Sign in to follow this  
Richard99_Photography

Wilco Airbus Series volume 1 & 2 Evolution released

"..because above all else - caveat emptor.."Well except for consumer protection legislation and the requirement that a product be of marketable quality, not contravene the various Trade Description Acts, and so forth.http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/

so, its really that bad eh? to be quite honest, i really expected more functionality from the panel and also the ND to draw "curves" when going from one waypoint to another, that is all i really wanted, since i have merged the wilco panel with the project airbus plane. its a shame really, i really hope there is going to be a service pack or something, then maybe i will consider buying this product. but after reading the reviews, i think i will continue to fly the deluxe version and have a peace of mind here.what i dont understand here is that why is it always the Airbus planes that always have these issues and not the Boeing planes like the PMDG 747 or the 737?

so, its really that bad eh? to be quite honest, i really expected more functionality from the panel and also the ND to draw "curves" when going from one waypoint to another, that is all i really wanted, since i have merged the wilco panel with the project airbus plane. its a shame really, i really hope there is going to be a service pack or something, then maybe i will consider buying this product. but after reading the reviews, i think i will continue to fly the deluxe version and have a peace of mind here.what i dont understand here is that why is it always the Airbus planes that always have these issues and not the Boeing planes like the PMDG 747 or the 737?
I can say about this in one particular way, it's because of the developers. Talk about Boeing,take a look at Wilco's 777 and you will see.Captain Sim and Qualitywings struggled with their 757 when it came out but they managed to sort it all out (kind of), at least satisfied their customers and not like Wilco or Airsimmer.But I agree with you that there are more "usable" Boeings than Airbuses in Flight Simulator's market.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Guest christopher barbas
"caveat emptor.."
Exactlyand that's why forums must be free of mind to share opinions of each other.Forums = explanation for "Wilco"!CU

The Airbus is a really popular aircraft and I think that's why there could be so much candor about the issue. We all wish there was a suitable add-on for the Bus out there. However in this instance, regardless of this fact, the Wilco move with this Airbus Series Evolution "product" or rather cheap paid non-working patch has been appalling not to say a complete rip-off from a product that already presented problems. I can't help but wonder:Are they going to leave it like this? Are they going to charge for a future upgrade to fix this? Is what has happened legal in the UK or anywhere else? Are they going to come out and say something about it? Do they really think we are all stupid? They could at least pull it from their website and throw it into the trash, leave the old one as it is, apologise to their customers and give a voucher for the value we spent so we can get something else that's useful, perhaps a little entertaining or that works, if they sell such a thing.Never been so let down from the purchase of a product that I, and I'm sure many of us simmers, waited for so long and so eagerly. I think these Wilco people had a bumpy ride due to the non working weather radar, crappy rudder and non-smooth lateral navigation track display; also lost their descending profile coming down at 7000ft per minute, and when they were just about to land with great effort and cross wind, they forgot they had crappy rudder and crashed at all of us in the face! ""Too low terrain, flaps, too low terrain, retard, retard, retard!"

Now after all this, have we learned our lesson yet? When a bunch of say "don't buy this product" please listen to us. We could have saved you some money that could have been invested towards are product worth the money!

No legal system in the entire world is going to do anything about some little software program, for some slightly larger software program called FS. File a claim and watch them laugh right back at you! Any legal/ customer rights system is more interested in the bigger fish in the sea!!

I can say about this in one particular way, it's because of the developers. Talk about Boeing,take a look at Wilco's 777 and you will see.Captain Sim and Qualitywings struggled with their 757 when it came out but they managed to sort it all out (kind of), at least satisfied their customers and not like Wilco or Airsimmer.But I agree with you that there are more "usable" Boeings than Airbuses in Flight Simulator's market.
Too true. In terms of a PMDG level addon it looks like the ubiquitous-in-the-real-world-but-sadly-absent-from-fs Airbus saga may only end in FSX with Flighsim Labs. Sadly, barring another late in life miracle like an iFly737 I doubt we'll ever see it in fs9.

Regards,

Mark

....for all of you who won't accept the remarks which have been repeated time and again, you are my favorite types. Read these forums and others and don't let emotions get in the way of sound judgement. If it gets bad marks which is really what I am looking for, then I stay away, thats how things get better. You support junk, you will get junk, and yes I have made a few mistakes over the years, but all in all very few. Look for what the product does not say it will do and that will go along way in saving you a few bucks and possible disappointment. I have already given my comments regarding this product and wish I had left it on the shelf, one of my few mistakes.

Does anyone know what fixes or patches they have on the version 1b? I have noticed they have released it but does list wot is in the update?

The Airbus is a really popular aircraft and I think that's why there could be so much candor about the issue. We all wish there was a suitable add-on for the Bus out there. However in this instance, regardless of this fact, the Wilco move with this Airbus Series Evolution "product" or rather cheap paid non-working patch has been appalling not to say a complete rip-off from a product that already presented problems. I can't help but wonder:Are they going to leave it like this? Are they going to charge for a future upgrade to fix this? Is what has happened legal in the UK or anywhere else? Are they going to come out and say something about it? Do they really think we are all stupid? They could at least pull it from their website and throw it into the trash, leave the old one as it is, apologise to their customers and give a voucher for the value we spent so we can get something else that's useful, perhaps a little entertaining or that works, if they sell such a thing.Never been so let down from the purchase of a product that I, and I'm sure many of us simmers, waited for so long and so eagerly. I think these Wilco people had a bumpy ride due to the non working weather radar, crappy rudder and non-smooth lateral navigation track display; also lost their descending profile coming down at 7000ft per minute, and when they were just about to land with great effort and cross wind, they forgot they had crappy rudder and crashed at all of us in the face! ""Too low terrain, flaps, too low terrain, retard, retard, retard!"
Its a shame really, we fly more Boeing than Airbus and the most popular airbus aircraft, in general, is the A320 or the A330, in general, since a lot of them are flown worldwide. I know that everyone expected big of Wilco, but you have to realise, that they were the only people that pulled off a legitimate airbus plane and it works (im talking of course the deluxe version). Go try airsimmer and see how it handles, right now, there are more doubters (more like and angry mob) in that project of theirs than wilco. Perhaps, maybe they will launch a service pack, im sure they can see their faults. they launched a SP with the deluxe version.In my opinion, i really thought wilco should fix their models in the evolution pack, so that they look more like airbus aircraft.For me however, im just waiting for the day that a functioning A330 comes out with systems, because i am tired of merges.:(

Its a shame really, we fly more Boeing than Airbus and the most popular airbus aircraft, in general, is the A320 or the A330, in general, since a lot of them are flown worldwide. I know that everyone expected big of Wilco, but you have to realise, that they were the only people that pulled off a legitimate airbus plane and it works (im talking of course the deluxe version). Go try airsimmer and see how it handles, right now, there are more doubters (more like and angry mob) in that project of theirs than wilco. Perhaps, maybe they will launch a service pack, im sure they can see their faults. they launched a SP with the deluxe version.In my opinion, i really thought wilco should fix their models in the evolution pack, so that they look more like airbus aircraft.For me however, im just waiting for the day that a functioning A330 comes out with systems, because i am tired of merges.:(
The other Airbus fiascos, jeez! Let's not even talk about that! But it is true, Wilco seems to be the only "scratching the surface" Airbus out there (I really hate those unrealistic 6000 fpm dives and not being able to use the keyboard to steer in flight!). However, it's not an excuse for poor customer support and more than anything, charging us to fix their own mess and creating even more mess with this upgrade. I feel like a beta-tester who pays to be a beta-tester, ha!. I really hope one day Wilco or FeelThere...or anybody for cryst sake will release a descent Airbus with full systems implementation, something like Level-D has done with the 767 or something like will hopefully come out of PMDG with the 737-800NGX...speaking of which, I can't wait to play with that toy, I hope it will be all as promised, it better be or all of us in this thread will look like babies crying for more titt milk in comparison to the rage that will unfold. haha. I will still continue flying the Wilco Airbus every once in a while on Vatsim, but if the NGX turns out to be a killer, Wilco will slowly become dusty on my add-ons collection and perhaps eventually die out. One thing is for sure, I won't ever buy anything from Wilco or FeelThere again, at least until I see some reference of remarkable improvement in customer support and quality of their products. mmmh, hahaha..Let's see what PMDG delivers with the NGX and Flightsimlabs' with their A320!cheers

...One thing is for sure, I won't ever buy anything from Wilco or FeelThere again, at least until I see some reference of remarkable improvement in customer support and quality of their products. mmmh, hahaha..Let's see what PMDG delivers with the NGX and Flightsimlabs' with their A320!cheers
Why bash Feel There ? They have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the "Evolution" and their product line of Embraers (and support) are superb (IMHO).Unfortunately the NGX and FlightSim Labs 320 have no effect on anyone flying FS9 :(

WAT1460.png

Why bash Feel There ? They have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the "Evolution" and their product line of Embraers (and support) are superb (IMHO).
Very true, however the argument could be made that had Feelthere patched up their Airbus line (like many of us here believe they should have) there would have been no need for this upgrade at all. Rightly or wrongly, people here are mostly buying this 'upgrade' hoping that it will be in fact a 'patch' for all the systems. And to be fair Wilco is implying a patch of existing systems by showing a mapview of a holding pattern (on their purchase page), which they show to be stable. One would infer from this that the autopilot glitches had been addressed, extending hopefully to things like managed descent, etc.I glad you have experienced good customer service from Feelthere - many of us here have had the exact opposite experience. I personally found nagging deficiencies in the Embraer line (the first round, not the new ones - not going to chance another purchase regret) and the manuals (especially). Any request for updates on either were either met by stony silence, or outright disdain.- daniel

Whilst I cant fail to disagree that the fraudulent re-marketing of the Feelthere Airbus is a disgrace and Wilco deserve to be very severely smacked, lets not forget that the original, faux-Airbus-behaving, probably rushed-to-finish-and-release package was a Feelthere product - and the only thing we can blame Wilco for in that regard is continuing to push a product that the market told them was sub-standard. The "support" - often rude, often blaming the customer for not "understanding" the product, and mostly useless - was Feelthere´s responsability and not Wilco´s, surely.So yes, lets bash Wilco for their shameless attempt to trick people and make more money from a poor product, but lets not forget - as others have mentioned here in recent posts - that the Feelthere E-Jets were really pretty darned good right out of the box and apparently the Embraers even better. It would be a shame that newbies might be put off from checking out these two products just because the publisher is a ****.And their new site? I suppose if you give enough monkeys enough computers and time they will eventually be able to produce a website. Its a shame that Wilco forgot to tell the monkeys to keep their eyes open and their brains working. Well done chaps - you shot yourselves in the foot again.