Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Steve,I remember making the origonal request in your US Airways thread for the AWA bird. That looks amazing - I'm going to fly it until the paint wears off. :(
Kenneth,Thanks for letting me know. I didn't drill back too far in the thread...lol. I'm glad you approve of the result so far. I'll be finishing it up tonight when I get home. That pattern on the tail varies a little with different America West pictures I looked at. The fuselage ribbons in my screen shot do not include the ribbons extending forward on the middle section. Those are done. I just have to do the very top ribbons at the base of the tail, add a few of the small streaks along the fuselage ribbons, clean up the area below the tail cone, and decide if I want to keep the wing walk areas like a current bird or make them like an older one (no black lines).Since it's a fictional repaint, that gives me a lot of leeway...lol.

Hey steve are you by any chance whenever you have the chance of course going to make that TWA 90's repaint into the 700... ?Carlitos Colon

Got one more paint after this one then I'll be completing the TWA series for the -700 and -900.

Steve Aull

Amazing look for America West Stevelinux731 request this paint for Aeroflot:2457372072889.jpgI also want this paintingPlease
Yes I do!It might be hard because they have none in their livery AOTM.

Hi guys,Request:A jet 2 737-700 [FICTIONAL] to simulate -300 operations in the -700 [no winglets]There is a very good -800 paints on avsim, maybe the same artist would considerG-CELC.jpgplease quote this post for related repliesThank you

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Kenneth,Thanks for letting me know. I didn't drill back too far in the thread...lol. I'm glad you approve of the result so far. I'll be finishing it up tonight when I get home. That pattern on the tail varies a little with different America West pictures I looked at. The fuselage ribbons in my screen shot do not include the ribbons extending forward on the middle section. Those are done. I just have to do the very top ribbons at the base of the tail, add a few of the small streaks along the fuselage ribbons, clean up the area below the tail cone, and decide if I want to keep the wing walk areas like a current bird or make them like an older one (no black lines).Since it's a fictional repaint, that gives me a lot of leeway...lol.
Just an update...It will not make it online tonight. The top ribbon area is giving me fits and will have to wait until tomorrow night to be finished. That's all that is left...lol. There was no pattern I could copy the ribbons from and they had to be drawn individually by hand. That top ribbon pattern does not correspond to the bottom vertical fin ribbon on all the real birds I looked at. For those of you that are painters, you know how frustrating this one section can be.The red area in the image below is what I have to fix (probably re-do from scratch and then the livery is done. It's just not passing the test and is nowhere close to what I want. I'm headed to bed...lol. Tomorrow night!ZigZagWork.jpg

Aaggghhh :( +1not happy memories of ....SNIP
I don't know what airline that is or even if it is an airline, but that's one freakin awesome looking tail. Kudos to you for doing that!

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Nick, that would be flyDubai. Excellent repaint, I have to say.I have had my share with these things myself... if not quite so bad as the Dubaii bird.YAFSS_103.jpg

That rear tail area where the top center and the side connect has to be the most frustrating section to paint when you have to put color lines across it. It's a lot of small adjustments and constant loading in FSX to look and see if it's better each time. I've even used a layer with "dots" or "lines for alignment that have been helpful. Solid colors for this area are a painters best friend... :(

Yes I do!It might be hard because they have none in their livery AOTM.
Diego,I actually like the look of that paint. I'll put it in line after the Delta -600. I want to try and squeeze in that request for my U.S. Airways in a -600 as well. Did you want it in a -600 or -700? I'm going to work on a silver to closely mimick that Aeroflot bird's color.America West will be uploaded tonight (fingers crossed)I have a list of liveries I'm working on. Here are the next 4 in the list.1. Delta -600 (old livery)2. U.S. Airways -600 (modification of current -700 I have already uploaded.) This should be a quick fix.3. Aeroflot -600 or -700 requested above.4. U.S. Airways -700 (dark blue top) This one keeps getting pushed back...lol. I'm not sure what the demand is for the Dark blue top livery. It was never a favorite of mine.I have others I am considering, but I'm trying to keep the promised list to a reasonable length.

Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107

Diego,I actually like the look of that paint. I'll put it in line after the Delta -600. I want to try and squeeze in that request for my U.S. Airways in a -600 as well. Did you want it in a -600 or -700? I'm going to work on a silver to closely mimick that Aeroflot bird's color.
A -800 or -700 would be preferred. They don't have or have ordered -600s.