Sign in to follow this  
pao

Wide Beta tomorrow ?

Yes I know mate, I am only tired of playing 737 NGX via You Tube biggrin.gif
Can't blame you for that! Big%20Grin.gifIf only the NG had a tray table! laugh.gif

Hi Jim,As a developper of eye candy weather solutions for FSX, I am surprise that you don't fly with add-ons aircrfats wich are much nicer looking (not even talking of the systems) ?
No, because I don't care about what a plane looks like. It could be all white, with no markings, no animations, and no details and I would still use it because I rarely look at the outside of the plane while flying.

No, because I don't care about what a plane looks like. It could be all white, with no markings, no animations, and no details and I would still use it because I rarely look at the outside of the plane while flying.
I tend to do the same, only sometimes I cycle through external visuals, just when I am off duty within the VC.Told that, you won't appreciate MS Flight, it has nice pinky and yellow plane liveries but it will miss : the ATC, Flight Planner, FMCDU and a Weather Management. That's the perfect arcade playable also with Kinetic controller. I am already training myself releasing the landing gear using my feet, WOW !-

Hey PMDG Dev Team, great work so far. Can't wait to see it in its final form. Don't let these squabblers get to you. They are the most vocal and make us all look impatient, but the reality is that most of us are sitting patiently and share your goal of having the most complete and realistic add-on ever created when it is ready. You're often getting criticized by the whining crowd, so I wanted to put a positive spin on this thread before it got locked. :)

A short story from another developer. I was developing LINDA for little more than 3 months. At first the idea of the project wasn't very ambitious - I was developing a set of Lua scripts to extend the abilities of VRinsight MCP Combo. The main job was done in about a month of coding and I was ready to release it as it is. But then I've started to discuss it with Guenter who then inspired me to implement several other usful features (delaying the release meanwhile). And after one more month of sleepless work everything was done and ready. There still was no GUI yet, only a set of pretty advanced scripts to control and program the Combo. And once again I was ready to release it. Then, after so much work was already done, the next idea had come to my mind - to make a simple GUI to allow future users to control MCP and assign buttons in a more easier way... And then... and then... and then... :wacko:I was ready to release LINDA about five or six times during these 4 months. And when I was only starting with it I've had NO IDEA about how far it will come at the end.Sometimes software development plans just have no sense at all, because development is not just a routine process of coding, it's a research and creation process, where the best ideas are coming only in the process of doing things. That's why there are so many delays. And each such delay results in a new feature which makes the final product extraordinary. But finally the moment has come and there was a feeling that I have nothing more to add to the project... It's was not a marketing decision, it's just something from inside telling you, that it's ready. And now, when released after so many delays, LINDA is quite a different beast than it was in my initial plans. Release moment - is a point in time were creation process stops... and if it was released earlier it will never become what it is now.So, in conclusion. As for me, I can imagine what's going on inside PMDG Labs these days, weeks and months. They are making the product which fulfill their sense of beauty and perfection. And, yes, it's little sad that it takes so much time and delays are so unexpected and the release date is unpredictable... But I know that each day NGX becomes not only bug-free but better.. and this makes me patient.p. s.BTW developing own software is a good way to spend time waiting the NGX release not whining about it... Big%20Grin.gif

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It is thursday and we don't have a Wide-Beta announcement which means that they're still working on some bugs and therefore pushed the shipping date to next monday, again. Nothing will hapen until then so everybody can chill out until monday. ;)
I actually don't think that's what it means... It's been the trend to make an announcement after the fact. On Tuesday Ryan told us they pushed it back one more day to tie up a few loose ends, and they were now shooting for late Tuesday night. Just because we were told that they kept pushing it back one week at a time until this point doesn't mean it will take one week from Monday. Personally, I believe it's in wide-beta and they just haven't made an announcement. Why would they? They tell us one thing and it gets blown way out of proportion by the forum so that everybody has false expectations. I've been waiting for this thing quietly and patiently, and I'll continue to do so. This thing is bigger than me and my scope of knowledge, so all I can do is wait until the experts say it's ready.

A small video, completely off topic, to release the steam. Enjoy :(

Benjamin

Check this out..http://forum.avsim.net/topic/338593-how-about-a-pmdg-737ngx-wallpaper-while-we-wait/Not assuming anything here, draw your own conclusions.

... the thing is I am tired to be patient... since end 2010.....
Dude you should be glad you arent an airline pilot. Most guys are told when they get hired that they will upgrade or be in a jet with in a couple years. Then the airline economy tanks and they dont upgrade for another 6-8 yrs. If you cant be patient for a fake plane......then once again....be glad you arent am airline pilot. If you were, this wait wouldnt phase you.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Dude you should be glad you arent an airline pilot. Most guys are told when they get hired that they will upgrade or be in a jet with in a couple years. Then the airline economy tanks and they dont upgrade for another 6-8 yrs. If you cant be patient for a fake plane......then once again....be glad you arent am airline pilot. If you were, this wait wouldnt phase you.
Mathew, that is funny cause as I was reading his post I was thinking the exact same thing then I read your post. Too funny.JackColwill

Jack Appreciate your reply, time to put this to bed..... :(

Joe Park

Mathew, that is funny cause as I was reading his post I was thinking the exact same thing then I read your post. Too funny.JackColwill
Great minds think alike. In all seriousness, i knkw a couple guys from expressjet who this happened to... they were all on reserve for three yrs+. I met quite a few more during my internship there last summer. I can only imagine what some guys are feeling at american eagle right now.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Great minds think alike. In all seriousness, i knkw a couple guys from expressjet who this happened to... they were all on reserve for three yrs+. I met quite a few more during my internship there last summer. I can only imagine what some guys are feeling at american eagle right now.
Yeah there was one point at our company when guys were getting upgraded in a year or so. Then we started replacing the old 200's with 700's and the upgrade went up to 4 years. Still not bad though.JackColwill

HA, I had to wait 13 years for my command!!! Started with AL in 1989 and got my upgrade in early 2002..... Yee should concider yourselves lucky....

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

HA, I had to wait 13 years for my command!!! Started with AL in 1989 and got my upgrade in early 2002..... Yee should concider yourselves lucky....
Yeah and there is companies like AC Jazz that have 16 year FOs in CYYC.JackColwill