Sign in to follow this  
BoeingGuy

Microsoft Flight Webisode #3

Hey guys,Microsoft has posted this new webisode of "Flight" to their showcase. I don't know if it'll be on the actual Flight website itself, but nevertheless, enjoy!http://www.microsoft.com/showcase/en/us/details/098672e6-98fc-43b6-92f5-b424696e40ccPersonally I love the new mountain scenery but I want to start seeing more than just scenery, such as atmosphere, airliners, etc.What are your thoughts?

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

I know Microsoft & Google aren't the best of friends but, would it be too much to ask that they set up a MSFlight Youtube channel? Either that or develop a Silverlight plug-in for Android? Really don't want to head downstairs at 4:50am (GMT) :(Edit: I'll let you know my thoughts after some well needed kip. (not that there's much point, nearly daytime here in Blighty)

Looks like FSX to me, same autogen popping! This is obviously an updated FSX and not a new engine.

Matthew S

Saw this video a few days ago.I think Flight is looking great...the water, trees and their shadows, ground textures, aircraft shadowing...it's all awesome! :(@MatthewS: Flight is in development...I'm sure they are working on the scenery engine still.

Brandon Filer

Looks awesome to me. I'm really looking forward to this. My CH products yoke and pedals are at the ready!

Looks great, dense auto-gen, realistic textures, they seem to be taking their time with development which is good. I do have one complaint thoug, who chose the music! it's casiorific.

What are your thoughts?
I like what I see. great terrain. wonderful water. looks promising

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Guest veeray

After 5 years I'll just take it for the fact it was compiled with dx11 and windows 7 in mind. I can't wait to see the disappointed face on XP users.

Looking good, but I'm growing a little weary of Hawaii. Need to see some urban areas, or maybe rural areas that FSX decided were deserts.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

I can't wait to see the disappointed face on XP users.
I've read this several times and am curious. Are you saying it will make you happy for folks to be disappointed? Perhaps I did not read this right, and if so, I apologize. I hope Flight will run on XP even if I don't get all the bells and whistles. I look forward to this as to all of them.My first was some twenty five years back and over the years each release has brought me something new. My current computer is doing just fine for normal uses and runs FSX with many sliders way to the right. If it gets me some improvement and I can crank up the weather (now I really get low FPS with heavy weather) I will be happy.PhillPS - I may have fifteen years or only a couple of years left, so yes I hope it's released soon. :(

I've read this several times and am curious. Are you saying it will make you happy for folks to be disappointed? Perhaps I did not read this right, and if so, I apologize. I hope Flight will run on XP even if I don't get all the bells and whistles. I look forward to this as to all of them.My first was some twenty five years back and over the years each release has brought me something new. My current computer is doing just fine for normal uses and runs FSX with many sliders way to the right. If it gets me some improvement and I can crank up the weather (now I really get low FPS with heavy weather) I will be happy.PhillPS - I may have fifteen years or only a couple of years left, so yes I hope it's released soon. :(
I agree with you Phil. Why would you want see fellow simmers disappointed.Very strange.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I agree with you Phil. Why would you want see fellow simmers disappointed.Very strange.Andy
I think maybe what veeray was digging at is that software development (in this case FLIGHT) is often held back by the need to be backwards compatible.Bryan.

Guest veeray
I've read this several times and am curious. Are you saying it will make you happy for folks to be disappointed? Perhaps I did not read this right, and if so, I apologize. I hope Flight will run on XP even if I don't get all the bells and whistles. I look forward to this as to all of them.
Well Flight is suppose to help Games for Windows... part of that is selling more copies of Windows 7. I say I'm going to enjoy it because when it comes time I'm sure people will come up with the wild and clever complaints on why their 10 year OS should run the latest Windows titles.

I think maybe what veeray was digging at is that software development (in this case FLIGHT) is often held back by the need to be backwards compatible.Bryan.
perhaps .. but not even close to what was written.

After 5 years I'll just take it for the fact it was compiled with dx11 and windows 7 in mind. I can't wait to see the disappointed face on XP users.
Why?Pretty childish statement, but I can't say I am surprised having read some of your other posts.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.