Sign in to follow this  
plodgeface

Wilco airbus evolution!

Saw this pop up in my sub box, i think its the update that was rumoured a few months ago, what do you think? Doesn't look much different to me Straight%20Face.gif.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkN6vbHz1ZE

Philip,I didn't see the video but this morning I checked the website of Simware Flightstore here in Brussels.They have the update as a pre-order and it should come available on february 21.Reading the description on their site, the update is more systembased then visual.They even speak of a headup display...www.simw.comregardsLuc BrusselmansBelgium

Hmmmm Not to sure myself! Will have to go a long way to make me purchase this. Is that a 2d panel i saw?! Does anyone still fly with 2d panel? very 1985 haha.

Hmmmm Not to sure myself! Will have to go a long way to make me purchase this. Is that a 2d panel i saw?! Does anyone still fly with 2d panel? very 1985 haha.
Many simmers cannot afford fancy set ups like us! Anyway lets please not turn this into a VC v 2D discussion :(

Fair enough! But the models dont look great either (after flying with the Airbus X for a few weeks) but everything may work as should (the Airbus X doesnt work properly) so this could be a good stop gap until some one masters an Airbus both in looks and systems etc.

Finally!http://www.simw.com/flight-simulator-add-ons/airbus-series-evolution-upgrade-for-airbus-series-vol-1-regular.htmlIt seems there is a weather radar and better managed climb/descent calculation. I hope they also revamped the way flightplans are drawn on the ND. Previously it was sort of like a "connect the dots" kind of thing. i hope that's changed now. Overall, it seems to be quite an improvement. I don't think they did anything about the visual models, though. My only concern is the FDE. That's what caused the biggest problems in the original. If that's not changed, we may very well still see VNAV calculation problems.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Looks promising for an update, and they are including wxr, which makes my flights a lot more entertaining.I was hoping they would include the A340-200, and 500 to make it complete, but hey.I am excited.

Waleed N

thanks for the news!But this update (or upgrade) will not be free for owner of airbus vol.1 ?

thanks for the news!But this update (or upgrade) will not be free for owner of airbus vol.1 ?
Florian, I believe you will have to pay for the upgrade.

Waleed N

Florian, I believe you will have to pay for the upgrade.
sad... :(

Looks like this is solely a system upgrade, the visuals look exactly the same. This is why new items like the weather radar can only be controlled in the 2D panel. The 3D models weren't updated to support it. It still can be viewed in the VC though. Not so for the hud, looks like this one is 2D or full screen (No panel) only. To get better externals We'll probably still have to merge alternative external models like the Project Airbus. If they fix the problems and omissions of the FBW system, which was already the best currently available for FSX, it will be worth it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Finally!http://www.simw.com/...-1-regular.htmlIt seems there is a weather radar and better managed climb/descent calculation.
I wish they improved that. I couldn't find anything related to better descent calculation.Only live updated toc.They did not mention anything regarding the fms fuel prediction which is wrong in their busses now.Most of the stuff they mention is what you get whan you buy eric marciano's upgrade ?Vic

This is hard to watch after seeing the 737NGX.
Well it's like comparing a ferrari with a wheelbarrow. They are different.

pffffffffffff no VC upgrade! They esentially are fixing what was already broken and charging for it!NO THANK-YOU

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom