Sign in to follow this  
plodgeface

Wilco airbus evolution!

+1But as I have the v1 and do fly them, I will be a big sap and go and by the upgrade (which Wilco has already figured out that they can get away with). Shame%20On%20You.gif

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

+1But as I have the v1 and do fly them, I will be a big sap and go and by the upgrade (which Wilco has already figured out that they can get away with). Shame%20On%20You.gif
Did you get e. marciano's update ?

If you are considering yourself a sap then why buy it? Makes absolutely no sense to support them by buying it. Keep doing that and they will keep screwing us over. Peoplevwill never get it.

I was very tempted to go for this upgrade as I have versions 1 and 2, but having read the marketing blurb I am not so sure. They haven't fixed managed descent mode and the visual model is still out of the Ark. What a wasted opportunity ! I am also very nervous because they keep pushing the deivery date out which leads me to suppose that when it is eventiually released it will be anything but bug free, It is true that Wilco are the only ones to date that have made a serious attempt to tackle Airbus systems in FSX (I don't count Air Simmer because it is a very well documented train wreck) but that doesn't excuse the flaws..I have always found the wilco Aibuses very disappointing to fly, so much so that they have now joined a shelfload of other, equally disappointing, aircraft implementaions on my bookshelves. There are too many developers in this niche pushing flawed producs From now on I will stick to quality rather than waste my money of products that I know I will regaret buying. This means in effect that I'll be sticking with PMDG for Boeings and FSLabs for the Airbus - if their Airbus turns out to be anywhere near as good as their Concorde X, it will be fantastic.! I will also wait for the Aerosoft CRJ which is looking good - provided that Digital Aviation can deliver on systems.The new generation of products from these developers will set a new bar for the likes of Wilco and I think that going foward they will find it hard to survive.

My experience with Wilco/Feelthere add-ons have been mostly disappointments. I find they either have critical omissions ("we never said it would"), system and FDE inaccuracies ("we're not sure it could") or outright bugs that they will not acknowledge or fix ("we have your cash, tell us why we should?!"). I also find their manuals vague and incomplete (particularly in regards to performance numbers).Having said that, I've always found the products to be "close" to being satisfactory. Just a tweak here and there and they would be satisfying enough that you could look past the odd foible/omission. I find their support to be unsatisfying (yes, there are many posts in the Feelthere forum, and they do get replies, but the answer is often unsatisfactory, and usually posted with the kind of brevity that borders on rudeness).I have tried many ways to get the Airbus Vol 1 to work, including purchasing the 'upgrade' from Eric Marciano (in NO WAY connected with Feelthere... I know, I know...). Nothing has worked properly for me.I do have a version that works most of the time (removed the 'upgrade'), although it occasionally causes CTDs. The descent management just doesn't work, and a few MCDU features are buggy. The flight model handles poorly, but not brutally.I'm dying for an Airbus A320 (I also bought the Airsimmer disaster) for FS9, and would even purchase this whole thing again if I had any faith in the company at all (being Wilco, Feelthere, Wilco/Feelthere or whatever the confusing relationship on this product is.) To regain that faith, I'd need to see satisfied customers. To see satisfied customers, I need a support forum that remains open indefinitely.Wilco has no forum, so the only thing left to do is watch here in the Avsim forums, and see what transpires...
This is a perfect summary of Wilco/Feelthere products and should be stickied in both FS9 and FSX forums. Wilco support is non existant, Feelthere support is relegated to an unnamed "individual" who lacks even the most basic social skills in dealing with customers. Oh, and thats when they're not playing pong with customers as to who should shoulder the support burden. I was hoping Wilco would buy out Marciano and offer his 'upgrade' as a service pack to existing and future customers of the Airbus series, and as usual with these charlatans, I was wrong. The only good news is that feeltheres omnipresent support guy is out of the equation on this one, and we can look forward to venting our grievances into thin air.

Richard Wells

Postponed again.. April 1 now.I officially don't care about this anymore.
There must be tremendous improvements when postponing release date week by week :( :(

There must be tremendous improvements when postponing release date week by week :( :(
Absolutely not. That's just the way Wilco does business.

Absolutely not. That's just the way Wilco does business.
Well, I don´t know. Can´t they do it better or don´t they want to do it better?

I'm not gonna argue about if it is a good upgrade or not... All I know is when it comes out I'm gonna buy Vol 1 upgrade (not full version) to see what's the big deal with it...For me the only issues Wilco Airbus have is following the vertical profile in descent... and the calculation for the desacceleration points... If they have managed to fix that after all this time... I'm happy...P.S. Maybe it's an April Fool's Day joke... :( .... naaa... just kidding...Dexter

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

I really can't see the point in buying this. I struggle with the logic. Like everyone else, I am desperate for a good Airbus in FSX but a few minor improvements to a still deeply flawed model doesn't equal value for money. They haven't even provided much in the way of eyecandy and that is easy enough to do - even Air Simmer managed that ! There will be lots oif good new aircraft coming along in the next few months, so there will be plenty to keep any serious simmer occupied. Why waste your money on a sows ear when FSlabs are producing a silk purse in the A3XX professional series (which appears to be is making good progress by the way). On top of that, based upon my previous experiences with Wilco/Feelthere's coding, I have no confidence whatsoever that the shortcuts taken won't end up screwing with my other (quality) add-ons and if it doies, what recource will I have ? Wilco support is non-existent. Futhermore, by the time I and everyone else has populated their hangers with the new NGX, the CRJ, the Dash 8, the 777 and the RJ Avro that will be along in the next 12 monthns from PMDG and aerosoft - the Wilco model is going to look and feel very... very dated and will regret having splashed the cash on something that I will no longer fly.

i bought it...shouldnt haveVol 1 evol...OK but bugsN1 drops to zero on a regular basis but aircraft remains in the airvertical profile capture on descent is disgraceful..descends below then above. Will NOT capture VNAV path and stay on it.APP Phase still executing automatically and does not wait until commanded executionHave not been able to get TCAS to work No HUD in VC (Wilco should be hung to dry out for false advertising on this one)ILS capture and execution is abysmal - no different from Vol 1 original - all over the placeVol 2 - blood pressure rising - N1what an abysmal shambleson climb through about 20000ft speed drops off after engines have ceased to work..I am yet to complete a flight with any vol 2 aircraftwilco is a disgrace for marketing this rubbish and I am a fool for buying it.

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

i bought it...shouldnt haveVol 1 evol...OK but bugsN1 drops to zero on a regular basis but aircraft remains in the airvertical profile capture on descent is disgraceful..descends below then above. Will NOT capture VNAV path and stay on it.APP Phase still executing automatically and does not wait until commanded executionHave not been able to get TCAS to work No HUD in VC (Wilco should be hung to dry out for false advertising on this one)ILS capture and execution is abysmal - no different from Vol 1 original - all over the placeVol 2 - blood pressure rising - N1what an abysmal shambleson climb through about 20000ft speed drops off after engines have ceased to work..I am yet to complete a flight with any vol 2 aircraftwilco is a disgrace for marketing this rubbish and I am a fool for buying it.
If you really want to get your blood boiling, submit a trouble report to Wilco. Their customer service is still terrible and not competitive with other vendors. I advise any developer looking for a publisher to steer clear of Wilco as their customers slowly dwindle with decreasing quality products, untimely customer service and zero presence in the flight simulation community. They don't even publish their location or a contact phone number. There is a Wilco Publisher in Mumbia India. Is that them? I own most all of the products Wilco offers, however, my last customer service experience was unacceptable. I'm done with them.Bob..