Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captainklm

Vatsim with pmdg or other great add ons

Hi,I use squawkbox 4 to connect to vatsim. BUt Im having so much trouble. Partly cause the pmdg 747 wont work with it. Now I cant connect. Can someone tell me there techniques on how to connect. I already went to the vatsim forums and they have not replied yet. What I do is load up the plane into fs and then connect externally. It works but then freezes and then I have to shut it down with task maneger

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The aircraft has nothing to do with it.

It's the SB4. PMDG has nothing to do with it. Use FSInn if SB4 doesn't work for you.

Or try IVAO. No problem there :)Bert Van Bulck

There is a known bug regarding SB and PMDG 747 but i dont think this is the case.The bug is that most of the times, you dont have the needles of the VORs appearing in the PFD....FSINN works great...

You should troubleshoot your connection issues a bit deeper before you start blaming payware addon aircraft.

You should troubleshoot your connection issues a bit deeper before you start blaming payware addon aircraft.
Gents,I have been using the 744 with SB4 since it was in beta and other than the SB4 known issues the 744 works fine.

thanks everyone,Yes I went to the SB forums and they said it was SB. Could my internet connection be the problem. I currently have 10gigabits but will upgrade to 160gigabits in a month. Would that help?

Do you have power on the aircraft ?? SB4 will do nothing if the aircraft is not powered up. I use SB4, and the PMDG744 and have been for along time, no probs at all

I use FSInn... it's a pain to set up (it's a beta that they abandoned development on several years ago), but it's good once you have it working.

Do you have power on the aircraft ?? SB4 will do nothing if the aircraft is not powered up. I use SB4, and the PMDG744 and have been for along time, no probs at all
Yes I either have apu or engines
I use FSInn... it's a pain to set up (it's a beta that they abandoned development on several years ago), but it's good once you have it working.
I originally tried to download fsinn but did not go so well so I went for SB.

Did you open SB4 outside FSX ? using the icon rather then FSX's menu ??

Did you open SB4 outside FSX ? using the icon rather then FSX's menu ??
outside from the desktop

Operating system ?
windows vista 64, acer aspire desktop

I hear people keep saying how much of a pain it is to set up, but for me it was very logical and straight forward. If youre able to fly a complex plane like the B744 then you shouldnt have any sort of issues with installing FSInn. There are guides that describes the process in FSInns subforum on the vatsim forums

Fsinn is not that good on FSX in my opinion to use on Vatsim. There's a well known bug that brings outside temperatures at unreal values when you are somewhat over 20,000 feet (have you ever seen +20 Celsius at that height?).This causes your plane to behave unrealistically with never ending climbs and poor speed performance.To avoid this you have to use other weather than the one of Vatsim making (at least to me) annoying to use.I personally abandoned fsinn and started to use SB4 ever since. No pain and everything smooth like silk.

Yes
What's the error SB4 is giving you. Sounds like it may not have an updated server list. Also have you tried to reinstall it ensuring you running installer as Admin. Also, what version of FSUIPC are you running?

Fsinn is not that good on FSX in my opinion to use on Vatsim. There's a well known bug that brings outside temperatures at unreal values when you are somewhat over 20,000 feet (have you ever seen +20 Celsius at that height?).This causes your plane to behave unrealistically with never ending climbs and poor speed performance.To avoid this you have to use other weather than the one of Vatsim making (at least to me) annoying to use.I personally abandoned fsinn and started to use SB4 ever since. No pain and everything smooth like silk.
Just don't use FSInn weather.

What's the error SB4 is giving you. Sounds like it may not have an updated server list. Also have you tried to reinstall it ensuring you running installer as Admin. Also, what version of FSUIPC are you running?
The error is that it freezes my fsx, should I start SB4 before I go into the game? Thats what I did last time. Also my software, vista 64 is screwed up a bit and I can`t find the disk to fix it. Could this be the problem? I was thinking about upgrading to W7

Give FSInn a try. You'll get some great support through the VATSIM forum.

The error is that it freezes my fsx, should I start SB4 before I go into the game? Thats what I did last time. Also my software, vista 64 is screwed up a bit and I can`t find the disk to fix it. Could this be the problem? I was thinking about upgrading to W7
I start SB4 inside of FSX. If you're having OS issues I suggest fixing that first and then coming back here if your still having SB4 problems.