Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some days progress just doesn't come easily...

Come on, guys...Begin april I heard/read you saying that you were VERY CLOSE to releasing, as we should not plan a short-term holiday! Now I am back yesterday from my holiday (9 weeks, more than 2 months later) and I have to read now that you still are weeks away!!Again I wonder why you use words like "very close"! Again, you could have known that it would take at least 3 more months (up from april). But instead you affirm a VERY CLOSE release theory ! You may not confirm a release date, fine, but stop talking about VERY CLOSE! It is not close.You're 6 months behind schedule, that's fine too. You're still weeks, maybe months away. That's far, not very close.maybe they simulate the tire pression as well: empty tanks, full tanks...??...we talk about a computer game, right...?
I was waiting for someone to say this. Heh.

Come on, guys...Begin april I heard/read you saying that you were VERY CLOSE to releasing, as we should not plan a short-term holiday! Now I am back yesterday from my holiday (9 weeks, more than 2 months later) and I have to read now that you still are weeks away!!Again I wonder why you use words like "very close"! Again, you could have known that it would take at least 3 more months (up from april). But instead you affirm a VERY CLOSE release theory ! You may not confirm a release date, fine, but stop talking about VERY CLOSE! It is not close.You're 6 months behind schedule, that's fine too. You're still weeks, maybe months away. That's far, not very close.maybe they simulate the tire pression as well: empty tanks, full tanks...??...we talk about a computer game, right...?
UGGG.. You know what all this complaining about how PMDG words their updates is going to do? Eventually we won't get updates at all. I rather get updates so please lets stop with picking them apart about the "coming soon" or "very close" Yeah obviously they ran into issues but we really are not going to get anything out of complaints over the marking strategy they choose or the wording of the update. If you feel they are treating you that badly you can always not buy from them or write them in private so the rest of us can enjoy the update threads.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Oh, nice that you get your NGX copy for free!! Guess I need to pay them to get mine, like all other customer too!!
I have to pay for mine, I do not work for them but they also do not work for me. When they release a product I can choose to buy it or not buy it, they don't owe me anything and I owe them nothing.BUT.. I understand the frustration, Hell I went and bought another product that will never be used again once this plane is released because I could not wait any longer, but with that said I think complaints over how they word their updates or market their products is better emailed in private to PMDG staff. This part does not apply to you but another complaint I have seen I used to be a admin on a large message board and what many seem to not understand is you don't have rights on a board, the staff can and will delete or modify posts at will. People seem to think they have some freedom of speech right to come into a private forum and post threads about a topic that the people that own and operate the forum clearly do not want posted, that is not the case and I think it's funny when people then go post another tread complaining that the first troll thread they made got deleted. These are not very expensive products they are selling, if they were selling real 737's then yes they probably would be doing more &@($* kissing but this is a product that is under 100 bucks, and honestly some customers are better off being x- customers.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Captains-Tonight I finished filming the video sequences I need to show you some cool features of the upcoming PMDG 737NGX, so I imagine I'll be spending some time editing them into a YouTube-able video once I clean them up and reshoot any sequences that I goofed up the first time through...I think you will like what we have in store for you with these updates, as both show some aspects of the airplane that you will really enjoy!As amazing as it seems, I had planned to shoot this video two weeks ago, but the non-stop effort to get the NGX into release candidate mode takes priority over just about everything these days. Currently the work-schedule is about 18hrs per day, so taking myself out of circulation for a day to shoot and edit videos isn't a great use of my time. The work debugging my deliverables is beginning to slow down however- so with some good fortune I'll have more time to show you some of the systems in depth now.We are still holding the wide beta team on ice- as we have a few things that we just didn't feel were ready for release. We could have kicked off the wide beta test just to be able to throw down an announcement in the forum- but at the end of the day we just don't see the value in rushing the airplane into the final verification phase when we have something we know isn't working the way we want.On a positive note- we have VNAV operating about as close to the actual airplane as it can get. VNAV is, after all, the primary pitch mode used by airline crews around the world and it *must* perform as expected or the sense of "being there" gets destroyed. One of the beautiful things about VNAV is the intelligent way that it manages the airplane through climbs and descents while providing speed protections and accurate predictions by which the airplane is flown in order to reach the altitudes that define the vertical path of flight.At PMDG we have always taken great pride on our LNAV/VNAV model, but I have to tell you that this new implementation blows the doors off of anything you have seen to date. The predictive methodology is so accurate that we were able to verify with Boeing that, in the real world the 737-800 Winglet airplane is significantly more slippery in the descent than any of her sisters. We're talking about differences of 1/10th of a degree of descent slope, but the aerodynamic forces at play on the 800 in flight are nearly perfectly simulated in the NGX. Our VNAV model is able to handle this with aplomb and the airplane flies smoothly, on speed without throwing any strange behaviors or unexpected deviations at you, the pilot.VNAV is *the* go-to pitch mode in the real world- and you'll get the same benefits of reliability and stability with the NGX.One of the other "cool" features that was implemented this week was the final version of the electrical production/consumption model. Most FS addons simplify the behavior of the electrical system on the airplane because it is VERY hard to come by the data required to do such a system in great depth. On the PMDG 737NGX, however we have a fully simulated electrical cycles/volts/amps model that you can play with in many different ways. The most obvious way to see the model at work is to turn equipment on/off while watching the amperage demand change on the overhead electrical meter. Every item on this airplane consumes some amount of amperage, and we have them modeled accurately out to the 1/1000th of an amp, based on the airplane's certification data. Don't let this spook you- however, as the airplane is designed to be operated without the pilots having in-depth knowledge of the aircraft systems. But this detail level provides you with what is simply the most accurate simulation of the airplane...Want a silly example? Okay- try this on for size:The hydraulic Electric Motor Driven Pump (EMDP) consumes a WHOPPING 7.824 amps of energy while running. But, if the same-side engine driven pump (EDP) fails or is shut down, the EMDP is left carrying a much greater workload to keep the associated hydraulic system running, so the energy consumption increases by 4.3amps to a grand total of 12.124 amps!This is a stunning amount of electrical consumption- and if you are watching the amperage load on the electrical meter, you will see this change take place just as it does on the airplane.Why is this important to model? Well, it gives you the depth of simulation experience that we all crave. The reality is that 99% of users will never notice this type of detail or have it negatively impact them in flight- but if you wanted to sit down with your real-world flight manuals- the NGX is going to act just like your manuals tell you the airplane should behave....But the TRULY nice thing about our detail, verification and testing process is that we are going to be delivering an airplane to you that is easy, dependable and FUN to fly- because it won't go wandering off in unpredictable ways, thus destroying your enjoyment of the 737 flying experience.Now- as for our release timetable- we have the window narrowed down pretty significantly- but we are still tweaking/tuning and refining- so we have a few more weeks at least. Once the wide beta team starts operating the airplane, we are VERY close to release- but for now my instinct tells me that we need just a bit more polish before we push her out to them...Stay tuned- I will give you updates as we go- but please don't panic if you don't hear from me. It simply means we are busy!Oh- one last item for those that like numbers: We are up to 610 total issues reported, with only 35 remaining unresolved at this point- so the "delta" is headed in the right direction. I looked through the open items list a few moments ago- and there are very few "big" issues pending. Most of the outstanding issue reports are for very fine detail items and options between various airline equipment. We are very close now... :(
Wrong thing to say.... I think pmdg should keep to "its ready when its ready"...

UGGG.. You know what all this complaining about how PMDG words their updates is going to do? Eventually we won't get updates at all. I rather get updates so please lets stop with picking them apart about the "coming soon" or "very close" Yeah obviously they ran into issues but we really are not going to get anything out of complaints over the marking strategy they choose or the wording of the update. If you feel they are treating you that badly you can always not buy from them or write them in private so the rest of us can enjoy the update threads.
Well, by saying the plane is coming soon, and then missing that once is one thing. To do it repeatedly is quite another. Wish I worked for an organization that would see it as acceptable to miss deadlines with such regualarity and by such vast amounts of time. At some point dicipline has to come into play here and a line has to be drawn. Delay the program another few weeks or a month to implement a slate of new features or to weak them? or say it is close enough and move forward. In my line of work I can find myself cutting a piece from now to the trumpets sound the clatter of the horsemen draw near redoing something here, adjusting cuts there, but at some point you have to say this is it, it is done move on. And for updates to be about details in certain systems that many customers of the product will not even notice is an odd way to focus time and effort.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Oh, nice that you get your NGX copy for free!! Guess I need to pay them to get mine, like all other customer too!!
Please stop this! Have a little respect for other people.. Especially for the guys at PMDG working 18 hours a day to get a product finished for YOU and all of us waiting for the NGX in patience..They have done an amazing job, we can wait a few more weeks (or even months) for the release...Enjoy these updates and please respect the people here and the people at PMDG, afterall it is them making a product for you and I.. We are lucky that folks like PMDG exists :)Best regards.

Wrong thing to say.... I think pmdg should keep to "its ready when its ready"...
We are going to loose the updates.....

Mike Avallone

maybe they simulate the tire pression as well: empty tanks, full tanks...??
I hope they simulate wings and two engines. Maybe some landing lights. Or... even a window.

Well, by saying the plane is coming soon, and then missing that once is one thing. To do it repeatedly is quite another. Wish I worked for an organization that would see it as acceptable to miss deadlines with such regualarity and by such vast amounts of time. At some point dicipline has to come into play here and a line has to be drawn. Delay the program another few weeks or a month to implement a slate of new features or to weak them? or say it is close enough and move forward. In my line of work I can find myself cutting a piece from now to the trumpets sound the clatter of the horsemen draw near redoing something here, adjusting cuts there, but at some point you have to say this is it, it is done move on. And for updates to be about details in certain systems that many customers of the product will not even notice is an odd way to focus time and effort.
I agree that the coming soon or we are close was a bit misleading, maybe that was to keep a whole ton of people from giving up and buying a certain other product, who knows. Personally I like the fact that they are putting a lot of detail in this plane that most people would not notice, I know it's a small thing but look at how you can adjust the lighting compared to a certain other 737, to me that is a big deal

Mike Avallone

So when will this video be there ?I wonder which features Robert has to show ;)

regards,

Alexander Marx

I hope they simulate wings and two engines. Maybe some landing lights. Or... even a window.
Not enough time.

Guest C4N
Lets stop the speculating here...C'mon guys, you'd honestly think we'd make the -800WL fly like the real aircraft based on the data points we have and the rest don't? Boeing is only a phone call away... By now you hafta know that PMDG stands for realism and quality, NEVER would we make one airplane model fly like the real thing and then guess the performance of the others. We have data for everything, my point being?Every model regardless of the fuselage length WILL perform like their real-life counterparts, simple as that. Lets stop worrying about details, we have ALL of that covered! :(
Thanks Jason. :(

So when will this video be there ?I wonder which features Robert has to show ;)
Hopefully something of the vc during the day. All vid's of the vc looking around it have been night vid's. There have been two vid's of the vc during the day and both staring into the HUD with no panning (minus 1.5 secs in the very first vid, could not see anything really but hud) Exterior vid's are not really that useful as the selling point for this bird are all of its features, vc and perceived pmdg quality (plus it does look nice from the outside as most add-ons do, but this one a notch-up thats for sure:) btw..are there window blinds simulated in the vc?

Simon

PMDG, Thank you for the update. I look very much forward to fly this beauty (if my rig can handle it... :()

Please stop this! Have a little respect for other people.. Especially for the guys at PMDG working 18 hours a day to get a product finished for YOU and all of us waiting for the NGX in patience..They have done an amazing job, we can wait a few more weeks (or even months) for the release...Enjoy these updates and please respect the people here and the people at PMDG, afterall it is them making a product for you and I.. We are lucky that folks like PMDG exists :)Best regards.
+1