Sign in to follow this  
Bman2006

5040x1024 - Flickering Mouse

Your way will certainly do it, but some people don't want to go through all that. Altering the panelcfg allows you to open in full screen and to call up the panels so that they are where you want them, sized as you want.
Imho it is way less work resizing with the mouse, which will take max of 20 seconds then aldtering the cfg files/testing/altering/testing..... Most people simply just want to fly, not opening files and making adjustments.But they can choose what they want.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Imho it is way less work resizing with the mouse, which will take max of 20 seconds then aldtering the cfg files/testing/altering/testing..... Most people simply just want to fly, not opening files and making adjustments.But they can choose what they want.
Point taken, but my way you only have to do it once. I happen to enjoy 'making it work' and if I can do the work and someone else wants to use it that's good - isn't it?This thread started, by the way, because a flickering cursor was the problem. If you never get that, then of course you wouldn't be interested.Because I use a Z-keys button pad I like to have the most used panels numbered from 0 to 9. You imagine the work there is to achieve that. But - I enjoy.

Regards

Frank Jones

I too am interetsed in thisiisue.I run 3head2go qith three 24" mnitors @ 5760x1080 59KhzThe only aircraft I have an issue with in VC is the MD11 with flickering cursor so am looking forward to the fixRegardsROb

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

I too am interetsed in thisiisue.I run 3head2go qith three 24" mnitors @ 5760x1080 59KhzThe only aircraft I have an issue with in VC is the MD11 with flickering cursor so am looking forward to the fixRegardsROb
Hi RobCan you please tell me which windows (panels) cause the problem for you? Is it just the three mentioned in my July 17 post?Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

Hi RobCan you please tell me which windows (panels) cause the problem for you? Is it just the three mentioned in my July 17 post?Frank
Hi RobIn view of our time difference, I am assuming that these 3 amendments are all that you need. Let me know if you want any others.Each version has 2 panel.cfg files. Amend all 4 as follows (by copy/paste):under [window 12] Overhead Panelsdelete 'position=0'.add these lines after 'zorder=30':window_size=0.300,0.950 //Rob modwindow_pos=0.350,0.000 //Rob modunder [window 30] FWD Pedestal Panelsposition=8 is OKadd this line after 'zorder=11':window_size=0.150,0.500 //Rob modunder [window 34] CDUchange 'position=8' to 'position=6'that will bring it up on the left of the 3 screens.add this line after 'zorder=40':window_size=0.150,0.950 //Rob modThe references to 'Rob mod' is so that you can see which are your amendments,should you wish to work on the file again.Hope this helpsFrank

Regards

Frank Jones

Hello frank and thanks for the info. Sorry bout the delay but real life got in the way (don't ya just hate when that happens :-) ) I will give this a go and let you know. Thanks again and I WILL report back

Rob Grant

I was happy to read the discussion, because I had some similar problems. But my problem is, that when I try to open the mainpanel Through Views or through hitting number '1' I get a black lowerpart of the screen, where the mainpanel should occur and at the same time the cursor/glass is starting to flicker. All other panels (by resizing them earlier and save it in that way) appear nice without mentioned problem.I get this error in 737-800 but also at the 747 and all other similar planes.I use the Radeon 5870Does anyone know why the mainpanel got replaced by a black screen as you can see below?Thanks very much!Regards,Edmainpanel.JPG

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,
Ed Koorevaar

Hi Ed Keypress shift+1 is to Window00. That is called the Dumpp Panel by iFly - I can't think why, but it seems appropriate to me :-). Why would you want to call that up? I have rewritten my panel.cfg so that each of the available 9 keypresses give me what I want. However I left that as it is and take care never to call it up. This pic of my keypad will show you how I have it. The first position coloured red means - don't touch.

Regards

Frank Jones

Hello frank and thanks for the info. Sorry bout the delay but real life got in the way (don't ya just hate when that happens :-) ) I will give this a go and let you know. Thanks again and I WILL report back
took a bit longer than anticipated but thanks to you the MD11 is now flyable!

Rob Grant

Hi Rob I'm very pleased to hear that. Glad to have been a help.

Regards

Frank Jones

HiI have tried to change this in my iFLY panel.normal/panel.cfg as you can see below. Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong please? There are no changes visible. only a black area where the mainpanel should appear. And the mouse went crazy again.Thanks very much for your help. Regards,Ed-------------------------------------------[Window Titles]Window00=Dummp PanelWindow01=Captain's VFR PanelWindow02=First Officer's VFR PanelWindow03=Yokewindow04=Throttle Quadrantwindow05=Forward Overhead Panelwindow06=After Overhead Panelwindow07=After Electronic Panelwindow08=Captain's CDUwindow09=Panel SelectorWindow10=Captain's IFR PanelWindow11=First Officer's IFR Panelwindow12=First Officer's CDUwindow13=CAPT PFD POPUPwindow14=FO PFD POPUPwindow15=CAPT ND POPUPwindow16=FO ND POPUPwindow17=CAPT UPPER DU POPUPwindow18=CAPT LOWER DU POPUPwindow19=FO UPPER DU POPUPwindow20=FO LOWER DU POPUPWindow21=FS2Crew Main PanelWindow22=FS2Crew Configuration PanelWindow23=FS2Crew Marshaller PanelWindow24=FS2Crew PA PanelWindow25=FS2Crew FA PanelWindow26=FS2Crew Briefing Panel[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.0, 0.0, 0.0 [Window00]window_size = 1.000, 1.000 to 0.300, 0.950window_pos = 0.000, 0.000 to 0.350, 0.000background_color=0,0,0size_mm=1280,1024position=6visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELzorder=0gauge00=iFly737-800!System, 0, 0,32,32,NORMALgauge01=iFly737-800!VC, 32, 0,32,32,NORMAL [Window01]window_size = 1.000, 1.000 to 0.300, 0.900window_pos = 0.000, 0.000 to 0.350, 0.050background_color=0,0,0size_mm=1280,1024position=6visible=1ident=10155window_size=1,1zorder=1

Ed Koorevaar

Hi JonahbirdThanks for your reply. I had not seen it, I think I had forgotten to hit the button that I would be informed as soon someone is replying....I thought calling that panel is the same as in other planes, calling the mainpanel. But ok I understand that this one should not be used. Thanks. But you also see my last post, that I also get cray mouse movements with Hourglass when I hot for example the Captains VFR panel and some more of them.I hope you can give me a glue for this too :-)BTW Jonahbird how did you made that fantastic pushbuttonpanel?Again thanks an very best regards from the Netherlands,Ed

Ed Koorevaar

Hi Ed window_size = 1.000, 1.000 to 0.300, 0.900window_pos = 0.000, 0.000 to 0.350, 0.050You have this under Window00 and Window01. Those instructions will not work - they will confuse if anything. The lines should bewindow_size = 0.300, 0.900window_pos = 0.350, 0.050 As it happens I use neither of those, but that would certainly change the sizes and positions. My keypad has been a most valuable tool for me for some years. It is now marketed as X-keys. Follow this URL http://www.xkeys.com/xkeys/xkpro.php

Regards

Frank Jones

Hi Jonahbird,

I know this is an old thread but I am hoping you might still be around and might be able to help. I have the same problem as mentioned here - I have 3 monitors in Eyefinity, at 5760 x 1080. I run fsx in windowed mode, with the window slightly smaller so that I can access panels behind it (AISmooth, STb etc).

I have always suffered the same flickering cursor problem, and usually manage to solve it by trial and error. For example I have solved the problem in my Skyhawk and have saved a backup of the panel.cfg with all the extra gauges it contains, so in that aircraft all views work fine.

But recently I have been practicing in the default Bell 206B, and no matter what I do, I just can not get rid of the flickering cursor. I know I could just avoid switching to that view, but like you I like to edit and fix things till they work properly. I do not want to scroll through the views and accidently hit this problem during a flight, which I am bound to do if I don't fix it.

Do you have any idea why this aircrafts panel should be so difficult to fix compared to the Cessna? I have even stripped all gauges out leaving just the main view, then tried  every combination of window_ratio, window_size, window_pos, but all to no avail.

If you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Keith

OK, I have finally found another MUCH EASIER way to solve this & stop it from happening WooHooo!

Since I never use the main panel view that causes the problem, I went to my cameras.cfg and changed this view.

I edited [CameraDefinition.001] to look exactly the same as [CameraDefinition.002].

Now when I rotate through the views, I no longer get the view that causes the flicker.

I think I will make another post in case others are still suffering, as I know this has been a long standing bug.