Sign in to follow this  
plodgeface

Wilco airbus evolution!

My experience with Wilco/Feelthere add-ons have been mostly disappointments. I find they either have critical omissions ("we never said it would"), system and FDE inaccuracies ("we're not sure it could") or outright bugs that they will not acknowledge or fix ("we have your cash, tell us why we should?!"). I also find their manuals vague and incomplete (particularly in regards to performance numbers).Having said that, I've always found the products to be "close" to being satisfactory. Just a tweak here and there and they would be satisfying enough that you could look past the odd foible/omission. I find their support to be unsatisfying (yes, there are many posts in the Feelthere forum, and they do get replies, but the answer is often unsatisfactory, and usually posted with the kind of brevity that borders on rudeness).I have tried many ways to get the Airbus Vol 1 to work, including purchasing the 'upgrade' from Eric Marciano (in NO WAY connected with Feelthere... I know, I know...). Nothing has worked properly for me.I do have a version that works most of the time (removed the 'upgrade'), although it occasionally causes CTDs. The descent management just doesn't work, and a few MCDU features are buggy. The flight model handles poorly, but not brutally.I'm dying for an Airbus A320 (I also bought the Airsimmer disaster) for FS9, and would even purchase this whole thing again if I had any faith in the company at all (being Wilco, Feelthere, Wilco/Feelthere or whatever the confusing relationship on this product is.) To regain that faith, I'd need to see satisfied customers. To see satisfied customers, I need a support forum that remains open indefinitely.Wilco has no forum, so the only thing left to do is watch here in the Avsim forums, and see what transpires...

I also await a good airbus. ... I'm still waiting.Been waiting since AirlinerXP.I'd love one. but I have a certain quality standard. So PMDG 737 roll along.FSlabs may yet surprize us, but for some reason all the A320's we'v had released so far have fallen short of the mark. I await information on this one, but Weather radar is little more than a gimick. I look on sceptically. If this update fixes RNAV capability, and waypoint tracking, I might consider it. But at this stage it looks like it does very little. Certainly doesn't make it any nicer to look at.

Wilco has scre**ed with us time and time again. Until I see a refund policy in place I am staying away from these guys. Had enough and given them too many chances. I suggest you all do the same.

I hope the upgrade improves the systems, I think that's the main problem with the aircraft. I was going to buy Eric's upgrade last year but he wanted too much money for it. Now it is included in Evolution I hope things will work better. As far as the models go. Feelthere developed the models and they are not a part of the upgrade so the model problems will probably remain. Actually I got so fed up waiting for the cockpit window transparency problem to be fixed that I fixed it myself. I've only done the A318 so far but the others shouldn't be that difficult. Here's a picture.http://img189.imageshack.us/i/2011211131553793.png/Ed.

I hope the upgrade improves the systems, I think that's the main problem with the aircraft. I was going to buy Eric's upgrade last year but he wanted too much money for it. Now it is included in Evolution I hope things will work better. As far as the models go. Feelthere developed the models and they are not a part of the upgrade so the model problems will probably remain. Actually I got so fed up waiting for the cockpit window transparency problem to be fixed that I fixed it myself. I've only done the A318 so far but the others shouldn't be that difficult. Here's a picture.http://img189.images...1131553793.png/Ed.
Looks good. Are you going to add vc windows reflections as well ?Vic

I hope the upgrade improves the systems, I think that's the main problem with the aircraft. I was going to buy Eric's upgrade last year but he wanted too much money for it. Now it is included in Evolution I hope things will work better. As far as the models go. Feelthere developed the models and they are not a part of the upgrade so the model problems will probably remain. Actually I got so fed up waiting for the cockpit window transparency problem to be fixed that I fixed it myself. I've only done the A318 so far but the others shouldn't be that difficult. Here's a picture.http://img189.images...1131553793.png/Ed.
Can I ask how you fixed it? I've tried fixing this with no success.

I tried fixing this in the past by altering the textures without sucess, I think a lot of people who understood about alpha channels and transparencies did as well. But the problem is not with the textures the problem is with the model itself. I've altered some settings in the file to make the texture transparency work.I've done the A319CFM model as well now. If you want the new model file then I'll probably upload them to AVSIM once they are all complete. The question for me is - do I check with feelthere/Wilco if this is OK or just do it. Because it's obvious they're not going to bother.Ed.

The question for me is - do I check with feelthere/Wilco if this is OK or just do it. Because it's obvious they're not going to bother.
ed:you must contact WILCO for permission to access the source code and then posting the model ARE both behaviors are a violation of copyright and the EULA.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

ed:you must contact WILCO for permission to access the source code and then posting the model ARE both behaviors are a violation of copyright and the EULA.--
I thought that might be the case which is why I have kept this to myself and decided not to share with the community at large. In fact it's probably best if I just delete the files full stop. I've tried contacting Wilco before asking if they wanted the transparency issue fixed but they didn't bother to reply. I thought they might have liked it for their new Evolution upgrade but as you have pointed out there's nothing I can do about it.Still it was fun finding out it could be doneEd.

hey Edspaceare u able to create the glass texture for pmfg 747x and md11 for fsx? ive asked to the pmdg team but they wont release any patch in future about this so would be great if u can do it. of course u wont share it here but just send a PM. let me know if u can do it. i can even pay u for this small fix.regardsdavide lee

Sorry Davide I don't have the PMDG 747 or MD11 and wasn't aware there were any problems with glass textures in these models . I thought PMDG were one of the best aircraft producers and I'm surprised if they don't release a patch if there is a problem.I might look into it at a future date, but for now I'm concentrating on the Wilco Airbus.If anyones interested the A318cfm, A319cfm, A319iae, A320cfm are now patched. But remember I cannot give out this patch without Wilco's permission, I'll probably wait until after the evolution release - this might spur Wilco into fixing it themselves.Ed.

Sorry Davide I don't have the PMDG 747 or MD11 and wasn't aware there were any problems with glass textures in these models . I thought PMDG were one of the best aircraft producers and I'm surprised if they don't release a patch if there is a problem.
In my mind, they are not the best, but one of the best. If they were truly the best, their MD-11 wouldn't have been so inaccurate. Ever compared the tail fin and underwing engines with photographs? Also take a look at the flaps. Extend them, and you'll see they are mostly floating in the air. There is hardly any detail there. For an aircraft which is so expensive, I'd expect much more detail. And saying that it's less detailed because it's two years old is just plain wrong. The CS757 is older than the MD-11, but is it less detailed? No, it is not. I must say I was extremely surprised by the MD-11 inaccurate exterior model. Their 747 is 500% better in that respect, so I just assumed the exterior model would be as good on the MD-11. Fact is, 90% of the people don't search for such inaccuracies and thus never see them.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

If anyones interested the A318cfm, A319cfm, A319iae, A320cfm are now patched. But remember I cannot give out this patch without Wilco's permission, I'll probably wait until after the evolution release - this might spur Wilco into fixing it themselves.Ed.
Hi Ed. The evolution version has been released already . So any one who could confirm if the bug is fixed or still present?Ed you got a pm.

Hi Ed. The evolution version has been released already . So any one who could confirm if the bug is fixed or still present?Ed you got a pm.
I think it will be released febr. 21.V

Edspacethe pmdg 747x and md11 are wonderful and incredible aircrafts but they didnt make any glass texture for increase th eperformance. i asked them and they replied me: yes ure right. we didnt make any glass texture but we wont release any patch in future. thats why im asking to u. if u have time in future can u think about it?

Sorry Davide I don't have the PMDG 747 or MD11 and wasn't aware there were any problems with glass textures in these models . I thought PMDG were one of the best aircraft producers and I'm surprised if they don't release a patch if there is a problem.I might look into it at a future date, but for now I'm concentrating on the Wilco Airbus.If anyones interested the A318cfm, A319cfm, A319iae, A320cfm are now patched. But remember I cannot give out this patch without Wilco's permission, I'll probably wait until after the evolution release - this might spur Wilco into fixing it themselves.Ed.