Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

klm251

A pic from the good old days

Hey all a couple of days back i was sorting out my cd's and i found something very interresting it made me think back where i started to do flightsim i think it's nice to see how far we have come from the older flight simulators untill now with fsx.i made a screenshot from it i think you ca gues wich sim this is haha btw the plane is the flight1 747-400 giants of the skyFS98747.jpg

Wow,that looks like FS98.Nebojsa

Hi,Funny enough I just installed the good old PS1.3 in a DOS emulator.....now this is old school. And LOOK we got working ACARS, WX radar, ....in 1999 Big%20Grin.gif and the whole installation takes up a woping 40mb. Have a nice weekend,Martin Dahlerup

That is great. Always fun to look back on those old games. Thanks for ths screenshots.

Wow,that looks like FS98.
Certainly been the last time I got 100 fps. :(
Funny enough I just installed the good old PS1.3 in a DOS emulator.....now this is old school. And LOOK we got working ACARS, WX radar, ....in 1999 Big%20Grin.gif and the whole installation takes up a woping 40mb.
Yeah the ACARS and D-ATIS just blew me right away. Didn't know it has these back then already. Big%20Grin.gifsig.gif

Wow I don't remember FS98 looking that bad!
It certainly did never look that bad on my machine at least. Got a lot more smoothing and stuff. Had a 16 MB Riva TNT, a monster card for sure. But yeah, kinda bad still I guess. :( But had quite a number of amazing add-ons back then... That's what I thought anyways. Big%20Grin.gif I loved the 3D cloud option though - made out of white and grayish blocks - true three dimensional in every aspect! :(sig.gif

I always laugh when I see software from back then that said "As real as it gets" like on the FS98 cover. I have since then lost fs98 but I kind of want to install FS2002 lol

Don't forget that the ATC voice in PS1 is Rob Randazzo :(

We sure have come a long way eh? I still remember the sublogic days with the monochrome screen and wire frame scenery!! :( Can't wait to see what happens over the next twenty+ years!

the music sucks but this is a good clip on FS History. I started flying back in 1995 with FS95.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICb9ZXiD3q4

Hey all a couple of days back i was sorting out my cd's and i found something very interresting it made me think back where i started to do flightsim i think it's nice to see how far we have come from the older flight simulators untill now with fsx.i made a screenshot from it i think you ca gues wich sim this is haha btw the plane is the flight1 747-400 giants of the sky
And still to this day people complain about not having 2d panels.

And still to this day people complain about not having 2d panels.
Yeah haha there wasn't even a vc in this plane ;)

the music sucks but this is a good clip on FS History. I started flying back in 1995 with FS95.
They should have put no music at all. It would have also been interesting to hear again how much the sound improved throughout different generations,which it certainly did.

At some point in time in our future there will be a day when one of us will share a picture on a modern platform yet to be invented about the good old 747X.We will all be smilingly saying:- wow, can't believe we flew in 2D!- wow, remember those pre-programmed AI planes?!- wow it actually INSTALLED terrain mesh and terrain texture from the DVD instead of pulling most recent satellite data from the net! How funny!- wow, I just reinstalled FSX and it runs 100+ FPS but it looked much better in my memories...- retro flying! Neither FSX, nor the 747 is in production anymore!What else do you think we all will be smiling at?

At some point in time in our future there will be a day when one of us will share a picture on a modern platform yet to be invented about the good old 747X.We will all be smilingly saying:- wow, can't believe we flew in 2D!- wow, remember those pre-programmed AI planes?!- wow it actually INSTALLED terrain mesh and terrain texture from the DVD instead of pulling most recent satellite data from the net! How funny!- wow, I just reinstalled FSX and it runs 100+ FPS but it looked much better in my memories...- retro flying! Neither FSX, nor the 747 is in production anymore!What else do you think we all will be smiling at?
+1. I was watching the video and thought: how could someone 'fly' with that graphics in FS1, FS2. But at that time, that was top technology!