Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737NGX Post Release Debrief Items!

Incredible aircraft Robert! Have only put about two hours on it so far but that will all change today. I've got a full days flight schedule planned ahead of me now that the work week is behind me. I've got the whole weekend of NGX ops ahead until I have to climb into the real thing Monday morning for a SEA-LIH trip. But in that case I'll be flying from 6A.. and asleep most of the time.. Thanks to you and your team for your continued support, and ownership in this project.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

EXACTLY.... if you pay, you deserve it. Period. There are no "thank you". They must thank me to buy their products because i'm paying their bills. So ... if they dont thank me, I dont thank them. And this is business... PMDG is a company and i'm a customer. There are nothing to thanks about it. And as customer I dont want "thanks, i'm glad bla bla bla" I just want be RESPECTED as customer and that means: RECEIVE a fair product, bugfree and an good support if I need. IThis is what I paid for.
Jari my friend, I am not disputing whether you 'deserve' what you pay for, no doubt about it you do but, common courtesy and decency also begs of us to be CIVIL, and to treat others with respect. We all have a choice of whether we are going to buy a product or not, that's it !!! PMDG has an obligation to provide you with a satisfactory product if you spend your money, and they do, but like I said earlier, we are dealing with software and a wide assortment of peoples and PCs worldwide; some people care for their computers and its operating systems more than some others do.A Corporate giant like Microsoft has to release "fixes" for their OSs post release, and take a look at their resourcesShocked.gif . Some people THINK they 'know all there is to be known' about PCs and therefore do all sorts of mods to same, etc, etc, etc. What I am saying is that even with 10,000+ beta testers working 24/7 on their own PCs, there is no way all of the potential variables can be covered before releasing said product. PMDG has always been Great with their after sales service and do release comprehensive patches which address the majority of issues if not all. "The Customer is Always Right" , that is a great old credo in the service/business world and still holds true today but, "Give Respect if you expect Respect" is also still true I believe. GodfreyFGYawn.gif

Thank you Robert and entire PMDG Team! Wow, I thought I knew this aircraft but not as much as I thought. I have made my first delivery flight KRNT - KBFI after playing on the ground for a day. Most realistic taxi replication I have ever seen. Could not figure a few things out at first but finally read the Introduction and everything finally fell in to place. Thought for sure the APU was defective as I could not get it on line no matter what I did. Finally figured out I was starting it without any fuel onboard which I guess fried it. Putting fuel onboard after the fact did not fix it which is real world. It made me delve into the books to figure it out, Awsome!!! Again, thank you all for your outstanding product and a big Navy - "BRAVO-ZULU"!

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Or how about the fact that Robert could have delayed the release justifiably to spend the day with his family because it was his birthday. These guys and their families have sacrificed a lot to bring us this airplane. We should show our appretiation.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

- trust me. Thanks is WELL deserved to the PMDG team. This is plane is absouletly gorgeous. The attention to detail, and sytem logic is five star. Its unlikley to be matched by any other developer. EDIT-I found this from another developer claiming THEY "have produced the most sophisticated and comprehensive 737NG add-on aircraft to date for FSX."I find that absurd

Peter Osborn

The NGX is great, Robert. Yesterday I was doing a flight and during the approach, I left the LNAV and VNAV taking care of things and went to the wingview to hear the engines and especially the flaps, which sound I and anyone who has travelled in a 737 remember very clearly. Almost felt like I was in the real plane. The sound set in general is fantastic. By far the best I've ever seen. The graphics, exterior models and everything related to visuals are amazing too. Yesterday I had my first 'service' failure when testing the plane. Somehow I managed to overload the packs or something when testing the pressurization system. I kept changing from AUTO to MANUAL, back and forth, until the message AUTO FAIL came up. I went to the QRH to sort it out and easily solved the problem by simply reseting the packs. Never expected that to happen at all. I'm really enjoying the plane now, although some times I get the panel freeze you described. Hope you find a solution for this soon. Anyway, it's being great so far. Had no CTDs yet, even though my PC is... not a high end one, to say the least LOL.gif Also had some problems with the -800WL and -900WL liveries that didn't wanted to install, but yesterday I saw Ryan's post saying that issue was already fixed. So I redownloaded the liveries and I have them all in the sim now.

Matheus Mafra

im assuming the out of memory error is a known issue? i jsut had one but it was in the loading area of FSX where you select your flight. So far its not crashed once in the actual sim. Just tesing it in scenery heavy area (EGCC) and its seems fine. I had about 7 GB of system memory free (12Gb total) I know fsx only uses 4GB though. specs are below. Cant send a crash log as it didnt leave one.

Just want to say Thank you Robert and your team for producing a truly mind blowing aircraft, if a 737 pilot ever gets a heartattack (god forbid ,only joking pilots!) i think i might be able to land it now. good work PMDG!

This plane is in my hangar for just a day now and I can say that is has become my favourite bird to fly! From the graphics to the sound to the handling in the VC and to the performance....this plane is just the top of it´s class! I can´t see any developer reaching PMDG at this point for years! You have just made a milestone in flightsimulation!

Robert, thanks for the update and professional support from you and the PMDG team for users having issues. I love the plane, it's gonna give me endless hours of fun! Many thanksChris

amazing. my 800WL is still parked at KBFI awaiting its delivery flight to amsterdam. but for the moment i don't wanna fly. i just can't stop admiring it, from the inside and outside. even my fsx hating wife is impressed. well done pmdg. thank you for this.

From one Captain to another, thank you for the outstanding job the folks at PMDG have put together. My fellow airline associates used to kind of laugh at me for flight simming; something one does before the real thing right? Though now their comments are now more along the lines of "holy ****!". I have a friend who's an FO at WestJet on the 800, and he's as giddy as a school girl on this thing. He's able to fly it by the book and SOP's. I now get frequent visitors who want to come over and "play"? These guys are relatively high time fellows, go figure. I haven't been able to keep it running on my system for more than an hour before CTD/ Fatal Error, but I have no worries this will eventually be resolved. Your release will certainly have me looking closely at what and where I purchase add-ons in the future. The bar has been raised to the top FL's here. Short of a real Level 1 simulator, this is the best it gets for a relatively simple home setup. I like the fact there are features that have yet to be implemented for future proofing when the technology catches up, such as the weather radar; not functioning, but clearly there. The electronic flight bag will also be a huge leap forward in the future. To the PMDG team, thanks for "putting me there", when I'm "not there". Keep up the awesome work, this product is worth way more than being dispensed at. P.S. - is that you Robert in the Captain seat of this thing? If so, it's been a pleasure flying with you sir. ; )

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Thanks for the update Robert, I just completed a flight from KORF to KBWI, average FPS were between 23 and 31FPS. Simply an amazing plane, and the sounds and wing views are exceptional, not to mention the cockpit too, thanks again to all the PMDG team, Tech team , and Beta testers!

Team PMDG,I can only thank you for the excellent quality product, it's worth the $70.00.I have flown it since launch (ID #24) and have not had any problem or bug. Unless one of the aircraft.cfg that was easily resolved.Is congratulated for the excellent product and the quick support.Now ... the coming of the T7! Best regards,