Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737NGX Pricing and Availability

Captains-As we are wrapping up testing, we figured it would be a good time to get you up to speed on how things are going to work regarding the release of the PMDG 737NGX.RELEASE TIMELINE:=================Currently we are still working our "On or Before 04AUG11" release scenario. I want to make certain that it is clear however that at any time, we may decide to alter the release timeline slightly if required to correct any usability impact items that might appear during the next few days.If this happens, I will let you know as soon as I know!As of this moment we are not anticipating any shift, and we are still working with a window of days just to make sure we have a bit of flexibility. We are fixing mostly really minor items now and updating the Introduction and Tutorial documentation to make sure that it matches the release version of the software.When I updated you a few nights ago we had two items that we were tracking that had some potential to cause a release timeline shift- but we are now only tracking a single item that might have that potential. At the moment we feel that the issue has been resolved, but until we go through a few updates to our beta team without seeing it recur we do not consider it dead.Okay- so that takes care of all the disclaimer stuff. :( RELEASE DAY:============Barring anything strange happening, we will give you a bit of notice via the forum that release is pending, then off we go! (Note: This will not be a surprise release... We will let you know it is coming!)PMDG 737NGX PACKAGES:=====================PMDG 737NGX Base Package: $69.99* ETA: On/Before 04AUG11 Contains the 737-800/800WL, 737-900/900WLPMDG 737NGX 6700 Package: $24.99 ETA: 4-8 weeks after base Contains the 737-600, 737-700/700WLPMDG 737NGX ER Package: TBA ETA: 4-8 weeks after 6700 Contains the all 737ER variants.PMDG 737NGX BBJ Package: TBA ETA: TBA Subject to interest Contains BBJ/BBJ2 variants.PMDG 737NGX Mil Package: TBA ETA: TBA Subject to interest Contains the P-8 and "Wedgetail" variants.Download size: Base Package is appx 540MB.Okay- so a few things I want to put right out in the open:1) When we initially announced this product line back in 2006, we anticipated that we would package the entire fleet together. Since 2009, this product line has grown MASSIVELY in scope and now includes significantly greater functionality than any product ever released for FSX. Not only did the product grow in scope but it also grew in functionality and quality (as evidence in the videos AOA has been putting out for you all!) so rather than charge one blisteringly high price, we decided to break the package into pieces in order that users can pick and choose the airplane types they are interested in flying. This will allow users to minimize their cost to suit their own tastes, and we think it allows us to provide the best value to simmers for our new product lines moving forward.2) PMDG has always led the way upward in total pricing. With the PMDG 737NGX that can certainly be true if a user wishes to purchase the entire product line (and we hope you will!) but we want you to be able to purchase only the airplanes you want. 3) With the PMDG 737NGX product line, the base package will always provide you with all of the functionality available in the product line. What this means is that all functionality that ships with the base product, along with functionality that we add along the way (think: multi-user cockpits) will always be updated to the base package so you will not need to purchase any expansion packs just to gain the new functionality. (In our FS9 series of products, there was functionality that you needed both packages in order to access. We have changed this model for all future product lines.) Note: Some versions of the airplane have inherently different functionality, such as extended range fuel systems, etc- and this functionality is only available in the airframe to which it is assigned in real life...4) Functionality Updates: One of the nice things that we have done with the PMDG 737NGX series of products is to take steps to plan ahead for functionality changes and product capability growth. This is not something we have historically done- and it has led to products hitting life cycle limits because they cannot be adapted with new functionality. With the PMDG 737NGX this changes! For example, we are looking at some interoperability functions that virtual airlines may want with the 777. We are also looking at things such as EFB functionality for the 777. If we elect to move these technologies forward with the 777, it is expected we can also move them backward to the PMDG 737NGX product line- this keeping the product fresh with new ideas and functions that you can gain with a simple service pack.5) You will notice that I have placed an asterisk after the $69.99 price for the base package. This is an initial release price that will be available until the release of the first expansion pack (1-2 months after the base package release.) After this time, the price for the base package will increase to $74.99.6) Some folks have asked us to compare the functionality of our PMDG 737NGX against other products. We feel that this product is the most advanced, feature rich simulation of a modern airliner yet produced for the computer pilot, and continues a long history of our ground breaking simulations. But don't take our word for it: The folks at Angle of Attack have put together some wonderful preview videos to show you just what we mean. For example:

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/aoa/nicks-737ngx-afdsegpws-impressions/

IMPORTANT LATE ADD: Some of the discussion in the thread brings up a valid point. There is some political idiot games taking place in Washington, DC right now. If there is a large scale currency shift as a result- we may at our discretion adjust the pricing. I doubt this will be necessary- but I'm also pretty confident in the level of "dumb" in Washington, DC- so it is worth mentioning.POST RELEASE:=============Post release we are planning an All-Hands-On-Deck approach to the forum and technical support in order to make certain that someone is available to help you in the event that you run into any trouble. The PMDG 737NGX is a magnificently detailed simulation of the 737 airplane, but it is not a difficult airplane to fly. The incredible depth of the simulation we provide will make this airplane a true joy to "hop in and fly" or study in minute detail. How you fly the airplane will be entirely up to you- but someone will be here to help you if you have problems!Technical support will be staffed by three of us- and while our official policy during release cycles is that we will answer you within 48hrs, we have set an internal goal to have all customer support requests handled in just a few hours.Of course, members of the team will be here in the forum to help you out with questions about installations and maybe even some basic functionality hints if you need them. Please keep in mind that there are a limited number of us, and an unlimited number of you- so if we don't answer your post specifically, it is simply saturation. We aren't ignoring you!In the past we have seen instances where the forum has slowed or ceased running. In the event that this happens, we will provide information and updates via our Facebook page- but technical support will only be provided via the support portal. Please understand that any requests for support or account assistance via Facebook will be deleted without reply, as the Facebook team does not have access to all of the tools required to give proper technical support! (Your understanding is appreciated!)Okay- I think that covers it for me tonight... Let us know if you have questions and we'll try to answer them. We are all pretty busy- but we are very excited about putting this magnificent simulation in your hands!Oh- and one last thing: THANK YOU. Many of us on this team have been at this for more than a decade and we have never seen so much attention being paid to our work. It is gratifying in ways that are truly hard to communicate.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for the information Robert! Looks like i'll get the complete 6/7/8/900 series, and the military expansion.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

OK, that´s a great price! I will definately be buying this the day it comes out!Great deal PMDG!!!

All for under $100. Fantastic stuff. Thank you, this will put the speculation to bed! Big%20Grin.gif

Glad PMDG went this way, I have zero interest in the BBJ and Military versions. I know some others my want those but this suits me just fine....NOW GIMME :([FORUM MOD NOTE: <Cough> Name... Hint.]

BRAVO!What a great deal considering the detail of this plane. It sure is nice to know you guys put so much time and detail into your work, yet you consider your consumer and their wants and needs. What a great idea to break the NGX into packages.:( :( :( Joe Inama

Well the price is fantastic!! The way your are doing it is awsome. I dont fly any partucular airline so Im happy with the 800 and 900 series as a start. Could not be happier. Everytime I come to the forum its just good new and new vids hehe.And we can all practice with the base package right from day one, even the guys who wait for the 6 and 7s. :( :( :(

Don't post here often, but I have been keeping a close eye on these forums from the get-go of the NGX project. My applauds to whole PMDG team for bringing us such a fantastic product at such an incredible value Applause.gif Thanks again!Looking forward to next week,Brandon Burkley

Brandon Burkley

Dear PMDG: I have been actively scanning all pre release code for any anomalies and have found 98.97% from all sources in good health. I have also made mental contact with Dr V and his eminence virtual Vin el cockpitio for confirmation. I am happy to report that both sources agree with the preliminary assessment. I have now launched post launch requests from all sub team members and beta code holdings and will report back with the details on Aug 4 2011. Goodspeed and a hearty hoorah from all the pending PMDG 737 NGX missionaries around the globe.

OMG! This is a steal when it comes to prices. I will absolutely buy on the first day it comes out along with the other variants when they become available.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Very nice update! Definitely will be getting base pack, unfortunately I have to wait for the -700 series as I love the Southwest Airlines jets. Just curious, are saitek controls actually better with FSUIPC? I have all saitek controls. (I realize my question is off topic, i will post a different thread if needed).