Sign in to follow this  
vincentrouleau

Tip: Full screen in windowed moded

Hi,Its been an expensive past 2 weeks waiting for the 737NGX. Finally got EZCA, AivlaSoft's EFB and a Logitech's G13 keypad. Must say now that I can finally be efficient in VC now. I had EFB on my iPad screen using AirDisplay and the windows menu bar was ruining my otherwise perfect setup. I installed "AutoIt" and created a small script to resize the FSX window as if it was in fullscreen:WinWait("Microsoft Flight Simulator X")WinMove("Microsoft Flight Simulator X","",-8,-30,1935,1240)I now have a fullscreen FSX while being able to touchpress EFB on my iPad screen. View control using EZCA and the G13 is great:

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Wow, I have a G13 and I've been trying to figure out how to run EFB using my iPad without running in continuous windowed mode. Are you saying that you use the G13 and this script to switch between windowed and full screen mode, or do you keep it in this "false" full screen mode all of the time?

NAX669.png

Too bad i get -10fps in windowed mode
Two options:1.-Set your task bar to hide automatically or what I do:2.- Disable Aero in windows and use a classic theme instead

I mean I keep it in "false" fullscreen all the time... With auto hide task bar.

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

How did you come up with the values for your script? Am I correct in assuming that the last two values are your screen resolution?

NAX669.png

How did you come up with the values for your script? Am I correct in assuming that the last two values are your screen resolution?
Tested the script until it matched my 1920x1200 monitor resolution

Vincent Rouleau

Tested the script until it matched my 1920x1200 monitor resolution
Yes, makes sense: -8,-30,1935,1240 indicates your side borders are 8 pixels wide (8 + 1920 + 8 = 1936), and you want 40 off the height, which must be 20 for the title bar and 10 each for top and bottom borders.So -8,-30,1936,1240 would be dead accurate, but I don't think yuou'd notice the one pixel border on the right! ;-)Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Yes, makes sense: -8,-30,1935,1240 indicates your side borders are 8 pixels wide (8 + 1920 + 8 = 1936), and you want 40 off the height, which must be 20 for the title bar and 10 each for top and bottom borders.So -8,-30,1936,1240 would be dead accurate, but I don't think yuou'd notice the one pixel border on the right! ;-)Pete
Thanks for the explanation,Pete. That makes things much easier.

NAX669.png

Guest jahman

Many, many thanks for the AutoIt bit! That's really useful! :( Suggestion: Best to explicitly fish for the window border width within AutoIt (should be possible) and then subtract from the screen size so you don't need to adjust your scripts if you ever decide to change the width of your borders. Do the same for the screen size as well!If it's not possible, you may want to define these variables (Monitor1screenSizeH, Monitor1screenSizeV, Monitor1BorderWidth) in a separate file that could be included in your scripts, then you only need to make the changes in one place and they will propagate.Just standard programming techniques.Cheers,- jahman.

Many, many thanks for the AutoIt bit! That's really useful! :( Suggestion: Best to explicitly fish for the window border width within AutoIt (should be possible) and then subtract from the screen size so you don't need to adjust your scripts if you ever decide to change the width of your borders. Do the same for the screen size as well!If it's not possible, you may want to define these variables (Monitor1screenSizeH, Monitor1screenSizeV, Monitor1BorderWidth) in a separate file that could be included in your scripts, then you only need to make the changes in one place and they will propagate.Just standard programming techniques.Cheers,- jahman.
Good idea, autoit has this "compiler" that generates an executable. I could create a generic 'fsx full screen' executable an upload it to avsim so people won't have to download and install autoit at all.

Vincent Rouleau

It would have been even more helpful to post a link to "AutoIt..." :( http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/Reaching and using the top menu bar must be a bit difficult though, being off-screen and all... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm kinda surprised no-one has "Deleted" this post, as it should really belong in the "Hints & Tips" forum.... I mean... that's what happens to hardware problem posts... doesn't it? :( :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Reaching and using the top menu bar must be a bit difficult though, being off-screen and all... :(
I didn't move the window so to hide the menu bar. I still use the 'alt' key to show/hide the menu bar, as in real fullscreen.

Vincent Rouleau

Two options:1.-Set your task bar to hide automatically or what I do:2.- Disable Aero in windows and use a classic theme instead
Can you eloborate on the 2nd item. How and where do you disable Aero? Using win7 ? Which classic theme, where? thanks.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .