Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some days progress just doesn't come easily...

PMDG 737 is on Vatsim. And yes, I am stalking the airplane.

Pacman was a computer game.. I don't want to play Pacman anymore, I don't even want MSFS anymore, I'm tired of addons, textures, sceneries, gadgets, etc.. all of which just give you limited satisfaction for a short time at best until you hit a new switch and nothing happens or what it does has nothing to do with what it should and that brings you back to that "mock-up" feeling were everything looks nice but you just know its unreal. I want to forget I'm in FSX, I want the best simulation of an airplane that can possibly be done in a PC, I've wanted it since 1982 when Flight Simulator 1.0 was released and the thirst for more realism began. I've been waiting 30 years (or almost) for this product and after all this time I can tell you this much: If you think of this as a "computer game" then this is the wrong product for you.You should buy another product, something simpler, because most likely you probably don't have the patience and the passion for the detail to fully enjoy a product like this. You just dont need it, dont wait for it, just get some other product that really suits you. Something that is made to be "just a computer game".I dont want that. To me NGX has to be like finding a living and breathing T-Rex sleeping by your door.. were every switch will awake a small part of the beast and you'll feel it coming to life, its heart pumping, the air coming out of its nostrils warm and humid, its eyes slowly opening.. NGX has to be be more than anything else an experience to be enjoyed and the feeling of "being there" be manifest.What the heck.. You know what? Please RSR and crew, DONT RELEASE IT YET!! DONT RELEASE IT UNTIL 2012!!Don't work 18 hours a day, what are you guys doing? Are you crazy?Take it easy, take your time, rest, share some time with your families, go take them out for dinner to some nice place, go take a nap, do whatever it takes to make you happy. And when you are completly rested and 100% ready to get back to work do it and create the most perfect creation of a 737 in a computer ever made. Don't rush it! Rushed things don't come out as perfect as things done with time and patience. And I want nothing but the absolutely best that you guys can do. I want it to be just perfect. It can't be perfect if you rush it, dont rush, go on vacations now and come back in a month. I'm sure free time will provide perspective to your work and some great ideas will improve the product even further. Do whatever it takes. Put all your computers in a locker and throw the key away, cut your internet connection, take the battery off your cellphones, go find unabomber's lost treasure, I dont care!Get your humanity back, you are not machines! One of these days you'll find yourselves writing on the forums "all resistance is futile, you'll be assimilated!"I need you guys in full capacity of your senses, I want the best NGX simulation that can be made and this get-there-itis is not a good symptom.This is not a race, its a challenge.Take your time, it'll be for the best, believe me!Joss M Garcia

And the cycle repeats itself like clockwork!Ok, let me see if I can sum up the past 6 months:Dear PMDG, thank you for all the updates you give us. We like knowing where things are at.Dear PMDG, please stop using the words 'soon, close, and vacation'.Does that about sum it up?

Pacman was a computer game.. I don't want to play Pacman anymore, I don't even want MSFS anymore, I'm tired of addons, textures, sceneries, gadgets, etc.. all of which just give you limited satisfaction for a short time at best until you hit a new switch and nothing happens or what it does has nothing to do with what it should and that brings you back to that "mock-up" feeling were everything looks nice but you just know its unreal. I want to forget I'm in FSX, I want the best simulation of an airplane that can possibly be done in a PC, I've wanted it since 1982 when Flight Simulator 1.0 was released and the thirst for more realism began. I've been waiting 30 years (or almost) for this product and after all this time I can tell you this much: If you think of this as a "computer game" then this is the wrong product for you.You should buy another product, something simpler, because most likely you probably don't have the patience and the passion for the detail to fully enjoy a product like this. You just dont need it, dont wait for it, just get some other product that really suits you. Something that is made to be "just a computer game".I dont want that. To me NGX has to be like finding a living and breathing T-Rex sleeping by your door.. were every switch will awake a small part of the beast and you'll feel it coming to life, its heart pumping, the air coming out of its nostrils warm and humid, its eyes slowly opening.. NGX has to be be more than anything else an experience to be enjoyed and the feeling of "being there" be manifest.What the heck.. You know what? Please RSR and crew, DONT RELEASE IT YET!! DONT RELEASE IT UNTIL 2012!!Don't work 18 hours a day, what are you guys doing? Are you crazy?Take it easy, take your time, rest, share some time with your families, go take them out for dinner to some nice place, go take a nap, do whatever it takes to make you happy. And when you are completly rested and 100% ready to get back to work do it and create the most perfect creation of a 737 in a computer ever made. Don't rush it! Rushed things don't come out as perfect as things done with time and patience. And I want nothing but the absolutely best that you guys can do. I want it to be just perfect. It can't be perfect if you rush it, dont rush, go on vacations now and come back in a month. I'm sure free time will provide perspective to your work and some great ideas will improve the product even further. Do whatever it takes. Put all your computers in a locker and throw the key away, cut your internet connection, take the battery off your cellphones, go find unabomber's lost treasure, I dont care!Get your humanity back, you are not machines! One of these days you'll find yourselves writing on the forums "all resistance is futile, you'll be assimilated!"I need you guys in full capacity of your senses, I want the best NGX simulation that can be made and this get-there-itis is not a good symptom.This is not a race, its a challenge.Take your time, it'll be for the best, believe me!Joss M Garcia
Bravo José :( Great post.

Bravo José :( Great post.
I agree 100% with Jose! Perhaps if PMDG took some time off, some of the gripers, with no reason to come here, would re-discover other parts of their lives as well and then everyone could regain proper perspective. I'm not sure I'm at the level of Jose when it comes to passion for the NGX, but I'm certainly up there someplace. It's the "get-it-now" mentality that's on full display here. No one "needs" this add-on or FSX. It's a want and we'll enjoy it when it's available.PMDG, you don't owe anyone anything. Take as long as you need without killing yourselves! Regardless of what some spew, they'll be right in line with everyone else to buy their copy when it's released. Stacey Weaver

Guest cassis
We are going to loose the updates.....
I didn't sign my post with my name, so unforturnately, my response was deleted :(

I agree 100% with Jose! Perhaps if PMDG took some time off, some of the gripers, with no reason to come here, would re-discover other parts of their lives as well and then everyone could regain proper perspective. I'm not sure I'm at the level of Jose when it comes to passion for the NGX, but I'm certainly up there someplace. It's the "get-it-now" mentality that's on full display here. No one "needs" this add-on or FSX. It's a want and we'll enjoy it when it's available.PMDG, you don't owe anyone anything. Take as long as you need without killing yourselves! Regardless of what some spew, they'll be right in line with everyone else to buy their copy when it's released. Stacey Weaver
+1I Couldn't agree more :)

Well, another unbelievable post. Thanks Robert!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Remarks: CHARTS, PMDG 737NGX BETAInteresting...
It's been in beta for a while.

...No one "needs" this add-on or FSX. It's a want and we'll enjoy it when it's available....Stacey Weaver
I do. I've been diagnosed with a rare disorder called Aviatory Realism Dysfunction. The doctors have no idea exactly what triggered it 6-8 months ago, but there's only one known cure and it's not on the market yet - it's still being tested...Fortunately placebos do give temporary relief from the symptoms. I've been watching real 737's on youtube & pretending they're the NGX.Do try not to read any complaints out if that, it's just my sometimes unusual sense of humor reaching out again... Big%20Grin.gif

It's been in beta for a while.
Right, I remember. Thought it might be a hint at the wider beta. But apparently not.