Sign in to follow this  
plodgeface

Wilco airbus evolution!

Well, Wilco and CS may be second league virtual airliner developers but what to do if there is not other option left? Many people want to fly Airbus for instance but nor PMDG neither Level-D are willing to create such one.
I am hoping that Aerosoft will continue to update their Airbus and provide a more advanced sim. They have contemplated releasing an A330/340.One thing worth noting re Level D and PMDG not creating an Airbus is the FBW system cannot be accurately modeled in FSX and perhaps that is why they have shied away from the Airbus and that is perhaps why other dev's have failed. From what I have read the Airbus is a difficult machine to model.

\Robert Hamlich/

Well, Wilco and CS may be second league virtual airliner developers but what to do if there is not other option left? Many people want to fly Airbus for instance but nor PMDG neither Level-D are willing to create such one. For some reasons majority of FS9/FSX developer studios are sticked to Boeing planes. So we can fly worse Airbuses or not to fly them at all...Are you referring to Wilco or FeelThere?
Wilco, but I have some problems with Feel There too.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

No thanks Wilco. :( The included Marciano update is crap with a merge without VC because there's strange behaviour in outside view.No recalculation of T/C and T/D in case of directs i.e.I hoped they would have fixed the MCDU bugs. :( Instead of a HUD they should have revised the horrible VC.

I am hoping that Aerosoft will continue to update their Airbus and provide a more advanced sim. They have contemplated releasing an A330/340.
I don't think Aerosoft's goal is make realistic Airbus. They rather stick with simplistic addon aircrafts. Overall I suppose advanced addons are not so profitable as simpler ones.
One thing worth noting re Level D and PMDG not creating an Airbus is the FBW system cannot be accurately modeled in FSX and perhaps that is why they have shied away from the Airbus and that is perhaps why other dev's have failed. From what I have read the Airbus is a difficult machine to model.
I suppose FBW can be simulated well in FSX however this must be complicated task. That is why aforementioned developers chose Boeing jets as easier to develop at high fidelity level. Simply they could abandon FBW modeling and went deeper into other systems while saving the same development cost. Yet I think FSL Team is well positioned to make very realistic A320 with good FBW simulation because its founder worked on that project in PMDG before leaving this company if I remember correctly.BTW - if you are right Wilco's Airbuses and E-jets do not have proper FBW modeling... :(

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

Bendito ! Como dijo Chompidas.Great product ! Obviously it's impossible to simulate an airliner to level of a real-world airliner. No one has and no one will. Do you really think it's possible to do it with some little painted graphics and at $50.00? However, we must stand-up and give many round of applauses to those who have tried and tried...and got very close to it. Options: yes, we do have lots of options: (1) Develop our own aircrafts; (2) Buy a real a/c simulator (3)Call Airbus CEO and ask them to build us an a/c (or call Boeing). Or, we can thank the developers we currentlky have for all their hard work and efforts.-- So, what will you get for $50.00 ? You got it..re-read this message !Now, got to run...My Airbus 340-600 is waiting, loaded with happy passengers and we're flying tonight out of MSLP ....We will be climbing to 40,000 feet and then pratice some power-off stalls...hehehe...lot's of fun....Well, actually this darn thing won't stall, even if I shoot off the engines. lolHave fun guys.. you only live a few years !Johnny

E-jets do not have proper FBW modeling.
??what is lacking?ejets v1 has been out for about 2.5 years and there have been no reports of 'faulty' FBW in the ejets. search both ejet v1's and v2's forms for 'fly by wire' and you will find only one reference in the v1 forum where what 'fbw' means in an ejet is explained (it is not the same as airbus).--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Bendito ! Como dijo Chompidas.Great product ! Obviously it's impossible to simulate an airliner to level of a real-world airliner. No one has and no one will. Do you really think it's possible to do it with some little painted graphics and at $50.00? However, we must stand-up and give many round of applauses to those who have tried and tried...and got very close to it. Options: yes, we do have lots of options: (1) Develop our own aircrafts; (2) Buy a real a/c simulator (3)Call Airbus CEO and ask them to build us an a/c (or call Boeing). Or, we can thank the developers we currentlky have for all their hard work and efforts.-- So, what will you get for $50.00 ? You got it..re-read this message !Now, got to run...My Airbus 340-600 is waiting, loaded with happy passengers and we're flying tonight out of MSLP ....We will be climbing to 40,000 feet and then pratice some power-off stalls...hehehe...lot's of fun....Well, actually this darn thing won't stall, even if I shoot off the engines. lolHave fun guys.. you only live a few years !Johnny
Muy buena Johnny, I like your outlook... you are so right, guess I'm just becoming a grumpy unappreciative simmer... thanks for the reset! Now I have to go to work.

\Robert Hamlich/

I was looking forward to this update but when comparing the descriptions from the long time available MCDU Upgrade by E. M. and the ones from the "new" thing, some items sound very similar, even in the actual wording.MCDU Upgrade (scroll down for a description)New "Evolution" (scroll down for the text)This isn't a big surprise though since it was announced that E. M. is working with Wilco on the upgrade.So the main addition would be the Weather Radar and the HUD while the optics stay the same and nobody knows about the flight model so far. Since those 20 Euros aren't that cheap when you look at the price of the basic Vol. 1 or 2, one might wait for some more information on the actual gain of the product. They are right of course, the Wilco still is the best Airbus simulation out there but I must admit that this "best" sometimes looks like the guy with the one eye being compared to blind people. Big%20Grin.gif But, we have to play fair there because this is a rather old addon and so far, nobody came close to it.I found myself still using the Wilcos from time to time while the eye candy Airbus from Aerosoft went to the very far end of my hangar after getting over those nice optics and looking at some default and very wrong Airbus plane then.But I wonder what held back Wilco from e.g. using new cockpit textures or something to actually improve the visuals together with getting over some basic flaws of e. g. the MCDU (which, so far, only became really usable with the E. M. upgrade in my eyes).I also wonder if the FS2Crew from Bryan will get an update then. Would be nice for the people sticking to the Wilcos.
Well, you might be right, the PFD looks mostly the same. I personally don´t thinks it´s right to let the existing users , who had payed arround 80€ for both Airbus packages like I did, pay for such a kind of avionic service pack.

... You have lost me as a customer just like CS has.Completely shocking, what nerve... no thanks!
What do you have against CS? I like their 757, although I can´t fly it because of an gauge problem and I´m unwilling to buy another 757 from QW. What is so terrible in the CS version? It is nice modeled and it´s definitely the best looking plane in my hanger, looking better as the PMDG 747 (in FS9).

Hmmmm Not to sure myself! Will have to go a long way to make me purchase this. Is that a 2d panel i saw?! Does anyone still fly with 2d panel? very 1985 haha.
The next one coming out with a 2d panel is the PMDG 737NGX. Haha.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

What do you have against CS? I like their 757, although I can´t fly it because of an gauge problem and I´m unwilling to buy another 757 from QW. What is so terrible in the CS version? It is nice modeled and it´s definitely the best looking plane in my hanger, looking better as the PMDG 747 (in FS9).
Not to stray off the Wilco subject too far, what I have against CS is the fact they released substandard aircraft (based on published release info) and repeatedly provided broken updates that I had to fix. Other people, like myself, provided information about how we got around to fixing the issues and CS failed to include these fixes in any subsequent updates.There were issues with autopilot (rocking when engaged), LNAV & VNAV, sound, gauge, lighting and knob issues. To this day I cannot select speed or a heading without the numbers spinning up or down which makes it a chore to fly online. Then came the 767 which was the CS757 with a larger fuselage and an edited .air file to make it fly like a larger aircraft. It had the same issues as the 757 except the interior lighting was fixed although CS never included the fix in any update for the 757. And let's not even talk about the B52.You have established you have issues with the CS757, unlike yourself I continue to enjoy flying the 757 although I am constantly reminded about its shortcomings.In the end, just for fun I may buy the update my Vol 1 and see what it has for the extra €20

\Robert Hamlich/

Not to stray off the Wilco subject too far, what I have against CS is the fact they released substandard aircraft (based on published release info) and repeatedly provided broken updates that I had to fix. Other people, like myself, provided information about how we got around to fixing the issues and CS failed to include these fixes in any subsequent updates.There were issues with autopilot (rocking when engaged), LNAV & VNAV, sound, gauge, lighting and knob issues. To this day I cannot select speed or a heading without the numbers spinning up or down which makes it a chore to fly online. Then came the 767 which was the CS757 with a larger fuselage and an edited .air file to make it fly like a larger aircraft. It had the same issues as the 757 except the interior lighting was fixed although CS never included the fix in any update for the 757. And let's not even talk about the B52.You have established you have issues with the CS757, unlike yourself I continue to enjoy flying the 757 although I am constantly reminded about its shortcomings.In the end, just for fun I may buy the update my Vol 1 and see what it has for the extra €20
Well, I don´t want to go far off the Wilco topic, but I have to say, that I don´t have any problems execp the thing that the middle lower screen with the additional engine indications remains black, no rocking, no light issues and no jumping speed, just this darn gauge propbelm, which has to be some kind of problem with FSUIPC.

Captain Sim is known with aircrafts possessing decent graphics but shallow systems simulation and many bugs. You can read about all of that on this very forum. Their simply clone the same code across similar products: 727, 707 and 757, 767. That is why those planes share similar bugs. Additionally CS uses many default FSX models (engines, autopilot) which do not work as real things in modeled planes. I can live with that flying their 757 due to lack of an alternative but I wouldn't buy any classic jetliner from CS after reading about 727 issues which the community had to fix itself.I do not own Wilco/FeelThere planes but I suppose their Airbus may be quite similar to CS products. I had better wait what FSL achieves with A320...

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

Well, I don´t want to go far off the Wilco topic, but I have to say, that I don´t have any problems execp the thing that the middle lower screen with the additional engine indications remains black, no rocking, no light issues and no jumping speed, just this darn gauge propbelm, which has to be some kind of problem with FSUIPC.
Installing a newer version of FSUIPC does help sometime. Have you tried adjusting brightness using the knob under the center EICAS? One other thing to do is to press the Status button located beside the Engine button... both are located under the display.

\Robert Hamlich/

I do not own Wilco/FeelThere planes but I suppose their Airbus may be quite similar to CS products. I had better wait what FSL achieves with A320...
Feelthere's Airbus is no where near the aggravation level of CS's products. Putting these two in the same sentence is wrong in itself. I actually enjoy the Feelthere Buses but in contrast dumped the CS757 in favor of the latest incarnation of Quality Wing's 757. You can make a case about the VC graphics but outside of that it's a fun sim that models more things found in the real Airbus versus any other add-on simulating this aircraft currently available for FS9 let alone FSX. If this update cleans up the holes in the VC that can be found in various places and updated the Avionics/FDE this for me is worth the effort and I will get it. One thing I like is a working weather radar in thsi model which shying away from. I don't care about the case that's made about weather radars its a good feature to simulate as the real birds have them. I'm looking forward to this model. Again Captain Sim and this effort is like comparing night and day. Yes there's a few issues with the Airbus series like any add-on or software product but the overall experience is nothing like the run around we've got from Captain Sim and their products over the years (I for one remember how lacking the FS9 727 was with everything but the visual model).The Difference in Captain Sim and the Feelthere Airbus effort is with Captain Sim the birds look good but that's about it, with Feelthere's Airbus effort you might not have the best looking model around but everything works as advertised. I'd rather have sacrifice looks for a good FDE and Avionics versus the other way around but that's just me... :smile:For those checking when it comes to Captain Sim, their 757 in my book was one of their best releases. I don't know about their 767 as I don't use FSX. When you compare their 757 to Quality Wings one can see right away the sound package is lacking on the CS side, maneuvering on the ground is more slide than turn in the CS model, and for me I had weird CTD issues with the CS model when changing fuel or opening the cargo door on the Freighter. With the QW's version I can excel time in the sim if I'm short on time where that's not really possible with the CS version especially at 16x. I'm not a real stickler for realism in the time department these days because I don't have the luxury in that area I used to have...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2