Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

"Soon" defined....

1) Happy Birthday Robert, 2) Congrats on the soon-to-be-released NGX3) So far, pleased with the 747-8i.4) Ryan and Robert (RR) have the patience of a saint, so well done to all the team.I forgot to add a signature to my post last night so you can delete it if you wish.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hi.I know there have been other posts regarding systems that will run the NGX, but I just wondered if there is any chance my archaic system would cope.AMD Athlon 64 3200+768MB RAMNvidia GeForce 6100Windows XPI do realise this is WAY below the minimum requirements, however I do have the PMDG 747-400X and that actually runs fine, with the FSX settings pretty low, scenery/traffic etc.Many thanks for your help...Chris.

Hi.I know there have been other posts regarding systems that will run the NGX, but I just wondered if there is any chance my archaic system would cope.AMD Athlon 64 3200+768MB RAMNvidia GeForce 6100Windows XPI do realise this is WAY below the minimum requirements, however I do have the PMDG 747-400X and that actually runs fine, with the FSX settings pretty low, scenery/traffic etc.Many thanks for your help...Chris.
I would say your long overdue for a upgrade. I had the same system years back, and have built and retired 4 others since. Concidering that your planning on spending the money to enjoy the NGX, why not have a pc so you can enjoy the sim itsself along with the standard addons such as ORBX and REX. Im not even sure if you can even buy just 768MB or RAM anymore. I'd love to know if you do indeed get it to run okay with that system.

KBOS-KIAD or KIAD-KBOS ? :( Bruno
That was my guess too, but you're faster on the draw. KIAD because I think Robert used to fly out of there in an earlier life and KBOS because of the charts in the manual set.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

I would say your long overdue for a upgrade. I had the same system years back, and have built and retired 4 others since. Concidering that your planning on spending the money to enjoy the NGX, why not have a pc so you can enjoy the sim itsself along with the standard addons such as ORBX and REX. Im not even sure if you can even buy just 768MB or RAM anymore. I'd love to know if you do indeed get it to run okay with that system.
Yeah, I'm well behind the times where my PC is concerned, and an upgrade has been on the cards for some time now. Other, higher priorities, have a habit of getting in the way sadly :wink:I have been browsing many other posts on here regarding a high spec system to run FSX plus other great add-ons such as the NGX, but it may be a while before upgrading my PC gets to the top of the list, so was just hoping I could get it to run on my current system until that time. I would be an avid simmer if my system wasn't so out-dated, and I've really outgrown the 'dumb' FSX default aircraft. I love the detail into which PMDG go in recreating their aircraft, and it's really frustrating that I can't run FSX with higher settings and include more realistic scenery/traffic etc. along with the PMDG aircraft.I have managed to get the 747-400X to run quite well alongside FS2Crew, which has been great in learning some more realistic airline procedures, so I'm really looking forward to the NGX. I have been considering the MD-11 and Jetstream 4100 for a while, but thought I'd save my cash for the NGX.I will certainly let you know if the NGX runs okay...Thanks for you reply.Cheers,Chris.

He is just kidding, so don't feed a troll. :(

Do you mean I'm kidding? Because I'm genuinely not! I'm just asking for a little help. Straight%20Face.gifCheers,Chris.

Do you mean I'm kidding? Because I'm genuinely not! I'm just asking for a little help. Straight%20Face.gifCheers,Chris.
Seems to me, that he's just getting suckered in to the niche FS hobby in the to the extent most here have been for years. And yes to truly enjoy it you need a good PC. My only advice for a limited budget is to build it slowly. Find out what PC you would want. And plan to buy it piece by piece at a pace thats finacially realistic to you. I did so on my last build, got the processor from ebay, waited a few weeks, got the MOBO, waited a little longer got ram and the case. Then took my PSU from my last PC and built it myself (my first PC build, its simple, impossible to mess up and cost effective) .

You would do well with a middle of the road i3 system. No need to spend silly money on the best system. Any of the (i) series should be happy with the NGX. If your willing to go DIY you can build an decent i5 for about £500 or so. Less if you shop around. I know self builds are not for everyone and that spending money on a PC just for FSX is also out for some people but you will be able to use it for games etc like I do then its not so bad. I use my PC for everything including watching TV lol. So it does not seem so expensive.

To go back to the topic:Wow, I've been waiting for this! Unfortunately I'm on vacation at the release (departing tomorrow). I don't think I'll enjoy it very much... :(

If you're on a real plane thats even better!

You would do well with a middle of the road i3 system. No need to spend silly money on the best system. Any of the (i) series should be happy with the NGX. If your willing to go DIY you can build an decent i5 for about £500 or so. Less if you shop around. I know self builds are not for everyone and that spending money on a PC just for FSX is also out for some people but you will be able to use it for games etc like I do then its not so bad. I use my PC for everything including watching TV lol. So it does not seem so expensive.
I fly on a Toshiba laptop with an i3, 4 GB RAM and a decent integrated GPU whose specs I'm not sure of. I run the MD-11 without much of a problem but I do need to crank some of the sliders down. That's perfectly fine with me as It all looks the same from FL360.

I'm currently enjoying a 3-week vacation in France. I will be back on the 12th of august, almost 2 weeks post-release. Wish me luck surviving those day's with only a netbook to connect to the internet...Good luck with the release, PMDG!

Henk de Vries

I'm currently enjoying a 3-week vacation in France. I will be back on the 12th of august, almost 2 weeks post-release. Wish me luck surviving those day's with only a netbook to connect to the internet...Good luck with the release, PMDG!
I think as a nice gesture....we who will be able to purchase the aircrsft on release day, should take pictures and give write ups for everyone who either cant purchase the airceaft due to financial reasons or because they are on vacation. I think it would be really nice to do that since most of us have been watching this since its start.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

yeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¨¨¨¨Fantastic news!!I love the 737 .... and I'm waiting since long time the exit of this PMDG add on !!I will have to invest quite a lot of time in studing the manuals ................................Thanks .....Antonio from Switzerland