Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

RealAir Turbine Duke

I will look for that hole later. As said, I've never seen it so far, so it may not be a big problem for me.But on the price, the T Duke is at 35 Euros, not? The normal one is 32 and only if you want to have both that's some 46. True, the Katana is cheaper, but some Accusim planes or the Flight1 C182 come in higher, so I personally think that 35 are ok for that plane. As said, pricing is personal preference big time. She's a nice one for sure, fun to fly and the gauges alone are worth watching.Edited. I've found my old receipts. There you go, the taxes have to be added, so you are right. I had some 64 Dollars on the piston Duke back then. Close to 49 Euros. However, still a good buy for me.

Edited by CoolP

For the few that preferred to stay with the older Turbine Duke versionDUKE Turbine Cockpit sound package for the DUKE Initial Release and V1.1 is now available.(PLEASE NOTE: this will not properly work in the latest Turbine version 1.2 and Neither will it work in the PISTON Duke -if you add it to newer versions of Turbine duke or the PISTON DUKE you are doing it on your own accord )if you not sure about your version: open the aircraft.cfg file of the Turbine Duke and see first section were it will be displayed as follows and there should be NO reference to a Version 1.2. Most probably it will look like this below. The version 1.2 have a specific line stating it as Version 1.2

//Release Candidate 7.0 Feb27th 2011//CONVENTIONAL RUDDER STEERING VERSION// ****************************************************************//  Beechcraft Duke Turbine by RealAir Simulations (tm)

http://www.mediafire...7t41yr9449tyomc

Edited by bliksimpie

JB, Thanks so much! Just awesome!!!!Glen

Just lift your head up a bit and maybe move a little forward. You can see it if you look over the glareshield. Pretty huge hole there. I can post a screenshot if this is allowed to show it. I haven't flown that Duke myself yet but this issue has been discussed in another forum. And I must admit that I demand perfection at that price. And a proper model/VC without holes is part of it.About the price. I - totally personally - find it grossly overpriced. The Turbine Duke pretty much would hit me with 42 Euros.
Well if you havent flown the duke you dont know what you missingDont know where you got your prices from but last time I checked Duke pricesTurbine Duke = Price:€34.95 (if you already own Duke B60: €23.95)Piston Duke = Full Version: €34.95 (if you already own Turbine Duke: €20.95)Package deal BOTH for = Price: €45.90 -- NOW that is 2 planes with each own unique flying characteristics and boy o boy they are way different planes and cant even be compared apart from general looks.. So per plane it is actually cheaper then the Katana you use for your price comparison.So sorry mate I think you need to redo some of your calculations..!!Anyway even at purchasing only the Turbine duke, it is worth every sent for me and would in fact be willing to pay even more for what I get from realair, knowing I have one of the best developers behind it, not to mention the above par support.. You not only buying a plane, you buy a package and people tend to forget that. So in bigger context of things I think I have more then found it very reasonable Edited by bliksimpie

Well this prices you mentioned are without tax. Maybe I'll get the Duke one day but I just picked up the Katana 4x anyway during the VFR sale at 20% off at less than 20 Euros before tax. So I can't afford the Duke anyway atm.

Well this prices you mentioned are without tax. Maybe I'll get the Duke one day but I just picked up the Katana 4x anyway during the VFR sale at 20% off at less than 20 Euros before tax. So I can't afford the Duke anyway atm.
Katana 4x is best for VFR training..I wish there would be same offer when I bought it, but even full price, it worth every penny. Realair is also worth its price, it is double price of Katana 4x, however, it is more complex aircraft, and best for IFR training.

Thank you Bliksimpie

Edited by Spook

Sorry mate all inclusive..!! Dont know where you buy..!!PLEASE GET YOUR FACT STRAIGHT - Stop making excuses.. If you want to put money in the middleman pocket your welcome.. I buy direct from realair..!ALL INCLUSIVE MATE..!! What you see here is what you pay..realair.jpg Edited by bliksimpie

I did try exactly that. And RealAir charges 19% tax on top of that as they have to. It all depends on the country you are coming from. And I have the bad luck too pay 19% on top of that. The result is the same as the price on Simmarket at ~42.What's the problem with you and your aggressive attitude anyway? Why accusing me of not getting my facts right if you don't know what you're taking about yourself?

Well then realair pricing is not the issue, but your country TAX is the problem inflating it and therefore you also suppose to add 19% to the katana price if you wanna compare apples with apples.. If realair is to add 19% afterward then there seem to be a huge problem as they should then state so on their product page and list price.. So I dont believe your little strory that realair add on another 19% afterward.. That is why I have the attitude I have because you are bringing people under the wrong impression here.it really does not matter how you wanna argue your point... It is flawed and every time you just making a bigger mistake with your assumptions

Edited by bliksimpie

As stated here, my piston Duke came in at some 64 Dollars, that's some 49 Euros. That's the price I've paid back then. The T Duke 'upgrade' addon later came in at some 29 Euros for me. Now, the price on e. g. the Katana was 28 Euros. All of those values mentioned of course include the taxes, one can't and shouldn't avoid them, right?Please don't blame countries for raising taxes, but compare the prices the individual has to pay. The reference value will always be the product price itself, which is lower at e. g. the Katana and equally high or higher on other products. So I did get Private-Cowboy's point and fully agree to the 'lets keep it polite' view. :smile:Some websites allow the final price to be looked at before paying, some others state the one without local taxes and may, on the first view, not come in that clear on this additional invoice item.I'd still say that the Duke is worth the money, but, as said, that impression is purely based on personal preferences and it's hard to discuss those, not?

Allright guys, the price is 34.95 euro plus VAT. What I paid is, 34.95 euro PLUS VAT for Turbine Duke. Cheers.VAT rate depends on your country. Let say your country VAT rate is 15%, so you will pay 40.20 euro.

Edited by Coban

I think the duke is a great plane and I did not say any different. And no matter if or how many tax you have to pay on top, our does not change the relations between the addons - meaning the duke will always be significantly more expensive than a katana and pretty much as expensive as an accusimmed a2a. And that is overpriced in my opinion as both alternatives mentioned offer more in respect to system simulation and realism.That does not mean that the duke is not a great plane. It's just the reason why I never dared to go ahead with the purchase. The major issue with the store from realair using swreg is, that you only get to know the price at the last possible moment as taxes are only added at the last step of purchase.P.s.: in which country dhl you not pay any VAT? Even state taxes should make the duke more expensive than the store makes you believe at first.Anyway I did not want to spark such a discussion. Sorry for that.Does realair know about the hole and is intending to fix it?

Edited by Private-Cowboy