Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Packs Sound Intensity

Yesterday I flew on TRS776 from LAS to ATL.When we were taxiing out for departure in LAS I noticed that whenever the pilot's gave the engines some thrust the noise of the packs would get a lot louder due to the increased pressure in the bleed ducts. Is this accurately modeled in the NGX? AND will the sound of the packs change with how much throttle is applied?

Because FSX only allows two sound sets for an aircraft. It is unlikely you will be able to notice the packs change. Unless this is also true for the cockpit I don't think it can be modeled at this time.

Because FSX only allows two sound sets for an aircraft. It is unlikely you will be able to notice the packs change. Unless this is also true for the cockpit I don't think it can be modeled at this time.
Did you notice if the packs went off at takeoff?

Did you notice if the packs went off at takeoff?
They left them on during departure.

Ben - We are working on this right now - I "expect" that this feature will ready for the release version. I would say that this is the most advanced Pack simulation we have ever done where the sound of the packs are not only proportional to various pack and recirc fans combinations but also engine power settings as well.Nathan - On 99% of FSX aircraft this is true but not for our NGX! We have managed to get three sound sets working on the NGX - cockpit sounds, outside sounds and also wing view sounds. But in addition to the hundred or so FSX sounds we have around FOUR HUNDRED further sounds implemented via custom programming by our development team. I expect that pretty much every sound you could possibly hear on the real 737 has been implemented on the NGX. :)Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Ben - We are working on this right now - I "expect" that this feature will ready for the release version. I would say that this is the most advanced Pack simulation we have ever done where the sound of the packs are not only proportional to various pack and recirc fans combinations but also engine power settings as well.Nathan - On 99% of FSX aircraft this is true but not for our NGX! We have managed to get three sound sets working on the NGX - cockpit sounds, outside sounds and also wing view sounds. But in addition to the hundred or so FSX sounds we have around FOUR HUNDRED further sounds implemented via custom programming by our development team. I expect that pretty much every sound you could possibly hear on the real 737 has been implemented on the NGX. :)Cheers,
Have you and the development team used special techniques to create such an impressive soundset?--Sounds in an FSX aircraft are a BIGGY for meBig%20Grin.gifAS in wing-view sounds do you mean that when you are "sitting" behind the engine towards the rear of the plane it will be very deep bass? -- My seat was 27F and it was very powerful bass and roaring from the engine noise.

On 99% of FSX aircraft this is true but not for our NGX! We have managed to get three sound sets working on the NGX - cockpit sounds, outside sounds and also wing view sounds. But in addition to the hundred or so FSX sounds we have around FOUR HUNDRED further sounds implemented via custom programming by our development team. I expect that pretty much every sound you could possibly hear on the real 737 has been implemented on the NGX. :)
Wow, you mean four hundred different sounds (sound files) or four hundred things (like switches and the like) that make a sound? Big%20Grin.gif(yeah I s'ppose the former...) :(sig.gif

Ben -Indeed - all these extra sounds are part of the custom programming which is outside of the scope of the FSX development environment. Our four programmers (Alex, Dr EV, Michael and Robert) have each contributed significantly to programming these unique sounds and sound behaviour, which I can say is "comprehensive" to say the least! Alot of credit goes to the dev team for finding the time to program these sounds which I believe will make this a very special sound experience in all areas of the simulation. As for the wing views - yes. I discovered a way to create a third soundset in FSX just for the wingviews, so you will get that sound experience you are looking for from seat 27F !!! ;) So unlike most other FSX aircraft our wingview sounds much more like the cabin rather than sounding like the outside view sounds.I just added another unique sound which you mainly hear on the wing views - when you begin the idle descent from cruise altitude the engines throttle back and you hear a different type of sub bass rumble - its a very low deep rumble which is very distinct and you mainly hear it during descent. If you have a sub woofer system you may notice your teeth shaking with this sub bass rumble !!!! We might have to add a health and safety warning to prepare you for this effect! :( Cheers,

Wow, you mean four hundred different sounds (sound files) or four hundred things (like switches and the like) that make a sound? Big%20Grin.gif(yeah I s'ppose the former...) :(sig.gif
Etienne - yes the former - the whole sound package has around 500 unique sound files covering pretty much everything you would expect to hear on the real aircraft.Not bad huh?!Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Every single switch and device that makes a unique sound was recorded in the real cockpit with professional condenser mics. This soundset is extremely nice, I think you all will be very impressed.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Speechless!!! Well done all on your efforts! :(

Wao... can't wait to hear it, it "sounds" really impressive !Sure, accurate systems behavior is critical, but sounds are extremely important to make you feel like you're in !Congratulations on your efforts and thank you for having the same quality level on every aspect of the sim !

Every single switch and device that makes a unique sound was recorded in the real cockpit with professional condenser mics. This soundset is extremely nice, I think you all will be very impressed.
sounds greatbiggrin.gifregardsJürgen

Wow!! If I wasn't excited already (which I was), I would be now!! Every time I hear about this bird, I get more excited!! Nice job!

Will I hear the flushing lav if I have to step out of the cockpit? :(

Will I hear the flushing lav if I have to step out of the cockpit? :(
The way this plane is modeled, you probably will hear about 3-5 db less noise in the cocpit, because I think I saw the vortex generators above the radome. :(