Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

RTWR 2011 Registration and Recruitment

Hi,I'd like to join the AVSIM team for RTW 2011. New to the race but been flight simming for decades!( Callsign ) CavalierDuck( Flightsim version ) FS9( Experience in Flightsim ) Everything fixed-wing, been doing some practice in ALPHASIM P-51D.( Timezone =/- UTC ) UTC 0, GMT (UK).
A warm welcome to you!Brgds Sven Sorensen, EKCH

( Callsign ) Vicious( Flightsim ) FS9 ( Experience ) Several Years in the RTW; 5-6 mid season races; will fly anything ( Timezone ) UTC-08:00 San DiegoI wasn't sure I was going to make this years race, but it looks like I'll have some time after all. Looking forward to it!!!

I've never flown in a RTW race before, but I think I've got what it takes. ( Callsign ) Viper( Flightsim version ) FSX( Experience in Flightsim ) I'll fly anything but have a lot of experience in the Acceleration FA/18. I've been flying on FS for 6 years.( Timezone =/- UTC ) UTC+13 (September 25 - April 2) UTC+12 (April 3 - September 24) (New Zealand).

Hi Viper You shall be welcome, however this recruitment thread is for last years race.Normally the race is in week 8, so there is a way to go yet - but I have seenthe first voices talking about beginning practice. So keep your eyes on this forum and when training does begin and/or theRTWR 2012 Recruitment appears, be sure to sign up! If I remember correctly, we only have one other pilot on your side of the globe,and it is definitely a plus with pilots in as many time zones as possible. BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Yes indeed! Having another member of the team located in the Asia Pacific region gives us a strategic advantage Viper, so I'm sure your participation will be most welcome. Keep an eye out for practice threads appearing on this forum closer to the end of the year.

Mike Beckwith

Yes indeed! Having another member of the team located in the Asia Pacific region gives us a strategic advantage Viper, so I'm sure your participation will be most welcome. Keep an eye out for practice threads appearing on this forum closer to the end of the year.
OK. Will do.

Viper, Welcome to the forum.. Its always good to have new pilots with us. And as both Sven and Mike have said having someone on that side of the world is a big plus, highmike is our only team member from that part of the world.. Comes in handy on some of the legs when the rest of the world is in bed. :) I noticed you said you have experience in the Acceleration FA/18, that's fantastic however its not a race aircraft.. The race is primary prop aircraft (piston or turbo), however with one brief exception years ago, we never fly anything that can reach supersonic speeds. I would suggest you practice some WWII era warbirds as they are quite common race aircraft. In the meantime, head on over to http://www.fsrtwrace.com/ for more details.. Later in the year, we will probably put up the 2012 Race recruitment thread and grant access to private forums and such for race planning purposes.

spacer.png

Viper, Welcome to the forum.. Its always good to have new pilots with us. And as both Sven and Mike have said having someone on that side of the world is a big plus, highmike is our only team member from that part of the world.. Comes in handy on some of the legs when the rest of the world is in bed. :) I noticed you said you have experience in the Acceleration FA/18, that's fantastic however its not a race aircraft.. The race is primary prop aircraft (piston or turbo), however with one brief exception years ago, we never fly anything that can reach supersonic speeds. I would suggest you practice some WWII era warbirds as they are quite common race aircraft. In the meantime, head on over to http://www.fsrtwrace.com/ for more details.. Later in the year, we will probably put up the 2012 Race recruitment thread and grant access to private forums and such for race planning purposes.
OK. I'll get some practice flying the Spitfire MK22.