Sign in to follow this  
invun

Request 2D throttle quadrant & F/O panels in the next patch, please?

I'll add my voice to this. I'd love a 2D throttle quadrant. I fly with the VC or an outside view undocked on a large screen and use 3 smaller monitors for instruments and overhead/pedestal etc. I use a CH throttle quadrant and it's a real pain having to switch views in the VC during final approach to check you've set the right flap setting.

I'll add my voice to this. I'd love a 2D throttle quadrant. I fly with the VC or an outside view undocked on a large screen and use 3 smaller monitors for instruments and overhead/pedestal etc. I use a CH throttle quadrant and it's a real pain having to switch views in the VC during final approach to check you've set the right flap setting.
You mean this thing?

I too realy want the 2D throttle panel as start-up is a problem. I would even pay for it as an extra. My question is so much work went into the 737NGX sim - how much more work would a 2D throttle quad have been? 1 week, 1 month, 1 year more work???Look I have the fastest computer out there. I have TrackIR5 and all the goodies (PFC throttle, yoke, Saitek Pedals, noce scenery too), but I simply choose to fly in the 2D mode. I hope the 777 will use both a full array of 2D and 3D panels. Agg - another 2D vs 3D post!! Let's start nagging about the 777 release too.

Paul Gugliotta

2D is like FS9, no point to it anymore.
Sorry but this is ridiculous. No point to you, maybe, but that's opinion not fact. Many still use FS9, many still prefer 2D. This thread is about requesting PMDG complete the 2D panel set they supplied with the NGX. It is not a 2D v VC thread. Can we try and keep it that way please?Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Not exactly. PMDG's next products will be like the JS41. There'll be no 2D cockpit, no overhead panel, no throttle quadrant. They'll only model pop up CDUs, display units, other relevant panels and maybe the MCP, but no full cockpit as we're used to.PMDG took this decision because virtual flight decks are light years ahead of what thery were in the in the golden age of 2D flight decks. 2D panels are also becoming useless because better hardware is getting cheaper and many simmers, myself included, are upgrading and gradually abandoning the 2D cockpit.
Please don't exaggerate. My understanding is that PMDG aren't providing a full 2D panel in future because they feel the VC is now good enough and a 2D panel takes a lot of time to produce for the reducing number of users who use it. I didn't see any mention of VCs being "light years ahead".If by hardware you mean TrackIR, I don't see why I should have to buy that and have to wear a hat while simming to get the same perspectives a 2D panel gives. The VC in the NGX is very good, but I still find the overhead panel perspective unrealistic and distracting. If PMDG can solve that problem without the need to buy EZCA then I'm happy to live with their "no 2D" decision. By solve it I mean provide a direct key mapping to the various preset camera views, not have to cycle through them using A or shift A to find the one you want. In other words the same single keystroke view selection functionality available in the present 2D panel. It shouldn't be too hard to achieve.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

While I would like to see support for a fully functional 2D panel, I have now come to accept the fact that it isn´t happening. I have now moved on 80% to flying 3D. I still use the 2D panel usually for setting up the MCP and FMC on preflight.Sadly, this has apparently become something of an Achille´s heel for PMDG, since they tend to lock up these threads, like Jason said.

I would also like to show my interest in having a full 2D cockpit. It would make the 737 perfect in any aspect

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

My view is that whatever decision is taken about future products it's illogical for PMDG not to complete the 2D panel set on the NGX and thus keep everyone happy. It doesn't have to be a deluxe fully animated pedestal, it need only have the fuel levers and stab trim as a minimum. Autothrottle disco sw and TOGA would be nice though. :)When the 777 comes along everyone buying it will know there won't be a 2D main panel, just popups, and so there won't be an argument.Please don't close the thread, Ryan. Free speech and all that.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

My view is that whatever decision is taken about future products it's illogical for PMDG not to complete the 2D panel set on the NGX and thus keep everyone happy. It doesn't have to be a deluxe fully animated pedestal, it need only have the fuel levers and stab trim as a minimum. Autothrottle disco sw and TOGA would be nice though. :)When the 777 comes along everyone buying it will know there won't be a 2D main panel, just popups, and so there won't be an argument.Please don't close the thread, Ryan. Free speech and all that.Kevin Hall
+1...lets see how long this thread lasts

Jay

i think they mentioned that a 2d throttle panel was not going to b done

yep, they said as much for the triple seven. Sad for some, but true.Although I simmed most of my life in 2D panels, I have finally taken the plunge and got a trackIR+EZCA and started using the virtual cockpit. It sure does make a world of difference. Adds a lot to immersion and all that. Sadly, my PC simply can´t handle add-on airports, Wx, medium graphic settings and a virtual cockpit. It stutters like crazy. Hopefully this will change in about 3 months. I have to admit though, that I constanly revert to the 2D panel for any number of reasons. Whenever I´m not handlfying and I have to keep throwing switches like crazy, that´s when I tend to revert to 2D. It will be sorely missed once it´s forever gone. But, being the unabashed PMDG ###### that I am, I´ll just try to go with what they´re trying to establish. And in Ryan´s defense I don´t think the last thread got locked because people were asking for a 2D panel. It simply turned into a flame war between 2D lovers and haters. Pity that people can´t be civil to ano another over such trivial details.

+1. PMDG promised full 2D panel functionality. This is not a thread about 2D v. 3D flying..... it's about delivering on a promise. If the 777 comes out without 2D panels, it's up to the individual to decide if they can live with it.I just want what I was promised..... and I don't think it should be too difficult. The 2D throttle panel in the previous PMDG 737NG worked just fine thank you.Phil

+1. PMDG promised full 2D panel functionality. This is not a thread about 2D v. 3D flying..... it's about delivering on a promise. If the 777 comes out without 2D panels, it's up to the individual to decide if they can live with it.I just want what I was promised..... and I don't think it should be too difficult. The 2D throttle panel in the previous PMDG 737NG worked just fine thank you.Phil
I dont think they promised that at all. Infact, I remember them deleting any thread that asked about the 2d panel without any sort of explanation.

I dont think they promised that at all. Infact, I remember them deleting any thread that asked about the 2d panel without any sort of explanation.
When the J41 was released there was some comment about it being VC only. PMDG said that the J41 wasn't an in depth study sim and that those sims would continue to be produced with a 2D panel. Not exactly a promise but a very strong statement of intent.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

If it wasnt that difficult to do than pmdg would have included the throttle quadrant so obiviously they had their reason in not producing it. Cant recall that they they used the word " promised " to produce the throttle quadrant all i can recall is a functional 2d cockpit so if you can point me in the right direction on where they promised the throttle quadrant than u got a case.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg