Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

Ms Flight FAIL

Be-Jeezus HughesMD ... how can you deny you are not an MS a really excited user? Time and time again you respond to reasonable discussion with your love of MS over everything else ... take a step back dude and look at yourself.Most likely the reason MS put up that shot of the battleship was to test waters to see what they could get away with, they quickly pulled it when they realised they went a photo shop to far with all the derision here.None of us are fools after the DX10 magic screenie stunt.What do you hope to gain by grovelling to the MS gods so much my friend? a coveted beta tester position so you get a free copy? I know that is exactly what some do in the community ... to tell the truth I've beta tested both hardware and software flight sim in the past ten years ... its damn hard work if you do it right and don't just look for a freebie at the end of it ... also I'm not popular for speaking my mind, some company's just want beta tester Yes Men that totally defeats the whole object in the first place IMHO.I'd rather pay for my software than go through some company's charade again to be honest ... much less work and I don't mind paying for decent quality.EDIT: Not condemning all FS Software company's outright, but I'm willing to name Saitek as not worth beta testing for, they ignored every word I said about one product in particular that had faults and as a company are keen to ban users from their forums with problems ... one day there will be a law against such practise ... meanwhile its called burying heads in sand.
They pulled the picture way before any "derision here". By the time we noticed the picture, it was long gone.

They pulled the picture way before any "derision here". By the time we noticed the picture, it was long gone.
This one?MS.pngI'm afraid they were too late, the damage was done and this picture is in archives for decades if not forever to show the stunts they will try to pull.Telling that they pulled it though, huh.Does anyone really think this kind of detail will be available in MS Flight ... honestly? Its not that its impossible, just inconsistent with the other screen shots that might be believable from MS lighting wise ... also there is so much wrong with this one that its hard to put a finger on... at the end of the day, if its an ibso facto MS Flight screenie they would have left it up and be proud ... but they pulled it? ... and don't get us started again on why they are only focusing on Hawaii with these ... special shots ... presumably they have done some work on the rest of the world too?Fool me once shame on you ... fool me twice shame on me.

Be-Jeezus HughesMD ... how can you deny you are not an MS a really excited user? Time and time again you respond to reasonable discussion with your love of MS over everything else ... take a step back dude and look at yourself.
I wouldn't dare defend Microsoft. I'm not defending anyone. I'm thinking logically. Please don't start up this stupid discussion again and just stop. You are not proving anything, making progress, or helping anyone.The Flight Team are people just like us. They aren't some group of Microsoft idiots (yes, there are probably idiots at Microsoft somewhere in the company) trying to become rich by making a new game. The amount of flak that the team gets is pretty sad. They have to be working their butts off on Flight. To be treated like they are just idiots by some people (not mentioning names) speaks poorly for the community.
This one?I'm afraid they were too late, the damage was done and this picture is in archives for decades if not forever to show the stunts they will try to pull.Telling that they pulled it though, huh.Does anyone really think this kind of detail will be available in MS Flight ... honestly?
Someone needs to check out PC Pilot Magazine...Page%201XS.JPG

Brandon Filer

I wouldn't dare defend Microsoft. I'm not defending anyone. I'm thinking logically.
+1 Lol, I don't see a a really excited user...just a moderate.I'm pretty sure we're just looking at a picture of a boat, not really a plot unfolding.It's a very nice picture, but technically it's sort of vanilla, no? (shadows)I think, there's nothing exceptional about it.

I wouldn't dare defend Microsoft. I'm not defending anyone. I'm thinking logically.
Oh OK then :)
Someone needs to check out PC Pilot Magazine...Page%201XS.JPG
I've been buying PC Pilot from day one ... I can put up a pic of my stash of magazines if you don't believe me ... but I saw this response the last time you posted it, what proof is this?Coincidently, looks like PC Pilots love affair with MS Flight has stalled again (honeymoon period over?) nothing in the latest issue, then again when you get occasional press releases from MS to only a bi monthly publication there will always be high gaps ... PC Pilot an issue or two or ago said they were going to be doing more comprehensive TARGET programing features for the TM Warthog and MFD's I own in next issue, nope ... they fail to follow up on many things too ... also when was the last bad review you read on PC Pilot?This latest mag has glowing kisses to X-Plane and Aerosoft's involvement with them, in two months time they will change their tune for the MS update we heard about here a month before.Its a Yes magazine where nearly everything is at least 85% gold star awarded as a minimum.Its a hopeless out of date magazine the moment it hits the stands thanks to modern internet access, newer news and unbiased news, but I still buy it every month mug that I am :)

Oh OK then :)I've been buying PC Pilot from day one ... I can put up a pic of my stash of magazines if you don't believe me ... but I saw this response the last time you posted it, what proof is this?Coincidently, looks like PC Pilots love affair with MS Flight has stalled again (honeymoon period over?) nothing in the latest issue, then again when you get occasional press releases from MS to only a bi monthly publication there will always be high gaps ... PC Pilot an issue or two or ago said they were going to be doing more comprehensive TARGET programing features for the TM Warthog and MFD's I own in next issue, nope ... they fail to follow up on many things too ... also when was the last bad review you read on PC Pilot?This latest mag has glowing kisses to X-Plane and Aerosoft's involvement with them, in two months time they will change their tune for the MS update we heard about here a month before.Its a Yes magazine where nearly everything is at least 85% gold star awarded as a minimum.Its a hopeless out of date magazine the moment it hits the stands thanks to modern internet access, newer news and unbiased news, but I still buy it every month mug that I am :)
What does all this have to do with the pic on the screen shot in the magazine? Chill out man. My family and I got defrauded of all our life savings, my parents lost their home and yet we are not as bitter as you are about MS. Life is not worth all the bitterness you spew around. In fact stay away from this forum, if you are so convinced Flight will be so bad and MS is so Evil.Also good idea to find out what has happened in your childhood so as to find the real reason for this outbursts. All this anger can't be because of a screen shot of DX10 from 5 years ago.

What does all this have to do with the pic on the screen shot in the magazine? Chill out man. My family and I got defrauded of all our life savings, my parents lost their home and yet we are not as bitter as you are about MS. Life is not worth all the bitterness you spew around. In fact stay away from this forum, if you are so convinced Flight will be so bad and MS is so Evil.Also good idea to find out what has happened in your childhood so as to find the real reason for this outbursts. All this anger can't be because of a screen shot of DX10 from 5 years ago.
Wow, less of the personal attacks please ... guess I hit a raw nerve with you ... if it hurts so much I will leave, that wont make You win though and the future of MS Flight is still in doubt by many enthusiasts, especially with a potentially better version hard on its heels ... and ##### has your family supposingly having such bad crap luck have to with this ... why do guys like you always bring up irrelevant crap like this ... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but its always the same ... look for support from the wider community then kick em harder, a pathetic old tactic ... wanna hear how irrelevant my REAL personal family woes are sunshine in cancer and suffering ... I wouldn't lower myself to that ... time and a place and this is not it.Have fun, defending a corner all night is not really my style ... I only come on here once a week at most then make several posts, but you want even those shut down.You are in denial my friend, not me.I'll not post here any-more until Flight is finally out, happy?Enjoy yourself :)Bye.

Why should the MS a really excited user get you out of here? I see nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to game developers. Most any game developer for that matter - including that other flight sim that is supposed to come out at some point.MS would not be getting so much flak from some people if:1. MS would not have fired the entire ACES team and left the next FS release in doubt.2. MS would not have changed the name to Flight and announced a new direction, yet unclear.3. MS would keep us better informed about what they are up to.4. MS would let us see what the world looks like outside of a tiny island in the Pacific.5. MS would indicate that they will improve the simulation aspect in some ways, not just try to attract the so called non-enthusiast crowd.6. MS would not try to pass off edited images as real - pulled or not, now or in the past.7. I am sure I could think of many more points, but this should do for now.

Why should the MS a really excited user get you out of here? I see nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to game developers. Most any game developer for that matter - including that other flight sim that is supposed to come out at some point.MS would not be getting so much flak from some people if:1. MS would not have fired the entire ACES team and left the next FS release in doubt.2. MS would not have changed the name to Flight and announced a new direction, yet unclear.3. MS would keep us better informed about what they are up to.4. MS would let us see what the world looks like outside of a tiny island in the Pacific.5. MS would indicate that they will improve the simulation aspect in some ways, not just try to attract the so called non-enthusiast crowd.6. MS would not try to pass off edited images as real - pulled or not, now or in the past.7. I am sure I could think of many more points, but this should do for now.
Microsoft have no obligation to tell us anything. It is a commercial organisation developing a new product. It will have done its own research inito what it believes will sell and that's what it will develop.I very much doubt if Microsoft gives a damn about flak friom people who post in these forums. Rather I'd suggest that some of the nonsense posted will give it a good laugh.

Why should the MS a really excited user get you out of here? I see nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to game developers. Most any game developer for that matter - including that other flight sim that is supposed to come out at some point.MS would not be getting so much flak from some people if:6. MS would not try to pass off edited images as real - pulled or not, now or in the past.
What proof or evidence do you have that the picture (that was pulled) was edited? I am not claiming that it was not edited. But neither do I throw unsubstantiated claims as facts.

Wow, less of the personal attacks please ... guess I hit a raw nerve with you ... if it hurts so much I will leave, that wont make You win though and the future of MS Flight is still in doubt by many enthusiasts, especially with a potentially better version hard on its heels ... and ##### has your family supposingly having such bad crap luck have to with this ... why do guys like you always bring up irrelevant crap like this ... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but its always the same ... look for support from the wider community then kick em harder, a pathetic old tactic ... wanna hear how irrelevant my REAL personal family woes are sunshine in cancer and suffering ... I wouldn't lower myself to that ... time and a place and this is not it.Have fun, defending a corner all night is not really my style ... I only come on here once a week at most then make several posts, but you want even those shut down.You are in denial my friend, not me.I'll not post here any-more until Flight is finally out, happy?Enjoy yourself :)Bye.
My point about my family was to show you that your anger with MS is so small and unwarranted. My post had nothing to do with my denial of what Flight might or might not be. It really is not comfortable to come to the forums to see repeating hateful, angry bashes that you post about something so trivial as a picture posted 5 years ago. Since you are not going to post anymore, I'll take it that you are incapable of holding yourself back from spewing anger.

Someone needs to check out PC Pilot Magazine...
Is this a real cover? Why is the ship facing the wrong direction? Maybe they just reorientated it since the original leaked image was shot.

Is this a real cover? Why is the ship facing the wrong direction? Maybe they just reorientated it since the original leaked image was shot.
It's facing the same direction in both images - moored with its port side against the quay.

Right you are, to me it looked as if the bow was facing the camera in the leaked image, but looking closer at the stacks I can see it is indeed facing the opposite way.

Is this a real cover?
That image is page 1 of 3 about Flight from that edition of PC Pilot. Everything except for the ship was blurred out for obvious reasons.

Brandon Filer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.