Sign in to follow this  
vasanta

aircraft nose visible from the flight deck

Dear team, First, all I can see in the videos and screens made available recently is just stunning! great job - worth to buy! My question: I often feel more comfortable in cockpit when I get the "feeling" of sitting inside the plane. At LeonardoSH and other studios they came up with the idea of showing you the aircraft nose when you sit in the cockpit and virtually "lean forward". Will you model the aricraft nose inside the cockpit or did you save framerates instead? (which would be fine for me, too).

I would like to have a nose too... I think about all the things being done, and I'm sure this would not be missed.

Since you can see the wingtips from the cockpit, I'm sure you can realistically see the nose too.

You can see the nose if you move the camera right up in the J41, but not sure about the 737NGX.

I think you can't see it in real life. yeah maybe if you lean over the glareshield and put your nose on the window.

Kimo

That's true and J41 really makes me feel sitting in the cockpit. I am sure PMDG will include many features from the J41 into the NGX an with that the nose, too.

Good question, I know in the Aerosoft Twotter they didn't model the nose, which is a disappointment as it is fairly large, extends a long way out in front, so most definitely visible, makes you feel like you are missing out a bit. Hopefully PMDG took the time to do this, although as has been said, not really sure if the nose is that visible from the flightdeck in the NG.

im sure of it. if you watch the AoA videos. he is using trackir and i think you get a glimpse of the nose

im sure of it. if you watch the AoA videos. he is using trackir and i think you get a glimpse of the nose
really? can you tell at which time point within the video?

You can see the nose of the real NG when you lean forward. You can also catch a glimpse of that in one of the AOA videos (the first one I believe).

Hi, i have a question about something else.. in the AoA walkaround video, at one point you can see through the bypass duct of the engine. You can see the fan blades but those stationary guide vanes that are located just behind the fan were missing. Is this due to beta version that was used in the video and are they going to be included in the release version? Or were they left out in favour of better fps, being a detail that is likely not important to many? As for my part, i'd like to see them in the model. They would greatly add to the immersion when seeing the otherwise awesome looking ngx engines and the whole plane anyway.. If they arent, would it be possible to include them in the first service pack, perhaps as a selectable feature in the fmc? Also, I would like to thank everybody at PMDG for creating such a beautiful and realistic plane! Really looking forward to flying it! Oleg Kosse

All you can really see is the black anti glare paint on the ngx from your eyesight. IF i used a camera and stuck it as high up as possible (somewhere your eye level is impossible to reach) you can barely see the white of the nose JUST past the anti glare paint.JackColwill

The nose is visible from the cockpit, but you have to lift yourself up fairly high and forward to see it....
Thanks, worth the wait for me! (only one week left!!!)

...worth the wait for me!...
Are you serious? ;) And only one week left until they might release. Remember it was not a date set in stone.The beta team will not let them release until we feel we are fully satisfied with the product... :) Cheers,