Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Love the "bill board" of Pan Am. I remember seeing their Airbus planes with that... (I think... lol)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Nice pics !

Seattle-Tacoma KSEA ?

Yes...that's out of KSEA. I'm glad everyone likes the older liveries.

It is a -800. I might be able to do it sometime this week. It's not a hard design. Just mostly black text and accents on a solid white aircraft. Don't hold me too it. I might throw it together after I upload the Pan Am -700. The picture below is not off airliners.net and is not copyrighted. I can only find one good picture of this variant, but the same theme is used for all the Star Alliance birds that have similar themes.

CopaAir-StarAlliance.jpg

Teo,

I broke ground on the Copa Airlines Star Alliance livery. Here's an initial shot. It has a ways to go. The lettering below is nowhere near the right size and alignment, but it will be when I'm done. I have to remove that left front passenger window as well. The tail logo is a little too large. It might take a few days to finish this. I just wanted to let you know it was underway.

CopaStart.jpg

Thanks Steve !!!! i will never get tired of flying the Oldies :im Not Worthy: Nice Evening flight from Kjac to Kcys, and they even Served Dinner. Keep up the Great Work !!

Anyone interested in doing a fictional 737-700 Cayman Airways livery (they actually use 737-300, but maybe an upgrade some day in real life)?

The tail is based on the Cayman coat of arms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Coat_of_arms_of_Cayman_Islands.svg

Hi-res turtle logo and name here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Logo_%26_tail.jpg

One cool thing is that the coat of arms is not simply mirrored on the tail--the left side of the tail starts with "He hath founded" and the right finishes with "it upon the seas". It wraps all the way around.

(Apparently no links to airliners.net allowed? But pictures can easily be found there showing the 737-300 livery.)

Best,

James

Thanks Steve !!!! i will never get tired of flying the Oldies :im Not Worthy: Nice Evening flight from Kjac to Kcys, and they even Served Dinner. Keep up the Great Work !!

Marty - very nice screen shot.

I've made a fictional Skyeurope Lindsay Lohan edition. Hope you like it :)

skyeurope.jpg

skyeurope2.jpg

Should be on avsim libraby now.

skyeurope.jpg

skyeurope2.jpg

wow that is very nice m8 love it

skyeurope.jpg

skyeurope2.jpg

Very nice work Jonas! Big%20Grin.gif

Beautiful job on the United livery, Steve! Thank you.

Any chance you will be adding the 80s and 90s liveries (of United) to the 600 as well? That would be amazing.

Again great job on all the paints. Flightsim doesn't get much better than this!

Jack

Beautiful job on the United livery, Steve! Thank you.

Any chance you will be adding the 80s and 90s liveries (of United) to the 600 as well? That would be amazing.

Again great job on all the paints. Flightsim doesn't get much better than this!

Jack

I plan on adding more -600 liveries. I will probably do the United livery that came out after the one I just uploaded. That's the one with the colored stripes down the fuselage and the similarly colored logo on the tail. I have National, older Frontier (not the same as the one Steve Aull did), Continental, Republic, and others in my "to do" list...lol. The list is about a dozen paints long at the moment. I took on that Copa Aorlines to give me a change of pace...lol.

Sometimes the biggest delay it working out the font style to get the lettering accurate. I'm glad you liked the -600 paints. I guess we'll see how far it goes.

Marty - very nice screen shot.

Thanks Pete. Still not as realistic as yours !!!!! you have that down Pat !!

Much appreciated, Steve. Your list sounds awesome... That United livery that you mentioned should look great on the 600. There were two options for font size of the name United on that particular livery... In the late 70s it was small and then in the mid 80s they made it larger (which in my opinion looked better). Anyways, appreciate your feedback and all the hard work. Also, very intrigued by the republic paint you will do. That will be really cool to see.

Jack

Much appreciated, Steve. Your list sounds awesome... That United livery that you mentioned should look great on the 600. There were two options for font size of the name United on that particular livery... In the late 70s it was small and then in the mid 80s they made it larger (which in my opinion looked better). Anyways, appreciate your feedback and all the hard work. Also, very intrigued by the republic paint you will do. That will be really cool to see.

Jack

I debated whether the tail logo on the -600 United bird I just released was too large and needed to be smaller. The size of the logo to the tail seemed correct when looking at older aircraft vertical fins with the same logo. It's just my perspective, but the tail on the -600 seems a little large in relationship to the fuselage. Looking at pictures of older 737s, the tail does not seem as big. When I did the Eastern bird, it seemed like the tail was pretty tall...lol.

I'm hoping to finish up the Copa Airlines Star Alliance bird in the next couple of days. The next livery in line for the -600 series I want to get out is the older Continental Airlines with the wide gold area that runs up the tail. I'm leaning on doing the version that has the tail logo in black with the small Continental logo, word Continental, and flag over the colored stripes. The version that has the logo in red on the gold tail just has the word "Continental" on the fuselage. That would be my second choice.

The Repiblic paint will be interesting. It will be based on a real livery they used.