierDuck( Flightsim version ) FS9( Experience in Flightsim ) Everything fixed-wing, been doing some practice in ALPHASIM P-51D.( Timezone =/- UTC ) UTC 0, GMT (UK).
Hi and welcome!You will need to get the Duenna, available here: http://johannesmuell.../fs/web/duenna/. You will need to get the "Full install" and "Update rev. 131" files and install them in that order.When you have that, we would like you to make a leg in the practice thread, just so we can see that you're commited to being in the race. We will then get you access to the private forum, where we have information on our MP servers and Teamspeak, which are very important in the race. If you don't have time to make a full leg, you can fly a shorter one :smile:Again, welcome to Team AVSIM, I hope you will enjoy the race!

Check out the rules on FS RTW Race Time is short so we need new pilots with out much posting history on AVSIM to show us that they can get the tracker installed and carry the baton. We will not have too much time to get you up and running come next Saturday so if you would like to participate now is the time to get it all sorted out. We welcome new participants. Definitely contact us if you would like some assistance. We use Teamspeak 3 and would be more than happy to assist via voice. It's not too difficult.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

CD - Looks like you had the Duenna up and running.http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?flight=5E0JNS3CFDX1DRjjM11LFCj0Sent you a PM - PM Me back and I can get you some Voice comm info so we can have some fun.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro