Sign in to follow this  
ajax6

Aivlasoft EFB vs. FSBuild vs. ?

Export function is there for most popular planes

I am long-time user of FS Commander, and am evaluating the EFB demo, mainly because I think its too complicated changing FS Commander to run on my second PC on the home network. I already tested how easy was installing EFB that way.

BUT......................

EFB's plane on the 'moving' map does not move until  every time I click the map with the mouse. That's not a Real-time app like FS Commander or the old FS Navigator that only worked with FS2004.

I must be missing something in my settings... anyone has ideas?

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

The best you can get is to have all the charts through Aivlasoft and flightplans from route finder (or any other net source). For fuel calculation you can try one of the calculators in the AVSIM library.Don't know if it applies but if Aivlasoft EFB doesn't export flightplans is a pity, as this is a very useful tool. I only tried the evaluation period and am saving money for purchasing the full license so I cannot verify it right now...

Actually EFB does export flightplans, I have been using the full program since it came out. You can also store and read via EFB all checklists etc all in one place. I have mine networked and it's perfect. Just like the name says "Electronic Flight Bag" I don't fly without it.

I am long-time user of FS Commander, and am evaluating the EFB demo, mainly because I think its too complicated changing FS Commander to run on my second PC on the home network. I already tested how easy was installing EFB that way.

BUT......................

EFB's plane on the 'moving' map does not move until  every time I click the map with the mouse. That's not a Real-time app like FS Commander or the old FS Navigator that only worked with FS2004.

I must be missing something in my settings... anyone has ideas?

Just right click the small aircraft at the bottom of the map page, it follows perfectly.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I am long-time user of FS Commander, and am evaluating the EFB demo, mainly because I think its too complicated changing FS Commander to run on my second PC on the home network

Install it on youir second PC

Install WideFS

Choose the correct destination directories.

Whats hard about that ?

Thanks for the tips and comment from SierraHotel and mad dog respectively.

(1) I installed FS Commander in the second PC quite easily. What scared me at first was that I found instructions in various places and in pieces, perhaps because there are instructions to upgrade and to install. Anyway. Not a big deal.

(2) I can see the plane moving in the map in realtime now that I know I have to click ONCE the icon of the little plane at the bottom.

I am going to continue my evaluation. Looks promising for EDFB.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

EFB Aivlasoft is for me what fulfilled all I wanted, no more chart searching, printing or download, everything is there airport, terminal area, departure, enroute, approaches. The flight planner is easy to use with Route Finder or Flight Aware, finding alternates or rerouting airports is extraordinarily simple and straightforward, all plans are saved in your FSX and most add-on airplanes flight-plans directories, AND it has the flight following on maps in real time.

I personally run the Display full screen on a laptop linked with my house network to my FSX PC, no need for any additional software or complex setup.

I have had FSBuild for years but uninstalled it when I bought EFB.

The best thing is that you don't need to believe anyone here, simply download and use the 30 days trial period, you will surely make a sound and informed decision.

Good luck!

Actually EFB does export flightplans, I have been using the full program since it came out. You can also store and read via EFB all checklists etc all in one place. I have mine networked and it's perfect. Just like the name says "Electronic Flight Bag" I don't fly without it.

That is a very old post of mine Mike!  He he he...

I've actually purchased EFB shortly after and have been flying with it since then.  One of the best purchases for FSX ever!

Honestly, IMHO, FSBuild is ancient, surprised folks still use it.

Far superior IMHO is Flight Sim Commander.

spacer.png

For all charts world update always:

http://charts.aero

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

EFB is superb. For one, it helps make sense of SIDS and STARS at complicated airports. No longer do you have to spend ages pouring over charts to try to figure out which ones fit best with your flightplan. You simply hit 'select SID/STAR' and it'll show you the preferential runway for the wind, the procedure that fits best with your arrival or departure and the respective transitions. Plus ground charts, parking, frequencies, en route maps and more. By comparison I find FS Build clunky and difficult to use.

That is a very old post of mine Mike!  He he he...

I've actually purchased EFB shortly after and have been flying with it since then.  One of the best purchases for FSX ever!

Sorry mate...I'm a slow reader :lol:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Honestly, IMHO, FSBuild is ancient, surprised folks still use it.

FSBuild was updated last year. When something works and does the job is not when you throw it out. I use it on every flight along with getting my RW route from Flight Aware. IMHO that combo can't be beat.

Bob

I have started looking at EFB as a flight planner. I have tried FS commander in the trial version and I find it a bit difficult to use when looking for sids/stars etc. From the videos I have seen on EFB it looks like a much simpler interface when setting up a flight plan. For someone starting from scratch in terms of flight planners would EFB be the way to go? Note: Flights are primarily done with pmdg 737 ngx.