Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737NGX Post Release Debrief Items!

Can we please, in the future, have a way to switch on the fuel valves from the 2D panel without having to go into the 3D panel? This is an item of major importance that was left out, and we, the users who mostly use the 2D panel (because of the higher functionality/faster response/name your reason) would certainly make good use of it. 2D panels still play a big role. Many simmers use multiple monitor setups and many others prefer using it as opposed to the better looking and more realistic 3D panel, having their own reasons for that. Thanks for reading,Nuno

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

This aircraft is incredible. The sounds are exactly like my last flight (it was a 737-700 but still not much difference there). I have only experienced one problem in 8 flights. It was my last flight. Passing 24k on my way up to 370 I had a CTD with no indication other than "A Fatal error has occurred". It was after departing SEA. I am doubtful it was a PMDG issue. I had recently added scenery to SEA area. If not that , it could be anything since I didn't really use FSX until this was released. I am a convert thanks to this aircraft. Again, Great Job!!! It's now the benchmark for FS add ons going forward.

Beginning descent into CYYC to complete my 4th leg now with the NGX. This is just such an INCREDIBLE aircraft!!!!! I just can't say it enough!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! And, I don't notice a difference for FPS. PMDG, you should develop a full blown flight sim next - imagine how well that would perform!?!?!! :) Thanks soooo much, PMDG, for taking the time and effort to develop such great airplane!!! As I love Southwest and fly them most of the time, I really can't wait for the -700 now. (I know they are getting -800s, but they don't have them yet :))

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

This seems to be the place to drop a hearty "Good Job" to the PMDG team. Honourable mention to the guys who optimized this thing for performance. I have a pretty measly FSX system yet I'm getting a great (for me) ~20 FPS. Definitely better performance than the MD11 VC. Still a little choked about no 600/700; but I expected that, you could read the split release idea out of some post a long time ago.

Thanks to all the team for a wonderful addon, i am loving it. I just completed a 5 hour flight in the 800WL and about three quarters of the way through I got the frozen VC, I fixed it by switching to 2d for a second, then back again, it seemed to happen after I was playng around with the controls for the displays and which one controls all, i set it to 1 and the back and after that it seemed to freeze, I then switched control to 1 for the remainder of the flight with out any issues. Hope that helps to solve the issue. To the person who doesn't say thanks, its just common courtesy and good manners when someone gives you something (even if you have paid for it) to say thank you. Manners cost nothing mate!

nice, thanks for the update and great to hear a hotfix is coming out in due time. thats customer service!

Stephan Faessler // designer, painter

P1 // vACC Switzerland Controller

impulseai

970abb2d.png

Really enjoying the hard work you've dropping into the NGX PMDG team!

EXACTLY.... if you pay, you deserve it. Period. There are no "thank you". They must thank me to buy their products because i'm paying their bills. So ... if they dont thank me, I dont thank them. And this is business... PMDG is a company and i'm a customer. There are nothing to thanks about it. And as customer I dont want "thanks, i'm glad bla bla bla" I just want be RESPECTED as customer and that means: RECEIVE a fair product, bugfree and an good support if I need. IThis is what I paid for.
Are you sh**ting me? Bejeeezuz, with attitudes like this the frikkin human race is over! That kind of non-courteous attitude will translate into ever other aspect of your life. The next thing will be "well why should I tell her thank you for making me dinner. I pay the bills around here". Have fun and a LOT of good luck with that attitude. Sorry to everyone else for getting ###### at that response but that angers me.

Are you sh**ting me? Bejeeezuz, with attitudes like this the frikkin human race is over! That kind of non-courteous attitude will translate into ever other aspect of your life. The next thing will be "well why should I tell her thank you for making me dinner. I pay the bills around here". Have fun and a LOT of good luck with that attitude. Sorry to everyone else for getting ###### at that response but that angers me.
Agreed. This is such a niche hobby and the community is pretty tight. I for one am thankful for PMDG's talent. (And the tech and beta teams as well!)

+1 On my first night flight right now(KLAX-KABQ) and once again, all I can say is WOW!!! We've all seen the AOA videos showing the incredible panel lighting. That is just wonderful alone. But, then, step outside the aircraft...you can see the reflections of all the aircraft lights on the ground(beacon, strobe, nav/position lights). For the first time in all the years of doing this, we have a plane here that totally immerses you in EVERY way possible and others thought not possible before. It's just gorgeous to see your aircraft actually interact with the environment it's in with little things like this. Thanks yet again, PMDG, for this incredible aircraft!!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

We should be thanking YOU for telling that guy off. PMDG wants $70, we want a license to some software... we all decide it's a fair trade... they're happy on their end, we're happy on our end, and then we all say thanks because we're not jerks. Where I come from you thank people when they do something for you... it's not hard... And not to mention the lengths to which PMDG went to ensure the product was as good as possible before taking one dime from anybody for it. So THANK YOU, PMDG, for making that the best $70 I've spent in a LONG time.

Don't let him get under your skin dude, he's clearly a d####bag that has to talk around the silver spoon jammed so far down his throat he's got silver poking out of his butt. He has no clue how much work and effort by a team of people that goes into such a product. Without all the PMDG's team effort, this would be nothing more than a fantasy. This, he clearly fails to ascertain. He's no doubt an individual who never tips his server in a restaurant regardless of how outstanding the service, because he paid the price on the menu for his meal and the server is making minimum wage and therefore he's paid his fare. He clearly fails to connect the dots. The server gets paid the same base amount whether they spit in his food, or take the utmost care to ensure it arrives to him in the most perfect state possible. He ought take a moment and think about that. Most respondents to his comments advised him to ride out of town on the horse he rode in on. The product, an outstanding one at that, has barely been out 48 hours. Mine crashes routinely and I can still feel confident to stand by it. His user name should be changed to #FAIL...

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Just ignore the negative comments PMDG you guys have done good- very good.i have only left my flight deck for sleep and other essentials since release hour. short hops to longer european routes i' m flying this baby anywere i can. performance is excellent some addon airports are a little tougher to get a smooth approach which is to be expected. I will gladly pay extra for the expansions as i have a benchmark now of what to expect. And please people don't disrespect the obvious hard work and obsesivenes shown by th whole team making this addon it is obvious to see the dedication and hrad work gone into this- compared to other addons for example the company named above this is light years ahead in terms of quality and functionality.Truely outstanding job PMDG continue in this direction and you will always have my support, and credit card at the ready ReagrdsChris stanley

I just wanted to also add my sincere thanks to the PMDG team for the incredible job they've done. YOU DID IT, GUYS!! Although there were a few impatient people over the past year here in the forums, I, along with most of us, were willing to wait for a complete, bug-free release. Now the PMDG team can soon take a well deserved rest....for about 24 hours, after which time they must start working on the 777. tongue.png ps....I almost forgot to mention that yesterday I was in the NGX and noticed something odd with some of the gauges. I realized it was the reflection of the clouds. Incredible.

Thank you Cpt. Robert and PMDG. You have made us all so happy with this beautiful NGX release.