Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737NGX Post Release Debrief Items!

Thank you for the update. Huge congratulations to you Robert and the whole team...This bird is stunning and has gone so far past my expectations, which were very high to begin with.Jeff

Jeff Hendershot
"Roger, Roger...What's Our Vector, Victor?"

Once again I found myself without words to describe what I am feeling every time a step onto the NGX.It's realy hard to put that in words.Everything seems to be so alive around you that you feel a little fear of doing something wrong.KUDOS to all of PMDG team.I am proud of you! And more important I am proud of own my NGX!Congratulations!

OUTSTANDING far better again that what i expected. MINDBLOWING.

The sounds are the icing on the cake. Everything else about the NGX really is best of breed, like the Mercedes advertising nowadays, it's the "Best or Nothing". I was expecting the systems and visuals to raise the bar, and in that PMDG has succeeded, but I thought maybe the soundset will be really good, but nothing exceptional, that's why there's a addon soundset market right? Not the case here, the sounds are so real I actually feel I'm getting the headache I normally get IRL from the loud bass and ear piercing ancillary sounds. How did you guys manage to get that high pitched, but low volume, APU ringing sound down? Its a good headache, I just need to tone down my master speaker volume down a bit. My favorite sound? That slow bass rumble when the engines are retarded at the top of descent, it is a 100% match for the sound I heard on a real Delta 737-800 on descent to KPHL a few weeks ago. I'm telling ya, all these sounds in the NGX, I feel like I am back on my vacation trip again! This is a new paradigm for flight sim addons, where you don't need to trick out the base product with sounds or liveries from other payware vendors. With the NGX, attempting such work would be like putting "DUBS" rims on a Lamborghini. You cannot improve perfection!
Got to agree with that bass rumble, that is 100% authentic, you do feel like your on the real thing!

Chris Howard

It sure is an excellent aircraft. As a GA/bush flyer by heart I'm really surprised how quickly I needed to get it (you can thank Nick Collet for that) and how much I love it (you can thank yourself for that). The J-41 already was and still is excellent, but the 737 is indeed a work of art. It will take a long time until I will have wrapped my head around the FMC, though. My only experience that I have with an FMC so far is with the one from the J-41, and that one is a whole lot simpler. I did the tutorial flight yesterday and why I could follow the steps and the reasons for them well, it will take a while until I will be able to apply them on my own flights. As a beginner in that area It seems to me like one has to jump all over the place to get things done in the 737's FMC, without a nice flow that would make things easier.

we had a number of folks impacted by lost or missing download links we were able to work through most all of those issues during the course of the day.
Yup! After submitting my ticket i received the email with the download link within half an hour. That's pretty fast, considering the problems you had.

AJ- Armen does an absolutely magnificent job in preparing sounds for the airplane. If you want to see how difficult his job was- take a cruise through the FSX/SOUND/PMDG/PMDG 737NGX directory. You will find hundreds of sound files in there- all of which had to be coded by the development team as Armen produced them and spent months tweaking and tuning them to match the audio environment of the airplane... He does great work!
Robert,I agree the sound is truly outstanding...but.....after the first flight I could no longer get the sound working properly: everything started when I tried to reduce the overall volume by using the sound option in the CDU: it went from 100 to 0 and could not be moved away from zero. I had a warning of corrupted sound file in the -800 sound directory........tried to reinstall the entire airplane and now I still can't move the sound level above zero in the CDU.....Any idea to fix it ?ThanksRegardsJackson

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

i'm not gonna thank you because we paid for this, so we all need to have a bugfree addon.. but anyway.. its a good addon.. but cmon.. dont be like captainsim.. keep doing expansions just to get more money? it sucks!
So, because you PAY for something you feel obligated NOT to say thank you for a product well made ? That is surely a great example of the degradation of manners and politeness in society today. With regards to your comments about expansions and PMDG becoming like CaptainSim, nothing could be further from the truth and, if you had the interest enough to read RSR's earlier updates, you would understand why, with a Sim Product as complex and complete as this is, it required an "expansion". In addition, the size of the download would be pretty large and, those who don't want to pilot the -600/700 variants, would not be short changed.All I am saying to you Jari is, Please GROW UPand, even though you spent your money, say Thank You to PMDG for such a wonderful product. Courtesy goes a Long Way my friend. Expectations of 'bug free releases' are just wishful thinking on our parts as we are dealing here with software which has to run on an enormous variety of dissimilar PCs and, even if PMDG used 5,000+ beta testers, it still would not be representative of the 'worldwide' cross section of PCs and FlightSim users who are thrilled to use PMDG's products. PMDG, to you guys I say, THANK YOU !!! (Please excuse the shouting but I am THRILLED by this product and, it is as if I am 'afraidNail%20Biting.gif' to 'fly' as this IS "AS REAL AS IT GETS on a PC !!!!") Bravo PMDG, Bravo.Applause.gif GodfreyFGim Not Worthy.gif

Superb aircraft in so many ways, a trouble free download as well. FPS very good as well, system relevant of course. Great product. Cheers.

At first I was struggling too with what is now known as 'the panel freeze bug' and I got rid of it by turning off the Autosave option in FSUIPC. Hopefully this 'fix' works for others too.Just completed another flight and let the plane do a full autoland in all but jolly weather conditions. Really, really impressive. smile.png Many thanks to all members of the PMDG team and the testers for this truly amazing 737NG simulation. Cheers,Arthur

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

So, because you PAY for something you feel obligated NOT to say thank you for a product well made ?
EXACTLY.... if you pay, you deserve it. Period. There are no "thank you". They must thank me to buy their products because i'm paying their bills. So ... if they dont thank me, I dont thank them. And this is business... PMDG is a company and i'm a customer. There are nothing to thanks about it. And as customer I dont want "thanks, i'm glad bla bla bla" I just want be RESPECTED as customer and that means: RECEIVE a fair product, bugfree and an good support if I need. IThis is what I paid for.

Greetings from Dubai! The NGX was worth the long wait...PMDG has done it again! Congratulations!

I just want be RESPECTED as customer
Respect goes both ways. Saying "Thank you" definitely isn't mutually exclusive with paying someone. It's a simple courtesy. However, actively saying that you won't thank someone, instead of simply not doing it and leaving it at that, is an act of disrespect. Oh, by the way. Going by your logic:
They must thank me to buy their products because i'm paying their bills
Why should they thank you? You got something for your money, didn't you? There is no "Thank you". Luckily, PMDG don't go by that logic and indeed thank us for buying their product. Why? Because they respect us.

This is classy and super way to deal with customers and potential ones, my best compliments and thanks indeed. Just 2 quick questions : 1 ) what's the PMDG position about FPS several users are reporting to have issues with ? Above all when the mouse pointer is involved 2 ) is there any plan to release sooner or later an electronic flight bag for the NG considering tha the manual speaks about it ? Thanks in advance