Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

RealAir Turbine Duke

"flap_motor=0, 5, 12 //default 4,5,12

gear_motor=0, 5, 12 //default 4,5,12"

good to know and far better this way !

grazie mille my friend

Found an odd behaviour of the tank selectors. When selected 'On' either engine get their fuel from *both* fuel tanks. I assumed that left engine will be fed by left fuel tank and so on. Selectors to crossfeed works perfect.

So I used the logging of FSUIPC to have a peek whats going on. Logging reads that fuel selector uses key parameter FUEL_SELECTOR_ALL (FUEL_SELECTOR_2_ALL for right sel.) when set to 'On'. Furthermore found an other confirmation in 'InitVars.xml' (inside RASDukeT.cab - panel folder). Fuel selector parameters will be set to FUEL_SELECTOR_(2)_ALL when system not in 'cold&dark' mode.

Is this correct modelled according to the real world plane?

radukettankselectorevid.th.jpg

BTW RA's B60 shows the same behaviour.

First off this it the single best addon I've ever purchased. And I am so exited that I managed to stumble on the cockpit sound effects, anywhoo 1 problem I'm having. Whenever I'm climbing out of an airport and I enter clouds at around 12k feet or so my right engine ALWAYS shuts down and will not restart unless i unclick the failure from the aircraft realism settings. I have my anti icing setup as windshield, both Pitot's and it seems to happen when I turn on the fuel vents. Is there something I'm missing here?

And yes I turned off all the random and overstress failures in the Real Air Turbine Duke config app.

Solo: Make sure that your oil cooler vents are open (left arm rest panel, two switches), and that you dont go over red line for too long on ITT (or trq. for that matter). Sounds like your burning up those big puppies on climb out. I believe they can burn up even with random ovr. strs. off.

I think I figured out that FSCaptian was causing the problem. I turned off the icing causes engine flame out and haven't had an issue since. Back to flying this great bird.

First off this it the single best addon I've ever purchased.

Try their Legacy as well... I prefer it over the T Duke now :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi all, as many of us already said. Great aircraft. Now quick question. When i load the plane it makes that sound as if it was dropping the wheels on the rwy and a little jerk. But the problem is it doesnt just do it once, it keeps doing it as if it was being relocated on a different airport. All of this happens on the single rwy and even sometimes during rollout. Anyone know anything about this?

Also when i apply power to takeoff the plane yaws to the left, both engines going at once.

Thanks in advance!

Hey all. I absolutely love the Turbine Duke but I'm having trouble getting my head around the power settings for takeoff and climb, in particular the application of power on the ground to commence the take off roll.

Would anyone be willing to give me a quick example (with numbers and written prose) for me to look at? I read the Flying Guide with the T.Duke but I still don't understand how to apply the power properly on the ground (and what numbers the settings should be at).

Take Off (for me)

brakes on.

S L OW L Y apply power to 1000 TRQ (top two gauges). Watch ITT. On hot days, you'll have to use less TRQ as you should never cross red line on ITT.

release brakes... hold on.

80 to 100 IAS, light pressure on the yoke to get airborn. (no flaps are needed BTW).

Tap brakes, Gear up.

Reduce prop RPM's to 2100

Reduce TRQ to 800 to 900. This will give you a good 1500 FPM climb without overspeeding.

climb to preferred alt.

Reduce prop RPM's to 2000

Reduce TRQ to 800 to 900.

Best alt is between 28,000 and 32,000

Average TAS will be between 275 and 330.

The

it makes that sound as if it was dropping the wheels on the rwy

I get this too with the duke, and other planes... all you have to do is reset the Baro with the "B" key, and it goes away. You might have to do it when changing from inside view, to outside, even if you've been at the airport for awhile.

I haven't tried (RXP user), but, if you're lucky, you just have to use the GPS gauge name from the panel.cfg of the Legacy in the Duke's panel.cfg. Leave the rest unchanged and backup the current cfg first.

Is there anyway to use two RXP 530's (without cross-fill) in the Turbine Duke without purchasing the RXP Unlimited package?

I don't think so.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |