Sign in to follow this  
Eamonn Watson

New Airplane

Hey all,I hope all is well. So in case you missed it, the 747-8i is now a flying airplane :) They just need to fly a few more and i can fly this airplane again next year, but legally. Nice bird.http://www.newairplane.com/747/incredible/
Hehe, good one Eamonn/Sven

Looks like they have a couple that have been flying out and about.http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE521/history/20110402/1800Z/KBFI/KBFIThere was some audio on live ATC where lots of aircraft were trying to dodge the weather but boe521 went looking for it.http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE521/history/20110320/1600Z/KBFI/KBFI

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I hope you guys don't mind if I experiment with linking to an image. I hope you find the shot not too displeasing: TotegegieApproach1.jpg

Mike Beckwith

No way to complain with a great pic like that Mike! (hi btw). Love that avatar too! Just curious... when clicking the pic, that one that comes up seems to be the same size (resolution) as the one in the post... is that the way it really "is"? Thanks,Rob

Hi Rob, If you mean the pixel size of the shot then I've gotten used to reducing my images before I post. This pic is on some web space provided by my ISP, so I could keep it in its original size without breaching the forum guidelines. Nice to see some activity on the race forum. Looking forward to getting in some RTW Race practice soon.

Mike Beckwith

Does anyone else think that the new 747 looks quite a bit like the old 747-200?edit: the 747-8F that is. The passenger version looks a bit different.

Daniel Miller

Good enough for me..I in fact like flying the 747-8 in Flightsim.. The model is easy on the frames... Now if only PMDG can change it to model the flying characteristics so its still not a 747-400 with an -8 model. :)

spacer.png

Just a note re: 747-8F. It is not race legal yet. We need 10 delivered and in service. November 2011 count stands at 5.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747-8#Orders_and_deliveries

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Hi all. Please keep track so that we know for sure by February 18. Hate to mess up on this one.--M

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hey Mike, I think Jeff and I learned our lesson.. If necessary and we fly the 747 this coming race, I'll fly the -400 unless absolutely sure the -8 is acceptable.. I just love the look of the -8 though.. :)

spacer.png

So this can be used in the race?
Once there are 10 deliveries... and no rule changes this year (waiting to see).