Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

KDTW

For a lot of us that live in the south-east part of Michigan, we have been waiting for an update to the Detroit Metro Airport. BluePrint just released a new version of the airport here: http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/BluePrint_KDTW.htmlI am jumping off my computer chair to bring my LDS 767 back home tomorrow, for this new scenery for FSX and FS9 :( BobKDTW

For a lot of us that live in the south-east part of Michigan, we have been waiting for an update to the Detroit Metro Airport. BluePrint just released a new version of the airport here: http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/BluePrint_KDTW.htmlI am jumping off my computer chair to bring my LDS 767 back home tomorrow, for this new scenery for FSX and FS9 :( BobKDTW
I'm not a big fan of BP since they refuse to provide AES support but I am sure I will get this a placeholder for the Sunsky Jet version.To me, it is really a shame that they won't work with AES. I would have bought all of their products for airports that were not done by FSDT, FlyTampa and similar high quality companies.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I'm not a big fan of BP since they refuse to provide AES support but I am sure I will get this a placeholder for the Sunsky Jet version.To me, it is really a shame that they won't work with AES. I would have bought all of their products for airports that were not done by FSDT, FlyTampa and similar high quality companies.
I know that some folks were upset that BP did not have AES support. However BP's sceneries are very easy on the frames and do have good detail. I use FlyTampa. FlightBeam and FSDT sceneries, but they can get a little heavy on the frames when you land in bad weather. I have a bunch of BP airports and will be getting more besides Detroit. Right now BluePrint is A-OK for my system.Bob

It actually does not look that bad. Think I will pick this up this week. Delta has a ton of flights into this place so I need something better than default.

Eric 

Well, bought it. Needs mipmaps added to almost every texture, much like Imaginesim's stuff. Other than that, looks ok. Nothing like fsdt or ft but doable as a placeholder.

Eric 

To me, it is really a shame that they won't work with AES. I would have bought all of their products for airports that were not done by FSDT, FlyTampa and similar high quality companies.
Just get GSX when it comes out and you will have AES style support at ALL your airports. The only thing GSX wont do is move the jetways if you have a scenery that has static jetways, but at least you dont need to buy credits to make it work at each airport.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just get GSX when it comes out and you will have AES style support at ALL your airports. The only thing GSX wont do is move the jetways if you have a scenery that has static jetways, but at least you dont need to buy credits to make it work at each airport.
I've reserved room on my card to pick up GSX on day 1.But speaking of moving jetways and such, how much effort would it take to make a utility that could do just a few things:
  • Analyze an airport scenery to list any FSX-type jetways that are present (their postion, their direction, etc.) and then exclude them.
  • Place new better-than-stock FSX-type moveable jetways in the same positions - with the ability to add airline / other logos to each jetway. Perhaps even support different types of jetways.
  • And for a third trick, accept a list of coordinates for airports (like Blueprint) that do not use FSX-type jetways in order to generate custom jetways there.

My guess is if FSDT doesn't want to take on something like this, there has to be a tough nut or two to crack.The whole 'gotta have moveable jetways' only became an issue with me after FlightBeam's KSFO. It's a wonderful beautiful scenery, but I guess I've been spoiled having jetways match up to my parked a/c.

Any idea on release time frame for GSX?

Eric 

I've reserved room on my card to pick up GSX on day 1.
Same here!!Actually the only 3 things I am currently excited about getting are:1. GSX2. PMDG 737NGX3. FSDT KLAX
But speaking of moving jetways and such, how much effort would it take to make a utility that could do just a few things:
  • Analyze an airport scenery to list any FSX-type jetways that are present (their postion, their direction, etc.) and then exclude them.
  • Place new better-than-stock FSX-type moveable jetways in the same positions - with the ability to add airline / other logos to each jetway. Perhaps even support different types of jetways.
  • And for a third trick, accept a list of coordinates for airports (like Blueprint) that do not use FSX-type jetways in order to generate custom jetways there.

My guess is if FSDT doesn't want to take on something like this, there has to be a tough nut or two to crack.The whole 'gotta have moveable jetways' only became an issue with me after FlightBeam's KSFO. It's a wonderful beautiful scenery, but I guess I've been spoiled having jetways match up to my parked a/c.

I think it would be pretty hard as you indicated. Frankly, aside from FSDT and one or two other devs, I dont understand why a lot of developers dont add the movable jetway already. FlyTampa added them at St. Maarten but not at their other airports, unless Kai Tak has it (dont own it). I can understand why Aerosoft doesn't add them because they probably want you to spend the extra money on AES.For me jetways moving or not isn't really a big deal. If they move fine and if they dont move its fine by me as well. I can always pretend that they are either attached or not. Although I suppose if your into screen shots then its nice to have them attached while parked. At least in my case since I spend the majority of my airline flights between FSDT airports its not an issue since they include it in all their airports.
Any idea on release time frame for GSX?
just recently Umberto commented on it being either before or after LAX is out. I can't remember but will look and see if I can find his post and report back. Either way, if its before KLAX then it should be pretty soon since after the update the other day, LAX looks like it comming together pretty well.

...being either before or after LAX is out. ...
Now that's the kind of time estimate that covers all the bases!Never saw anything that mentioned it would appeal to the smaller aircraft aficionados, but I'll try to go through the thread at FSDT in the morning

1. GSX2. PMDG 737NGX3. FSDT KLAX
If I hadn't been given an iFly 737, my list would match yours. (I'm sure I'll end up with a PMDG 737 too, but i'm not itching for it as much... today.)A/c-wise I'm keeping an eye on the QW BAE146. The DA / Aerosoft CRJ would be nice, but on that I'm not holding my breath. I'm taking a pass on ORBX for a while. Their Rocky Mountain series doesn't interest me - I've made maybe a dozen flights in the NRM then lost interest for whatever reason. I should check in on FlyTampa and see what they have cooking.... I skipped their Midway because of my FSDT O'Hare just up the road.Back on topic, so is the Blueprint KDTW really that much of an improvement over the custom DTW buildings in the stock scenery? (MTX layout in my case.) I have Blueprint's KMEM, KMSP, KIAH and KCLE and would consider KIND and KSDF because the stock scenery there is so bland.

Now that's the kind of time estimate that covers all the bases!
:( :( Yeah, a while after I posted that, I though the same thing, but by then it was to late to change my answer, haha.After digging thru the GSX post on the FSDT forum, I found out that it will be released after KLAX. Here's the quote from Umberto.
It will support all our past and future airports. However, KLAX will be released first, with the regular ParkMe/YouControl features. When GSX will be out, installing it will upgrade all our airports to GSX services, without having to buy it, just downloading the Trial.
Never saw anything that mentioned it would appeal to the smaller aircraft aficionados, but I'll try to go through the thread at FSDT in the morning
Umberto said this about airliners vs. GA.
We'll focus on airlines operation, at least for the first release.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/c-wise I'm keeping an eye on the QW BAE146. The DA / Aerosoft CRJ would be nice, but on that I'm not holding my breath.
I can honestly say that after the NGX is out from PMDG I will probably be satisfied for a long time. Frankly, the 736-739 line was really the only a/c that I have wanted since switching to FSX. Even though I own a few other airliners and a few GA birds, the LDS 767 and PMDG 747 get the bulk of my time. Once the NGX is out I could probably uninstall all but the 747 and 767 and be content. Although PMDG is doing the 777 and the Dash-8, I will probably skip the 777 and get the Dash-8 and retire the JS4100. I kind of wish they were doing an ATR-72 rather than the Dash-8 though. I tried the FSX version/port of the Flight1 ATR and it was really horrible looking in the VC by todays standards.
I'm taking a pass on ORBX for a while. Their Rocky Mountain series doesn't interest me - I've made maybe a dozen flights in the NRM then lost interest for whatever reason.
+1I think I am going to wait until they get out of the woods and wilderness areas before I step into more of their products. For me, owning the PNW offers more than enough bush and mountain action than I really need. Once they start getting into more metro areas I will probably take another look, but all these remote, desolate areas in the Northern US dont really do anything for me as well. I might consider getting the package for Northern California or Southern Cal when its available, but even then I am pretty happy with my MegaScenery SoCal that I will probably skip it all together and just wait for them to get into South Florida.
I should check in on FlyTampa and see what they have cooking.... I skipped their Midway because of my FSDT O'Hare just up the road.
Too funny, I skipped Midway also due to having KORD. As far as I know they are just working on LGAV-Athens and it is well presumed that they are also working on a re-boot of Dubai. I will probably get Athens and skip Duabi since its a little far from any other areas I fly.
Back on topic, so is the Blueprint KDTW really that much of an improvement over the custom DTW buildings in the stock scenery? (MTX layout in my case.) I have Blueprint's KMEM, KMSP, KIAH and KCLE and would consider KIND and KSDF because the stock scenery there is so bland.
I need to take another look at some of Blueprints offerings, namely KDTW and KIAH. While I agree that they aren't upto the same quality as FSDT or FT, they are certainly better than the default option. I have only ever gotten KDAL, but in all fairness, its a lot better looking that what FSX provides out of the box and their stuff is pretty damn cheap.

If I hadn't been given an iFly 737, my list would match yours. (I'm sure I'll end up with a PMDG 737 too, but i'm not itching for it as much... today.)A/c-wise I'm keeping an eye on the QW BAE146. The DA / Aerosoft CRJ would be nice, but on that I'm not holding my breath. I'm taking a pass on ORBX for a while. Their Rocky Mountain series doesn't interest me - I've made maybe a dozen flights in the NRM then lost interest for whatever reason. I should check in on FlyTampa and see what they have cooking.... I skipped their Midway because of my FSDT O'Hare just up the road.Back on topic, so is the Blueprint KDTW really that much of an improvement over the custom DTW buildings in the stock scenery? (MTX layout in my case.) I have Blueprint's KMEM, KMSP, KIAH and KCLE and would consider KIND and KSDF because the stock scenery there is so bland.
There is no comparison of the KDTW stock buildings to the new BluePrint scenery. The old stock building were totally wrong. For example United does not have a big hanger at DTW and the hanger complex is all Delta. Worth taking a look at the BluePrint snapshots.BobDTW

Once they start getting into more metro areas I will probably take another look, but all these remote, desolate areas in the Northern US dont really do anything for me as well. I might consider getting the package for Northern California or Southern Cal when its available, but even then I am pretty happy with my MegaScenery SoCal that I will probably skip it all together and just wait for them to get into South Florida.
I'm glad that I bought their AU scenery - default FSX, even with SceneryTech, was horrible.And their US scenery is stunning. But except for the coastline and the I5 corridor of PNW, I just don't fly there.If you like photoscenery, the SimSavvy US offering is pretty interesting. I have it, and with the exception of no watermasking (and being a single season of course) it's a great deal. Florida winter textures would look much like the summer textures. :(
There is no comparison of the KDTW stock buildings to the new BluePrint scenery. The old stock building were totally wrong. For example United does not have a big hanger at DTW and the hanger complex is all Delta. Worth taking a look at the BluePrint snapshots.
I did look at the BP screens but I didn't know how "real" theirs were to FSX's layout. You've made that clear, so I'm putting this on my list to pick up RSN. Thanks!

Well, bought it. Needs mipmaps added to almost every texture, much like Imaginesim's stuff. Other than that, looks ok. Nothing like fsdt or ft but doable as a placeholder.
Eric,I needed a KDTW update so I searched and found this thread ... I purchased Blueprint Simulations KDTW for FS9.1 and FSX today.I have not downloaded (BitMicro) and installed it yet.Moving Jetways would be nice to have but can live without them for now. Anyway, you mentioned "Needs mipmaps added to almost every texture, "I never did scenery .. so, can you tell me what this is? ... Is it hard to do? what it fixes?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW