Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

"Soon" defined....

Am I the only one with the new AVSIM format?

Hmmm, this will take some getting used to.. :) Maybe they upgraded server in anticipation of upcoming server load..

spacer.png

hehe I nearly had a heart attack LOL could not access the forums. Perhaps they decided to update the forums before next weeks release of the NGXXXXXXX :(

Okay everybody- Change of plan! We are going to push the release to the 10th so that Phil has a chance to get home from his vacation and get unpacked. Big Grin.gif (Okay- just kidding... stop throwing stuff at Phil. Hey! I said stop!)
I'M LoL.... :(

Id rather not make a new thread because everything seems to be moving around to fast. What do you all think about this system for the NGX: CPU: Intel Core i7 870 2.93GHz Socket 1156 8MB Cache ----Intel Hyper-Threading technology which can thread Quad core(x4) to 8 processing thread Motherboard: Asus/Gigabyte Intel H55 Express Chipset ----6 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports ----Many latest features Graphic: Nvidia Gefore GT 430 1GB DDR3 HD: Seagate/Western Digital/Hitachi 1TB SATA2 3Gb/s RAM: 16GB Dual channel DDR3-1333 Sound: 8-channel High Definition Optical Drive: Liteon 24x SATA Dual Layer DVD Writer -fastest Speed Available USB: 6 at back, 2 in front Network: Gigabit Ethernet, Broadband ready Case: Gigabyte GZ-X6 Mid tower case(Black-Blue, Black Available), 500W PSU

Avsim looks nice but it will take some time to get used to.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

What about this one: Specs: CPU:Intel sandy bridge Quad-Core i5 2500K HT 3.3GHz Turbo Boost 2.0 Up to 3.6GHz 6M L3 Unlock Hyper-Threading Processor Motherboard:ASRock P67 Pro 3 ¦2 x USB 3.0 ports, 2 x SATA3 connectors, 1 x eSATA3 connector ¦7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection ¦Supports Intel® K-Series unlocked CPU ¦ASRock DuraCap (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan-made Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Super Clocking version 1G DDR5 RAM: 8GB DDR3-1333 High performance memory HDD: 1000GB SATA3 7200RPM high performance hard drive DVD: 24X dual layer DVD-RW Case: Silverstone "Precision Series" PS05B Black ATX Mid Tower Case PSU: Aywun 650W 80Plus Super Mega PSU

What about this one: Specs:CPU:Intel sandy bridge Quad-Core i5 2500K HT 3.3GHz Turbo Boost 2.0 Up to 3.6GHz 6M L3 Unlock Hyper-Threading ProcessorMotherboard:ASRock P67 Pro 3¦2 x USB 3.0 ports, 2 x SATA3 connectors, 1 x eSATA3 connector¦7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection¦Supports Intel® K-Series unlocked CPU¦ASRock DuraCap (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan-madeGraphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Super Clocking version 1G DDR5RAM: 8GB DDR3-1333 High performance memoryHDD: 1000GB SATA3 7200RPM high performance hard driveDVD: 24X dual layer DVD-RWCase: Silverstone "Precision Series" PS05B Black ATX Mid Tower CasePSU: Aywun 650W 80Plus Super Mega PSU
I am no expert, but it looks good to me. Make sure to get a good psu. I am not saying your psu is bad, I've just not heard of it. Also get a decent cooler if you want to overclock. The Coolermaster Hyper 212 + is great for the price.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Sweet. Thanks for that. Will look into the Hyper212. Whats the deal with ram? Is 1600mhz better then 1333mhz? The guy in the shop said that for overclocking, you want 1333mhz for power supply reasons or something?

Re the Avsim facelift... anyone using the IP Board app on the iPhone having the same trouble I am with it not loading the "mobile" version of the site?

Re the Avsim facelift... anyone using the IP Board app on the iPhone having the same trouble I am with it not loading the "mobile" version of the site?
Just scroll to the bottom of the page and press "Use Mobile Version".

I am no expert, but it looks good to me. Make sure to get a good psu. I am not saying your psu is bad, I've just not heard of it. Also get a decent cooler if you want to overclock. The Coolermaster Hyper 212 + is great for the price.
Again, I'm no expert, but I have my i7 2600k overclocked with 1600 mhz ram with no problem, and I have seen plenty of others on these forums with the same scenario. It is also generally regarded as better to get ram with tighter timings than the one I have, but In my case, I am more than happy with fsx on this rig.Also, I don't have it, but if you want a good, self contained liquid cooling unit. I have read on these forums that the corsair h70's and h50's are good for cooling too. On the hyper 212, for example, I get around 46 degrees on the hottest core in FSX, and temps in the high 60's on the hottest core while running prime 95. There are slightly better coolers such as the noctua nh-d14, and the corsairs I just mentioned (including corsair a- series), but the hyper 212 is cheaper, and plenty enough for a 4.5ghz overclock as I have.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero