Sign in to follow this  
BoeingGuy

Microsoft Flight Webisode #3

FS9 looks pretty, FSX looks pretty, Flight looks pretty. The big question is, will it look pretty on the inside... as well as on the outside. Can't say I'm terribly impressed by this or any of the videos.What we all want to know, is MS going to address the well documented problems. I'd want to know more about that and see less teaser videos of the middle of nowhere.:(

Mike...

Looks better than anything Microsoft has made before in the flight simulator series, but it didn't give me goosebumps. I got a feeling that Microsoft has gotten stuck in a certain way to code their simulator. Right now I'm way more impressed with the latest Outerra video: http://outerra.blogspot.com/2011/02/ocean-rendering.htmlThere's just something about Outerra that makes Flight look dated even before it has been released.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Looks better than anything Microsoft has made before in the flight simulator series, but it didn't give me goosebumps. I got a feeling that Microsoft has gotten stuck in a certain way to code their simulator. Right now I'm way more impressed with the latest Outerra video: http://outerra.blogs...-rendering.htmlThere's just something about Outerra that makes Flight look dated even before it has been released.
+ 10I have followed Outerra for a long time now and let me tell you something....the day will come when somebody will make a Flight simulator using Outerra engine and starting that day they will be laughing their heads off all the way to the bank, don't care how good Flight will look.The main dev. looking at it right now are in the flight simulation business , NDA........Flight is not out yet and we don't know when it will be out but looking at the vid. it's easy to see that they are working on the old FSX to make it Flight, I'm welling to wait for Outerra BIG time, until then I'll use FSX.....with 3rd party scenery FSX ain't that bad after all.

Don't get me wrong. I'll be getting Flight for sure, but I'm sure it will feel like buying a Toyota when what you really want is a BMW...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Don't get me wrong. I'll be getting Flight for sure, but I'm sure it will feel like buying a Toyota when what you really want is a BMW...
I understand, as for me I'll be waiting a little to see what kind or feedback we will be getting from Flight.I'm just not sure of how good Flight will be over FSX since they are reworking the same stuff.

You really want a BMW for the price of a Toyota?

You really  want a BMW for the price of a Toyota?
Price of a bicycle .....

Speaking of Outerra....look at the visual effect over and on the water and far away over the sea....shadow effect on the plane...I have to say that I will never get in a plane with this pilot...ever...Nail%20Biting.gif

Mixed feelings...It looks like more densely packed autogen with some water effects that REX/ASX/FEX cannot give us in FSX.I also noticed a brief shadow moving across the wind during the flight... perhaps cloud or terrain shadowing?Still I have my hopes up for something yummy!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Mixed feelings...It looks like more densely packed autogen with some water effects that REX/ASX/FEX cannot give us in FSX.I also noticed a brief shadow moving across the wind during the flight... perhaps cloud or terrain shadowing?Still I have my hopes up for something yummy!
I understand, keep in mind that this is just Outerra...can you think of this engine with some good 3rd party scenery........there is more shadow effect here....cockpit shadow also..Big%20Grin.gif

+ 10I have followed Outerra for a long time now and let me tell you something....the day will come when somebody will make a Flight simulator using Outerra engine and starting that day they will be laughing their heads off all the way to the bank, don't care how good Flight will look.The main dev. looking at it right now are in the flight simulation business , NDA........Flight is not out yet and we don't know when it will be out but looking at the vid. it's easy to see that they are working on the old FSX to make it Flight, I'm welling to wait for Outerra BIG time, until then I'll use FSX.....with 3rd party scenery FSX ain't that bad after all.
I think your doing Microsoft a huge disservice - ok outerra has slopped runways, dense trees and clear, scalable computer scenery. Outerra can look pretty, but others would say its pretty mundane. All the examples I've seen make it look like very old fasion CGI graphics, Tron of the FS world (and not the new version either) not a world I wouldn't want to explore it at all. Also simmerhead, i like your posts and I know you do recognise the work Microsoft are doing - but I do remember you saying Flight looked cartoonish.... You can't get any more disney than outerra LOL. Please don't get me wrong, outerra's ok but its far from anything real regards SIM'ing is concerned - its modelling in the vids is very basic, and based on graphics its still no DCS A-10C Warthog.Cheers,Dave.

I'm not comparing Outerra with FSX, what I am saying is give this engine to a 3rd party scenery makers and let see what would happen.....like I said before the main players interested in Outerra engine are all in the flight simulation business....Outerra is not I repeat NOT in the scenery business.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.