Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Hi all,

Just was wondering if anyone is attempting the 737MAX livery? It is pretty much the Dreamliner livery but the tail is a lot better! I see the new 787-9 that rolled out this week has it as well. Would GREATLY appreciate if someone could do a pseudo MAX for the 600/700/800/900 using 6/7/8/9; can skip 6 as there will not be an equivalent. I know and this is from someone that dislike fictional liveries. I love the split winglets but know that is for NGX v3. If only time for one, the either a 7 or 8 will do.

Thanks

PS - Nearly forgot what I call the tramp stamp, the funky 737 MAX logo on the belly.

Where does one get high resolution images for the aircraft they paint?  I'd like to do some more paints of Norwegian aircraft but I haven't been able to find detailed enough images, especially to make the tails.  The fuselage is easy and I have that part.  I know one option is to take the pictures myself but that's pretty tough in this case since I live in the U.S.  Anyone live in Norway(or any of their European destinations) that wants to take some photos?  :)  Oh, and obviously since this is in the NGX livery, I'm just looking for -800s.  Not 787 or -300s.

I know about the usual sources, airliners.net and the like.  None of them have high enough resolution images(that you can download for free at least) from what I've seen.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Kevin,

From the days when I had an interest in painting aircraft, I know many actually re-create the artwork by hand.  Using the pictures from airliners.net as reference material only.  I remember from the FS98 days, the aircraft that were "photoshop" extractions (using the actual picture) instead of vector graphic reconstructions; you could tell the difference.  Also they used to do this for scenery and sometimes it works but often times you could see artifacting and in some cases just bad photo stiching.

I learned I am not patient enough other than basic things but it made me appricate what many of the really good painters do!

Kevin,

From the days when I had an interest in painting aircraft, I know many actually re-create the artwork by hand.  Using the pictures from airliners.net as reference material only.  I remember from the FS98 days, the aircraft that were "photoshop" extractions (using the actual picture) instead of vector graphic reconstructions; you could tell the difference.  Also they used to do this for scenery and sometimes it works but often times you could see artifacting and in some cases just bad photo stiching.

I learned I am not patient enough other than basic things but it made me appricate what many of the really good painters do!

Thanks, Jhan.  I was wondering this too but didn't ask it in my earlier post.  If that is indeed what is done, especially with something like the Norwegian tails where it is a likeness of some famous Scandinavian person, then I'm with you.  My appreciation for those that know what they're really doing here has just went up even higher.  I mean I knew it took a lot of work before, but I just thought for things like this, it was more or less a 'cut and paste' and then tweak it into the paint kit.  But, to have to re-draw an image, the time, skill and effort that go into that...Wow!!  That's all I can say.  I'm not sure I have the patience for that myself and guess I will just have to live with the existing fleet of Norwegian aircraft to choose from.  :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Where does one get high resolution images for the aircraft they paint?  I'd like to do some more paints of Norwegian aircraft but I haven't been able to find detailed enough images, especially to make the tails.  The fuselage is easy and I have that part.  I know one option is to take the pictures myself but that's pretty tough in this case since I live in the U.S.  Anyone live in Norway(or any of their European destinations) that wants to take some photos?  :)  Oh, and obviously since this is in the NGX livery, I'm just looking for -800s.  Not 787 or -300s.

I know about the usual sources, airliners.net and the like.  None of them have high enough resolution images(that you can download for free at least) from what I've seen.

Hi Kevin

Yes what Jhan says is generally true, replicating the line work by hand is generally the way I do it, you get pretty good with the 'pen tool' :)

For things like 'photos',like the Norwegian tails you mention though you really need to find the best / highest resolution versions you can. I remember some I've done where I did find high res close ups that were 'good enough' . Some I've actually emailed the photographer and got a higher res copy usually for a small fee. Sometimes asking the PR department of the actual airline might work if you are lucky. But in general starting with the best you can find on the net and tweaking as required yields a reasonable result.

For things like 'photos',like the Norwegian tails you mention though you really need to find the best / highest resolution versions you can. I remember some I've done where I did find high res close ups that were 'good enough' . Some I've actually emailed the photographer and got a higher res copy usually for a small fee. Sometimes asking the PR department of the actual airline might work if you are lucky. But in general starting with the best you can find on the net and tweaking as required yields a reasonable result.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking around. I'd really like to give one a try once to see what I can do. :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Any chance someone could put together a quick plain white cargo livery similar to the Centurion cargo MD-11F for the -600 (feel free to add your personal flare to it, I just need a cargo livery which is not branded)? The N registration can be fictitious as far as I'm concerned, I'm just looking to import into Air Hauler to use for a 737 cargo carrier. Thanks in advance to anyone who can whip one together!

I was wondering if anyone would be able to fulfill a request for me? I haven't seen a LOT Boeing yet anywhere, as a 737-700 in the old livery. Could anyone please perhaps repaint this LOT 737-500 into a -600 or a -700?

800px-Lot.b737-500.sp-lkb.arp.jpg

Or this :D

1109271683_N411LF_Boeing-737-4Q8_ex-Air-

Yes, but is 800 version, I mean 737-700 in white scheme!

Regards mate!

Oh, Sorry