Sign in to follow this  
plodgeface

Wilco airbus evolution!

I was looking forward to this update but when comparing the descriptions from the long time available MCDU Upgrade by E. M. and the ones from the "new" thing, some items sound very similar, even in the actual wording.MCDU Upgrade (scroll down for a description)New "Evolution" (scroll down for the text)This isn't a big surprise though since it was announced that E. M. is working with Wilco on the upgrade.So the main addition would be the Weather Radar and the HUD while the optics stay the same and nobody knows about the flight model so far. Since those 20 Euros aren't that cheap when you look at the price of the basic Vol. 1 or 2, one might wait for some more information on the actual gain of the product. They are right of course, the Wilco still is the best Airbus simulation out there but I must admit that this "best" sometimes looks like the guy with the one eye being compared to blind people. Big%20Grin.gif But, we have to play fair there because this is a rather old addon and so far, nobody came close to it.I found myself still using the Wilcos from time to time while the eye candy Airbus from Aerosoft went to the very far end of my hangar after getting over those nice optics and looking at some default and very wrong Airbus plane then.But I wonder what held back Wilco from e.g. using new cockpit textures or something to actually improve the visuals together with getting over some basic flaws of e. g. the MCDU (which, so far, only became really usable with the E. M. upgrade in my eyes).I also wonder if the FS2Crew from Bryan will get an update then. Would be nice for the people sticking to the Wilcos.

john:correct.if my prior post reads like feelThere is involved that is incorrect.feelThere is in no way involved in airbus 'evolution'.--
Scoob, perhaps you should mention this to Wilco, as the video of the OP shows your name and logo on the bottom right hand side.P.S. Loving the 195 with RJ textures.

Waleed N

I don't have Vol 1, but am interested in it (for FS9), I'm currently using the Overland aircraft. It's not cheap, but I won't be disappointed, right?By the way, I mostly fly the QW757 and PMDG 737-600/700 nowadays.

Mike...

Looking at the description there will be no visual updates of VC or anything... since I have E.M. upgrade, I don't think I'm going to buy this one, although I was waiting for this since they announced that they are doing this update. They could at least replace some of the ugliest textures... ok, "outdated". I too don't understand why in the world they don't do anything about that since everybody always say that Wilco is very good systems wise but pathetic.. ok, "outdated"... visually. Especially because it's probably much harder to program systems than replace some textures.. they could download the paintkit ;)

I'll also wait for FSL product since Airsimmer went wrong with their Advanced Airbus. I only wonder if FSL Airbus will not be too FPS hungry as Concorde X is.

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

I cannot believe they are not upodating the VC. Awful, this company is terrible, every product I've bought from them has problem, which are never solved! Spend my money elsewhere...ei ORBX PMDG FSL Carenado etc etc.and I also love it how they don't even have the guts to come on here and defend there products!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I cannot believe they are not upodating the VC. Awful, this company is terrible, every product I've bought from them has problem, which are never solved! Spend my money elsewhere...ei ORBX PMDG FSL Carenado etc etc.and I also love it how they don't even have the guts to come on here and defend there products!
The VC has been updated looking at the screenshots. There were many errors and holes in the VC that I'm no longer seeing in the screenshots. I for one will give this a chance as it's the best thing going for FS9 at this point for the Airbus and I doubt we'll see any other Airbus releases on this level before 'Flight' is released. As far as systems modeling there's nothing better out there concerning the Airbus for both FSX and FS9. These guys were the only one's to pull it off to some degree. Airsimmer failed.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

What a crock!€20 each for updates that should have been included in one of the 8 service packs already released for Vol's 1 & 2 over the last few years. IMO Wilco does not have the talent to produce addons of the caliber that we have grown accustomed to and is so desperate for money it asked Eric Marciano who's expertise brought them to the next level.And what about the next project they are working on? Is Wilco going to rush the release as usual then add updates while starting a new trend by asking for money for these upgrades? You have lost me as a customer just like CS has.Completely shocking, what nerve... no thanks!

\Robert Hamlich/

Is Wilco starting a new trend by asking for money for upgrades? You have lost me as a customer just like CS did.
Well, Wilco and CS may be second league virtual airliner developers but what to do if there is not other option left? Many people want to fly Airbus for instance but nor PMDG neither Level-D are willing to create such one. For some reasons majority of FS9/FSX developer studios are sticked to Boeing planes. So we can fly worse Airbuses or not to fly them at all...
Awful, this company is terrible, every product I've bought from them has problem, which are never solved! Spend my money elsewhere...ei ORBX PMDG FSL Carenado etc etc. and I also love it how they don't even have the guts to come on here and defend there products!
Are you referring to Wilco or FeelThere?

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

The VC has been updated looking at the screenshots. There were many errors and holes in the VC that I'm no longer seeing in the screenshots. I for one will give this a chance as it's the best thing going for FS9 at this point for the Airbus and I doubt we'll see any other Airbus releases on this level before 'Flight' is released. As far as systems modeling there's nothing better out there concerning the Airbus for both FSX and FS9. These guys were the only one's to pull it off to some degree. Airsimmer failed.
They look the same to me.can you please show me where you were seeing holes and errors that are now fixed ? If you have some screenshots (before and after the fixing) that'd be nice. I have e. marciano's upgrade and those pictures show nothing new..that I can see at least.Vic

They look the same to me.can you please show me where you were seeing holes and errors that are now fixed ? If you have some screenshots (before and after the fixing) that'd be nice. I have e. marciano's upgrade and those pictures show nothing new..that I can see at least.Vic
The visual panel updates may be the same as the EM's update, but if they fix the system issues (FBW, fuel prediction, etc..) I think it will be worth it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The visual panel updates may be the same as the EM's update, but if they fix the system issues (FBW, fuel prediction, etc..) I think it will be worth it.
True.But. How do we find out? I wonder if they added window reflections as well.V